Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 81
  1. #21  
    nice job Doc! thanks!

    now this has me thinking - i wonder which email i should use to set up my profile? i wonder if we can change it later? i use comcast.net email now as primary but may switch to Gmail IF Palm provides extra services and tie in (push etc). i dont want my profile married to comcast IF i eventually change to Gmail. gotta be a way to change it later, no? you'd think so but you never know. thoughts?
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    nice job Doc! thanks!

    now this has me thinking - i wonder which email i should use to set up my profile? i wonder if we can change it later? i use comcast.net email now as primary but may switch to Gmail IF Palm provides extra services and tie in (push etc). i dont want my profile married to comcast IF i eventually change to Gmail. gotta be a way to change it later, no? you'd think so but you never know. thoughts?
    I am kind of wondering the same thing, I change my main email every so often so if I am stuck with just one I do not think I would be willing to set one.
  3. #23  
    you're lucky the cops weren't watching. i would think if they saw a suspicious nervous handoff to a guy in car and back again in a sprint parking lot they might think something shady was going on.
  4. #24  
    Wow so nice! Thanks!!!
  5. #25  
    Not sure why noone else noticed anything...but...the dialer is blue...not green like in all the demos and the pics on Palm and Sprints website! Maybe that's just because the phone didn't go through all of setup yet?

    How'd you get your hands on that Pre, do you have a buddy that's an advocate?

    Great job man! Thanks!
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    nice job Doc! thanks!

    now this has me thinking - i wonder which email i should use to set up my profile? i wonder if we can change it later? i use comcast.net email now as primary but may switch to Gmail IF Palm provides extra services and tie in (push etc). i dont want my profile married to comcast IF i eventually change to Gmail. gotta be a way to change it later, no? you'd think so but you never know. thoughts?
    Maybe it's a Palm email account. If you read the fine print on Sprint's Pre page it says
    Palm Pre: use of this device also requires requires Palm account, activation and acceptance of Palm terms.
    Yes, it says "requires" twice.

    Just had another thought. Similar to iPhones App store, maybe it's the email account the user plans to use to access the Pre App store.
    Last edited by NachoB; 05/21/2009 at 08:37 PM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

    HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  7. #27  
    So how is the web browser? Is it really as fast as some people say? Or Is it kind of slow like Blazer on the Treos?
  8. prefab's Avatar
    Posts
    18 Posts
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    #28  
    Thanks Doc!!! Hope all of us get to hold one soon! June 6 can't get here fast enough.
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Not sure why noone else noticed anything... but... the dialer is blue... not green like in all the demos and the pics on Palm and Sprints website! Maybe that's just because the phone didn't go through all of setup yet?

    How'd you get your hands on that Pre, do you have a buddy that's an advocate?

    Great job man! Thanks!
    I was thinking the same thing. It's probably Sprint "customization". They do the same thing with WinMo phones like the Diamond and Touch Pro. Hopefully there is some way to flash(?) (not sure if that's the right term to use for WebOS?) back to the manufacturer default. Better yet, an option in the phone settings...
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc31 View Post
    LOL I wish just a few minutes then it was taken away.....


    @dcoaster I'll try to find out about the video thing tomorrow.
    Woops. Didn't realize it was only a few minutes. I was excited and skipped down to your thoughts. lol.
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

    Sprint customer since 2001
  11. mrkalel's Avatar
    Posts
    739 Posts
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    #31  
    nice info Bro...
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
  12. #32  
    That account is not a Palm email account, and using Gmail for it won't give you any extra features whatsoever. I've said this before on another thread, but it's clearly to create an account with Palm, for the App Catalog, OTA updates, their backup / recovery setup (for anything not already stored on the cloud), and remote wipe. That has nothing to do with the features that you'd use on an everyday basis, and I'd say with 99% certainty that you can change the email as well, just as you can for every other account on every other website ever.

    This information is based on what's posted at InsideSprintNow, so I haven't used it, and I could be wrong, but I doubt it.
  13. TomD's Avatar
    Posts
    908 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    nice job Doc! thanks!

    now this has me thinking - i wonder which email i should use to set up my profile? i wonder if we can change it later? i use comcast.net email now as primary but may switch to Gmail IF Palm provides extra services and tie in (push etc). i dont want my profile married to comcast IF i eventually change to Gmail. gotta be a way to change it later, no? you'd think so but you never know. thoughts?
    I recommend buying an email address (usually with a domain name). Then you can forward the new domain email wherever you roam.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
  14. #34  
    Is it wrong for one man to make another man tingle?
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

    "To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-


  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo View Post
    So how is the web browser? Is it really as fast as some people say? Or Is it kind of slow like Blazer on the Treos?
    The phone was still locked and therefore all he could do is go through the setup. So no way for him to check out the browser.

    He did mention this in his thoughts.

    As far as the different color for the dialer goes, can someone Twitter palm and ask if that is user defineable through a settings menu, or if the blue is just a Sprint customization as mentioned.
  16. #36  
    The blue def looks like sprint customization to me...just like TF3D on the diamond/pro
  17. doc31's Avatar
    Posts
    707 Posts
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
       #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Not sure why noone else noticed anything...but...the dialer is blue...not green like in all the demos and the pics on Palm and Sprints website! Maybe that's just because the phone didn't go through all of setup yet?

    How'd you get your hands on that Pre, do you have a buddy that's an advocate?

    Great job man! Thanks!
    The phone /dial screen is nearly transparent.. very nice and on that phone it was a very nice blue cloud wallpaper.
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
  18. Xyg
    Xyg is offline
    Xyg's Avatar
    Posts
    1,104 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    The phone was still locked and therefore all he could do is go through the setup. So no way for him to check out the browser.

    He did mention this in his thoughts.

    As far as the different color for the dialer goes, can someone Twitter palm and ask if that is user defineable through a settings menu, or if the blue is just a Sprint customization as mentioned.
    Maybe its a canary trap.
  19. doc31's Avatar
    Posts
    707 Posts
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
       #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    The phone was still locked and therefore all he could do is go through the setup. So no way for him to check out the browser.

    He did mention this in his thoughts.

    As far as the different color for the dialer goes, can someone Twitter palm and ask if that is user defineable through a settings menu, or if the blue is just a Sprint customization as mentioned.
    Quote Originally Posted by abarrera View Post
    The blue def looks like sprint customization to me...just like TF3D on the diamond/pro
    pretty sure it was just the background effect... think of the dailer screen when you use dailbyphoto.... it was already set up and in use. I believe the email and password is required after a reset.
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    That account is not a Palm email account, and using Gmail for it won't give you any extra features whatsoever. I've said this before on another thread, but it's clearly to create an account with Palm, for the App Catalog, OTA updates, their backup / recovery setup (for anything not already stored on the cloud), and remote wipe. That has nothing to do with the features that you'd use on an everyday basis, and I'd say with 99% certainty that you can change the email as well, just as you can for every other account on every other website ever.

    This information is based on what's posted at InsideSprintNow, so I haven't used it, and I could be wrong, but I doubt it.
    you misunderstand me, tonto.

    my point was maybe Google and Palm cut a deal with each other (like Apple with the iphone and Yahoo) ex. - providing "PUSH" email for Pre users? ie announcement by Ruby "And we are pleased to announce that Google will offer FREE PUSH GMAIL for all Pre Owners!" hence, i will switch to Gmail as my primary email and don't want my old comcast email tied to my Palm Pre Profile with no way to change it.

    comprende?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions