1.    #1  
    I wrote a really long post and realized I could basically shorten my question to this: will buying retail actually be $549 or does a retailer buyer still get mail in rebate and/or instant savings?
    You wont get a mail in rebate. Thats only for full price upgrades or new lines of service. Essentially you pay 549.99 X 1.state sales tax = roughly $600
  3.    #3  
    Ok, thanks, that's what I expected.

And then with the touchstone it's closer to 700.

You gotta do what you gotta do!
    it might end up being cheaper in the long run to open a new line of service to be honest. After your rebates process you could do what they call a flip flop and flip the service from the new line to the old phone and the service on the old phone to the pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamMcNeeley View Post
    it might end up being cheaper in the long run to open a new line of service to be honest. After your rebates process you could do what they call a flip flop and flip the service from the new line to the old phone and the service on the old phone to the pre.
    Yes, but, what does one do with the old line, then, in terms of service? Or, I should ask: what's the minimum service one can put on a line and still be within the contract terms?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    700 bucks for a phone that will only be used for 1.5 years?!
    Gitouttahere.
  7.    #7  
    Who knows how long I'll use it.

Also, I'd rather let my upgrade add up to the 2 year point instead of renewing now at the 1 year point.

Scenario 1: Buy Pre now, next year I'm out of contract and can get a BIG discount on a phone or walk away from Sprint.

Scenario 2: Buy with contract upgrade in July, I may end up being caught in the Pre shortage, only saving a couple hundred bucks, committed to Sprint for 3 more years.

It's not that big of a deal when I factor everything in.
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Yes, but, what does one do with the old line, then, in terms of service? Or, I should ask: what's the minimum service one can put on a line and still be within the contract terms?
    You can keep your old line in contract with the sprint basic plan which is 200 anytime minutes with unlimited nights and weekends starting at 9. For 29.99 a month. You can use this provided your current phone doesnt require a data plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamMcNeeley View Post
    You can keep your old line in contract with the sprint basic plan which is 200 anytime minutes with unlimited nights and weekends starting at 9. For 29.99 a month. You can use this provided your current phone doesnt require a data plan.
    Thanks for the info. Of course, that's wouldn't make much sense, because $30/month I'd pretty quickly eat into whatever savings I'd get that way.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Im in this same situation, my contract doesnt end till next april. I have a $75 credit and a $50 credit that I can apply to the upgrade price, but that would still be in the $400 range. I would much rather pay the full price and finish my contarct next year, leaving me open to purchase the pre 2 whenever it comes out. Im still trying to decide though.