Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by azkevman View Post
    Actually, on day one (6/6) they will only have 1/3 of the device available for each person. This will be the box. Once you get the empty box, you will be entitled to get on the waiting list for the battery which will be available two weeks later. Finally in an additional 2 more weeks the device itself will be available only to those who found a way to charge the battery they received with no power cord or device to charge it in.

I think you've mistaken phones. You must be referring to this phone. FLOW is like the Ikea bookshelf of Android phones
    Quote Originally Posted by Reminiz View Post
    I think you've mistaken phones. You must be referring to this phone. FLOW is like the Ikea bookshelf of Android phones
    Oh good call....my bad
    Well, it is certainly not going to be a lot at BB & Radio Shack: Retailers getting meager Pre stock, Radio Shack recommending Instinct S30 instead?
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    Folks there is only going to be 3 phones at launch. Bono is getting 1, that only leaves 2 for the rest of us.
    Quote Originally Posted by tarpon6 View Post
    Folks there is only going to be 3 phones at launch. Bono is getting 1, that only leaves 2 for the rest of us.
    You forgot Angelina Jolie, leaving us with one...
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    If they severely limit the Pre supply when the new iPhone 3 comes out a month later it will kill the sales for the pre as most people who wanted one & couldnt get one will seriosuly think about a new iPhone. The specs are insane. Dont think apple has not planned to deal with the Pre, in fact they leaked new iphone specs the same tuesday the Pre was officially announced.

Force
    Last edited by Forcelite; 05/21/2009 at 10:36 PM.
    This shortage is not on purpose. This is not a purposeful strategy. No company would choke supply to only 30,000 units on their launch willingly. This is a supply issue likely related to part shortages, limited funds by Palm to pay off part manufacturers or large quantities of units failing the QC process. Palm can't afford to play games right now and certainly isn't doing so on purpose.
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    I believe that there will be enough phones to go around. I don't expect to see lines around the block at a Sprint store in NYC. It won't be like the iPhone lines last summer.
    Current Phone(s): HTC Inspire "4G" & Pre 2
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    I want the pre but the new iPhone seems to have everything, & in its 3rd generation.
    * 32GB and 16GB storage (up from the current 16GB and 8GB models)
    * $199 and $299 price points to be maintained
    * 3.2-megapixel camera (up from the current 2-megapixel camera)
    * Video-recording and editing capabilities
    * Ability to send a picture & video via MMS
    * Discontinuation of the metal band surrounding the edge of the device
    * OLED screen
    * 1.5 times the battery life of the current models
    * Double the RAM and processing power
    * Built-in FM transmitter
    * Apple logo on back will glow
    * Rubber-tread backing
    * Sleeker design
    * Built-in compass
    * The camera, GPS, compass and Google map combined will identify photo and inform about photo locations
    * Turn-by-turn directions

Next iPhone to launch July 17 with OLED display and glowing Apple logo?
    Quote Originally Posted by Forcelite View Post
    I want the pre but the new iPhone seems to have everything, & in its 3rd generation.
    * OLED screen
    * Rubber-tread backing
    * Sleeker design
    * Built-in compass
    * The camera, GPS, compass and Google map combined will identify photo and inform about photo locations

Yep, it has everything except Sprint or Verizon. ATT's network stinks, IMHO.
    I'm not sure they are going to get a OLED screen but if they do it is a big boost for them.

Biggest issue is the internal storage of the Pre. Palm is foolish only releasing with 8gb. It should be enough for me regardless but no reason for them to have done that when memory is dirt cheap.
    What the Wii created was a huge word-of-mouth campaign that Sprint/Palm can also capitalize without much advertising. I remember when I got the Wii, the wait was unbelievable and prices were double/triple the sale price. A few friends played with it and were hooked, so they all bought one or two for themselves and friends. They didn't even seen much ads nor had any interest in games or Nintendo. Not to say this would work in every situation and having to wait weeks to get one might actually do more harm than good in this competitive market.
    Kyocera 6035 -> Kyocera 7135 -> Palm Treo 600 -> Palm Treo 650 -> Palm Treo 700p -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Treo 800w -> Palm Centro ->Palm Pre!
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex View Post
    Yep, it has everything except Sprint or Verizon. ATT's network stinks, IMHO.
    Seconded.

Also, keyboard please. Multitasking as well. Streamline the OS, too.

You can view a website horizontally or vertically, you can type a website address horizontally or vertically but if I click the bar to type an address and turn the iPhone it won't re orientate itself? Uh...why?
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathan likes the pre View Post
    Seconded.

Also, keyboard please. Multitasking as well. Streamline the OS, too.

You can view a website horizontally or vertically, you can type a website address horizontally or vertically but if I click the bar to type an address and turn the iPhone it won't re orientate itself? Uh...why?
    Well you won't be typing comfortably on the Pre in landscape so...
    Quote Originally Posted by Forcelite View Post
    * OLED screen
    * Rubber-tread backing
    * Sleeker design
    * Built-in compass

Yeah but it's made by Apple. No thanks.

You'll be able to get nearly everything in that list combined with a Tegra processor when the Zune phone comes out later this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    I heard 300 for release. or was it 30?
    It was actually 3 for release
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamMcNeeley View Post
    You forgot Angelina Jolie, leaving us with one...
    And the guy at Best Buy Mobile said he's holding that one for me...
    Why would Sprint stores be opening early if they were going to run out of supply by 9:15am? Makes no sense to me if they are serious about a shortage.

If they are not bluffing, then they are idiots and Palm / Sprint are going to have egg on there faces. Three weeks remain until "mid-year", so push release to the 30th if you seriously are going to run out almost instantly.
    Patrick Horne
  19. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nojok3 View Post
    It was actually 3 for release
    Or was it only 3 stores were going to get an original shipment of 3000?
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    I heard it was only 3 too and that we'll all have to share them like a time share. We'll only get a few minutes each year to use the phone, but we get unlimited calling to the other 2 phones!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast