Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Lisa Brewster of the San Diego PreDevCamp is handling some negotiations with Palm and things seem to be going well, I suggest anyone on twitter to start following her to get updated and stay updated on this debacle.

Lisa Brewster (Adora) on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    Lisa Brewster of the San Diego PreDevCamp is handling some negotiations with Palm and things seem to be going well, I suggest anyone on twitter to start following her to get updated and stay updated on this debacle.

Lisa Brewster (Adora) on Twitter

Am I the only one who just doesn't want anything to do with Twitter? Aren't twitter's 15 minutes up yet?

Yes, I know..."YOU KIDS GET OFF MY LAWN!"

BTW, thanks for the info.
    IIIx -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Launch day Pre
    Oh goodie, my old Treocentral login works here, too.

While I disagree with whurley and Giovanni's decision to air their grievances with Palm before preDevCamp, I understand their position and respect their reasons for doing so. Perhaps they've put the fear of God in Palm, but ever since last night the company has been very receptive to the needs of the community. Yes, preDevCamp was designed to not need their help to pull off, but information like release and SDK availability are still really helpful when trying to pin down a date. I'm not quite sure what else was even expected of Palm.

I’ve talked to the VP of Developer Marketing myself, and she was certainly not short-sighted, condescending or dismissive of the preDevCamp community as Giovanni claimed. I do think the whole Palm community management team is stressed and overworked, plus their jobs are made almost impossible due to a PRPRPR $team$ $with$ $Apple$-$like$ $expectations$ $of$ $secrecy$.

Palm’s got a world-changing device on their hands, and ensuring nothing about the launch gets leaked is critical to their success. They’re dying to engage with the community, they’re just not quite ready to go full force yet.

Edit: Oh, and in case nobody else has mentioned this yet, the title for this thread is inaccurate. Palm never said "we don't support preDevCamp." They were presented with an ultimatum that they decided not to respond to.
    Last edited by Adora; 05/22/2009 at 03:18 PM.
  5.    #65  
    Thanks for clearing up things, so it looks like there is hope that they'll come around and work together after all
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nlowhor View Post
    Great news. Now hopefully everyone will stop with the rants and overreactions and move forward with developing great apps.
    We spent a lot of time talking to all involved and so it kept us from chiming in with a full editorial on the front page. Jason's done a great job connecting with lots of people on all sides and, well, we're happy to see everything appears back on track.

http://www.precentral.net/rocky-road...keeps-trucking
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234