1. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    I expect hilarity to ensue.

GO!
    Huh? Isn't that like talking about the date you never went on? Or the business school you never went to? Or the Porsche you never got yet?
    Pre is OK, iPhone still years ahead 05/21/2009
    By Lindz80 from Boston, MA Read all my reviews Read all my reviews

What's great about it: Size, Software Integration, Sprint Network
    What's not so great: Freezes Randomly, Battery Life, Speakers Quiet, Web it VERY jumpy,

"I've been reviewing the Palm Pre now for 2 weeks. It has it's great traits but, I have been an iPhone owner for almost 2 years now and I WILL NOT make the switch. Apple's iPhone dominates in battery life while use similar features (web, calls, and e-mail.) Palm's Pre does one thing really well - bring your personal and business life together as one. If that is all you need in a phone, then the Pre is for you. However, if you are looking to actually use it for power (any gaming, movie watching, prolonged music listening, or prolonged web use), this IS NOT the phone for you. I would recommend this phone to people that need it mainly as a phone but want occasional email and web access. The keyboard is nice but, I've gotten so much faster on the iPhone's keyboard that now I type twice as fast on the iPhone! Other than those tidbits, everything seemed to be OK. Like I said, web was jumpy at times, random crashes are definitely frustrating but...hopefully Palm will come through with an update that fixes these items. Sprint service was excellent!"
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    I was going to get a Palm Pre... but Mr. Jobs told me I didn't need multitasking.... or cut-and-paste, or streaming video.... so I kneeled before the almighty Apple and asked for forgiveness.

Steve Gods ....errr... Jobs told me to say twenty Our Fathers and twenty Hail iPhones and I would be forgiven.
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
    too much effort required to do this. poor ROI.
    For sale: iPhone charger, never used.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  7. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    Nonsense. It'll be therapeutic. I promise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    Just cut/paste or link to the BS published elsewhere like Banger did.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Just cut/paste
    I just tried that. My iPhone wouldn't allow it.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    I am reporter and I have hot news... I just spotted a Pre in the wild... and Steve Jobs was using it. Steve told me he's going to sell as his Apple stock on Monday because the Pre's going to do in Apple. That's a review from the leading tech guru of our time.
  11. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Reminiz View Post
    I just tried that. My iPhone wouldn't allow it.
    el oh el
    Quote Originally Posted by akula34 View Post
    I was going to get a Palm Pre... but Mr. Jobs told me I didn't need multitasking.... or cut-and-paste, or streaming video.... so I kneeled before the almighty Apple and asked for forgiveness.

Steve Gods ....errr... Jobs told me to say twenty Our Fathers and twenty Hail iPhones and I would be forgiven.
    That was funny as hell.... lol, lol.....
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Banger View Post
    Pre is OK, iPhone still years ahead 05/21/2009
    By Lindz80 from Boston, MA Read all my reviews Read all my reviews

What's great about it: Size, Software Integration, Sprint Network
    What's not so great: Freezes Randomly, Battery Life, Speakers Quiet, Web it VERY jumpy,
    Wow, didn't even mention the ability to multitask...maybe she didn't try it because she is so used to not doing it.

Cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    For sale: iPhone charger, never used.
    Nice job Hemingway!
    Quote Originally Posted by akula34 View Post

Thank you Sir! So very true.

Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    The Pre sucks because it doesn't synch with iTunes. Why don't I have an app for everything. Isn't the Palm Pre suppose to be Sprint's solution of not having a iPhone? If they want to improve this phone, remove the multi-tasking, copy/paste and add iTunes and maybe it can compete against the Jesus phone.

Basically because it isn't the iPhone, it isn't worth thinking about. *tries to call the media from iPhone but the calls keep dropping* It doesn't matter, I can use wifi to find out where the nearest pay-phone is. As long as I have an iPhone, who needs great cell service.
    Last edited by laravia18; 05/22/2009 at 01:30 AM.
    From BB.com:

What's great about it: It looks Kinda shiney
    What's not so great: Bad Call Quality, Extremely Slow, Horrilbe Data Speeds

"I haven't even had the Phone a day. Its constantly freezing on me. Its drops my calls often. Palm Still has a ton of glitches to work out! Its email features are very frustrating to say the least. BUYER BEWARE!!!!!!!
    Palm Has some serious issue's with this phone"

LMAO
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    After chatting with the guy at a local kiosk for a few minutes, I asked him if he'd received his Pre trainer. At first, he denied it, but then he said "yes" and pulled it out from under the counter.

The thing was beautiful and he let me hold it. The slider was smooth, the screen clear, and it picked up my gestures so naturally that I didn't need any practice to get it to work.

But, then, oops, I dropped it. On the hard ground. I picked it up and it was pretty cracked. In trying to hand it back to the guy, apologizing like crazy, I notice something weird. Popping open the cracked case, there was another screen inside.

Before I could give it back to him, I'd popped it open fully and noticed that, inside, was a whole other device. Apparently, the Pre is just a shell to another device. Specifically, after a look at the marking on the inside device, it was an iPhone. In fact, if looked like it might be the legendary iPhone Nano. Smaller than the Pre, of course, but in was definitely an Apple device.