Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    Ok so I got a few minutes with the Pre.
    Amazing! First let me say I didn't get to play with the entire OS, it was locked at the set up screen.

Feel:
    The riverstone metaphor is under rated. This thing feels GREAT. SOLID but kind of organic, its kind of hard to explain but it feels GREAT

The pictures of the screen blending to the device it very true. You don't tell the difference when touching the screen or the phone!

The slider. Very simple the best slider I have ever felt. When open its like a expensive knife when the handle is balanced with the blade, or maybe its just because it rest in my palm well.

The keyboard. It won't be a problem for me. I'm used to the Treo755 KB, its better in the centro kb and IMO better then the Treo Pro KB; maybe because the keys are harder.

OS: I didn't get far with that at all. But everything seemed responsive, but I wouldn't say fast. iphone speed at least.
    The phone app seemed to take a second to load but all good still.

Also I just wanted to say the OS as a whole looks amazing. It just feels fresh and new and I promise a lot of people will be impressed with just the call screen alone. The speakerphone and earpiece are very very clear. Much better then my diamond or any treo in the past.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Doc31; 05/21/2009 at 07:39 PM.
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
    Lucky bastid!!!! :P

/edit: Man, I can't get enough of the first shot, the phone in your hands. It really looks so perfectly sized.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    thanks for the review Doc.
  4. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Doc, I think you posted in the wrong place.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...view-here.html
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    Doc, I think you posted in the wrong place.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...view-here.html
    video too huh
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
    Wow, u luck dog
    Doc 2 questions:

1) Now that u have held the pre, are the withdrawl symptoms as bad as the waiting was?

2) How does the speaker sound? Is it loud?
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc31 View Post
    video too huh
    If there's no live broadcast, it didn't happen!

Thanks for the review!
    If you ever get to see one again, check to see if it can record videos! There have been rumors that it may support video recording.
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Grrrr.. you lucky guy you...
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by preman2be913 View Post
    Doc 2 questions:

1) Now that u have held the pre, are the withdrawl symptoms as bad as the waiting was?

1. Yes, worse.
    2. I didn't turn it up very much but it was very clear. ( i was in my car with the window down and radio on)
    My Themes - Prethemer
    Quote Originally Posted by preman2be913 View Post
    Doc 2 questions:

I also would like to know the loudness of the speaker if possible please. Preferably, in comparison to the Iphone and the Touch Diamond (I had the HTC Fuze, aka the touch pro), which I both found to not be loud at all.
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebelatheart View Post
    I also would like to know the loudness of the speaker if possible please. Preferably, in comparison to the Iphone and the Touch Diamond (I had the HTC Fuze, aka the touch pro), which I both found to not be loud at all.
    Can't say how loud its gets but I heard it fine over background noise and it was better then the diamond to me
    My Themes - Prethemer
    Congrats on getting one!
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

Sprint customer since 2001
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    quick question, in the video it seems like your applying a good amount of pressure on the screen, hows the sensitivity factor? iPhone like or do you have to apply pressure?
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EeZeEpEe View Post
    Congrats on getting one!
    LOL I wish just a few minutes then it was taken away.....

@dcoaster I'll try to find out about the video thing tomorrow.
    My Themes - Prethemer
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc31 View Post
    Can't say how loud its gets but I heard it fine over background noise and it was better then the diamond to me
    When you put in the email address does it have to be your main email address or do you need to put a google address?
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EeZeEpEe View Post
    Congrats on getting one!
    Two things.. first I think it was better I was trying to looking throught my cell screen to get the video and
    2nd it was pretty good but since I'm used to touch a WM phone the added pressure was a habits. Also I think i did that because the entire surface is pretty hard so I couldn't feel a difference between the body and the screen
    My Themes - Prethemer
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xrayman34 View Post
    When you put in the email address does it have to be your main email address or do you need to put a google address?
    I think but can't confirm whenever the phone is reset you need to enter the password you used to set up the device similar to the G1.
    So whatever email you entered to to begin w/ any email should be fine but i'll double check tomorrow
    My Themes - Prethemer
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast