Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc31 View Post
    pretty sure it was just the background effect... think of the dailer screen when you use dailbyphoto.... it was already set up and in use. I believe the email and password is required after a reset.
    you should have stepped on the gas and bolted with the PRE. is your buddy an advocate?
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Based on the video and photos, it looks like the entire set up process is blue. The call made was from the initial sign in screen to Sprint.

I bet the green is there when you get into the phone itself (i.e., past the initial set up). It would be could if you could customize the dialer color. I second the twitter question request. ;]
    Yeah someone twitter palm....I mean it's a minor detail, I am sure they will tell us that!
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    it looks more to me like the dialer uses alpha transparency. take a look, the background is blue on that video. it shows a *little* in this screenshot: http://phonereport.info/wp-content/u...ifications.jpg
    http://phwelo.mobi
    for any questions or to send a donation: phwelo@gmail.com
    it's a configurable theme.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    it's a configurable theme.
    A guess? Or did you read that somewhere?
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    A guess? Or did you read that somewhere?
    skillman details video.
    skillman details video.
    Got a link?
    Nice. How's the screen in bright sunlight?
    "The speakerphone and earpiece are very very clear. Much better then my diamond or any treo in the past."

Great news, IMHO (cuz I still need a good phone, not just a mini-computer).
    I am so in love with the way the Pre looks in these shots. The screen and device blend together so well, it's so cool how the top and bottom of the screen are black, it's so shiny and awesome looking.

::i need it!::
    The email and password is probably your Sprint email and password. Every customer has one (you use it for your data connection). I dont have anything to back that up, but it makes the most sense to me. Then you can enter in all of your individual accounts once it has setup.

Man, thanks Doc for this preview! I will be waiting with highest anticipation for part 2 tomorrow!
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    The email and password is probably your Sprint email and password. Every customer has one (you use it for your data connection). I dont have anything to back that up, but it makes the most sense to me. Then you can enter in all of your individual accounts once it has setup.

Man, thanks Doc for this preview! I will be waiting with highest anticipation for part 2 tomorrow!
    If whatever email and password you choose. Its to create your profile on palm's severs. Just like when you reg for any website.
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post

Did they/aren't they closing that down?

Either way I would say it's any email you want to use for your Palm Pre profile.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    That account is not a Palm email account, and using Gmail for it won't give you any extra features whatsoever. I've said this before on another thread, but it's clearly to create an account with Palm, for the App Catalog, OTA updates, their backup / recovery setup (for anything not already stored on the cloud), and remote wipe. That has nothing to do with the features that you'd use on an everyday basis, and I'd say with 99% certainty that you can change the email as well, just as you can for every other account on every other website ever.

This information is based on what's posted at InsideSprintNow, so I haven't used it, and I could be wrong, but I doubt it.
    There is a "remote wipe" feature??? That is FANTASTIC for situations where you have a lost phone with sensitive data!!!

Hmmm...I can also see someone hacking into people's accounts and remote wiping their phones!!! *devilish grin*
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL
    During initial setup, the webOS platform creates a Palm profile. This profile gives customers access to critical Palm services to:

* Update device software.
    * Download new applications from the App Catalog.
    * Restore calendar and contacts data and applications downloaded from the App Catalog.
    * Erase calendars, contacts, and other data through a remote wipe.
    Some Palm Pre Questions Inside Sprint Now
    my point was maybe Google and Palm cut a deal with each other (like Apple with the iphone and Yahoo) ex. - providing "PUSH" email for Pre users? ie announcement by Ruby "And we are pleased to announce that Google will offer FREE PUSH GMAIL for all Pre Owners!" hence, i will switch to Gmail as my primary email and don't want my old comcast email tied to my Palm Pre Profile with no way to change it.

comprende?
    Google provides IMAP Idle for all users, and Palm specifically bought Chatter to understand and implement IMAP Idle. IMAP Idle provides instant notification to the device when a new email is received, the device downloads the message and then notifies the user. The end user experience is identical to push (although technically different in the implementation). I will be a bit surprised if Palm does not implement IMAP Idle after bringing IMAP Idle in house for their old OS.

What's amusing (actually frustrating now that I have an 800 instead of Chatter) to me is that Exchange supports IMAP including IMAP Idle in addition to ActiveSynch, but WinMo does not support IMAP Idle. I lost my "push" GMail when I "upgraded" to WinMo.
    i guess we won't find out about how battery life is until tomorrow!

Thanks for your posts! Gives us all hope for a Pre in our own hands!
    Quote Originally Posted by MusicManJ5 View Post
    i guess we won't find out about how battery life is until tomorrow!

Thanks for your posts! Gives us all hope for a Pre in our own hands!
    Why...what's tomorrow?
    Doc's review is in stark contrast to the guy who owns the iphone. Hmmmmm???? I've even noticed that local iphone owners try to find something wrong with the Pre. Lol. The Pre is gon' be the new bully on the block for awhile. Can't wait to cop mine on the 5th. Thank Doc!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast