Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    well i'm in jersey city the north bergen sprint store is going to close at 4pm and reopen at 6pm to sell the palm pre to the sprint premier customers..... he mentioned some copy of the invitation to bring in. i guess print the invitation from the website....idk he said to call back next week and they'll have more info.....let keep our fingers cross.
    Almost impossible to get in touch with my local sprint stores (Ny checking in) but thought i would try calling sprint 800# and see what they had to say and the rep told me she has no knowledge of this so called, pre, "pre" releases and wanted the exact site i was given this knowledge from ... was transfered to telesales and telesales can not pre sell the phone until the 6th .... Guess i am going to have to take a ride to my sprint store later to see what is going on ...

Was also told its possible that the infamous email will go out to Sprint premies only but how that would help anyone else wanting to get the pre on the following day makes no sense and in her words that would be no good for those who wanted the next day, there would be none left ...

I found out been with sprint 6yrs and needed to be with sprint for 12yrs ... thought it was 10? ah well ....
    Quote Originally Posted by firefinder24 View Post
    Just called the Santa Maria, CA store......they will be opening and selling Pre's on the 5th at 6:00 P.M. Also, no invitation. Anyone can walk in and buy one - Seeya AT&T!!!!!!
    This is good news! I will be getting mine at 6PM
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  4.    #24  
    I just called a sprint store in my local area, Arizona. The one on Stapley isn't open on the 5th, and the one on Mcclintock and southern, isn't either. Spoke to both advocates.

They said they just got a corporate email sent out that they are cancelling the whole pre-sale on the 5th.

So from them, Officially it will be first sold on the 6th, 8am...

Just FYI!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigchris View Post
    Yep, just noticed it.. I have 10 stores in my area that HAD the special store hours. Now there gone.
    Yeah I checked yesterday and all the stores in my area had the same hours. Now only one has the special hours. I called a store that wasn't listed and the Sprint rep told me his store his store was going to close at 4:00 p.m. and re-open at 6:00 p.m. till midnight.

Hmmm....
    Quote Originally Posted by phone queen View Post
    well i'm in jersey city the north bergen sprint store is going to close at 4pm and reopen at 6pm to sell the palm pre to the sprint premier customers..... he mentioned some copy of the invitation to bring in. i guess print the invitation from the website....idk he said to call back next week and they'll have more info.....let keep our fingers cross.
    I live in North Bergen, thanks for the heads up.
    Quote Originally Posted by HChristianS View Post
    Westside? Southside? Orange Park? Avondale? Mandarin? Beaches? lemmme knooow.
    I can tell you that its on the Southside/Mandarin area. Didnt know anyone else from Boo-Val was on here (besides NachoB)

Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    I know it's not the one at 9510 Atlantic Blvd. Yesterday they said they were reopening at 6pm, now today they say the manager has changed his mind and they're not.
    I just read some threads about Sprint cancelling the events for most stores...I hope they dont close the one I know of. BTW, NachoB I pm'd you
    CHICAGO, IL checking in. Anybody else from the Chi?

Anyway, the LaSalle street store in the loop IS having a special launch party, but it's "private". Thing is, as of right now, nobody in the store knows anything about who's invited. They have led me to believe that they will let anyone in who arrives, and they are just assuming that the only people who know about the event are the ones who are invited. They said they are not in charge of inviting people and will not have any sort of list of attendees. So, as of right now, it would seem like anybody could hang out @ the store around 5 pm on June 5th and just waltz in like they were invited. Perhaps they'll get more details from eCare in the next 2 weeks, such as instructions to scan barcoded invites or a list of names, but that's my sleuthing update for now.

For what it's worth, I'm a premiere member but haven't recieved any invite yet.

Anybody from Chicago???
    I just noticed the "Make an appointment" https://securegateway.timetrade.com/...=0&b=1&e=1&a=0 .

Too bad it dosen't let you select a time
    Vegas popped up on the other thread listing the ten cities getting a 6/5 release. I called five stores around the southern end of town and only one had any idea of a 6/5 release. I'm wondering if its the same one on south Eastern...
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB504 View Post
    The store here in new orleans is also selling Pre's at 6 on june the 5th
    which would that be? moving there next week and need to know where to pick up my pre
    Quote Originally Posted by laravia18 View Post
    Yeah I checked yesterday and all the stores in my area had the same hours. Now only one has the special hours. I called a store that wasn't listed and the Sprint rep told me his store his store was going to close at 4:00 p.m. and re-open at 6:00 p.m. till midnight.
    Hmmm....
    no point in calling stores becasue the plan is either in flux, or more likely, the plan is staying but they have decided counter knowledge about this with some careful misinformation.
    Quote Originally Posted by chrissurra View Post
    403 Avenue Of The Americas
    New York, NY 10014
    See ya there!

I'm going to go an hour or two early. Hopefully there's not a big crowd.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Dropped into my local Sprint store today to ask about the Premier Customer Launch Party dealy and ran into a guy who used to be my crew chief in the military after getting reacquainted it turns out that he is the regional manager. He said that there are only 10 of those parties and they are at "flagship" stores. Baltimore unfortunately is not one of them. He didn't know all of them off the top of his head but he thought that NY, LA, Chicago & Vegas were on the list. All the stores are closing early on the 5th though for new signage final training.
    Quote Originally Posted by Loogie View Post
    Dropped into my local Sprint store today to ask about the Premier Customer Launch Party dealy and ran into a guy who used to be my crew chief in the military after getting reacquainted it turns out that he is the regional manager. He said that there are only 10 of those parties and they are at "flagship" stores. Baltimore unfortunately is not one of them. He didn't know all of them off the top of his head but he thought that NY, LA, Chicago & Vegas were on the list. All the stores are closing early on the 5th though for new signage final training.
    LA has an event even earlier organized by Palm. I have a friend going. I don't know if Sprttn will hold one a few days later in LA on the 5th as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Loogie View Post
    uh did you ask him about getting a PRE early? forget about the party.
    Quote Originally Posted by LocoTreoGurl View Post
    I just noticed the "Make an appointment" https://securegateway.timetrade.com/...=0&b=1&e=1&a=0 .

Too bad it dosen't let you select a time
    I made an appointment for June 5th at the Sprint store by my house and recived a conformation email. I am going to drop by this evening and see if they are going to honor it.
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitchinfool View Post
    I made an appointment for June 5th at the Sprint store by my house and recived a conformation email. I am going to drop by this evening and see if they are going to honor it.
    I HIGHLY doubt they will.....whats the normal way of finding the appointment webpage? Is it available to everyone freely?
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    uh did you ask him about getting a PRE early? forget about the party.
    Yeah, He just laughed...
    Went to the Sprint store in Central NJ and was told they are not allowed to sell June 5th by order and Only the Flasgship stores will sell them on June 5th. Sucks. They wanted to but they were given orders after word leaked out of non flagships selling it on the night before and were specifivally ordered not to sell until 8m june 6th, Hoping that changes.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12