1.    #1  
    Hey guys! I'm really excited about the Palm Pre!

I currently own a Touch Pro on Sprint, and one huge drawback I have is that I can't be listening to YouTube videos while doing other things such as texting on my phone.

I was wondering if the Pre could have a YouTube 'card' with the audio running in the background while I do other stuff such as send emails or text messages. I know there is Pandora, but I was wondering about YouTube. Thanks guys!
    I think they said that Video pauses when in the backround (seen it on a video, but dont remember where) BTW, welcome to Precentral
  3.    #3  
    Thank you!

Um yes, I think I know what video you are talking about. Are you talking about the one where the guy was showing Sprint TV on the Pre? I'm pretty sure it was Sprint TV, not YouTube.
    i thought the web cards are supposed to stay live so you probably could
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    nm Im wrong.
    Last edited by Mikest; 05/22/2009 at 01:26 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by gab6565 View Post
    Thank you!

Um yes, I think I know what video you are talking about. Are you talking about the one where the guy was showing Sprint TV on the Pre? I'm pretty sure it was Sprint TV, not YouTube.
    I have seen video pause using Fandango to stream the trailers and the built in movie player.

So, Youtube will probably pause too.
    By early next year you should be able to play YouTube in the browser in addition to its app. For now i suspect it would pause. I'm not sure how Flash in the browser would work.

This post is speculative, but I'm trying to clarify since the above seemed to imply YouTube was in the browser which we know is not yet the case.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rhewitt View Post
    This post is speculative, but I'm trying to clarify since the above seemed to imply YouTube was in the browser which we know is not yet the case.
    my mistake. I got ahead of myself on the flash front.