Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. rex
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Just saw this from slick deals. went to the site and it seems to work.

PALM PRE PREORDER only $99 AR! - SlickDeals.net Forums

Rex.
    Quote Originally Posted by rex View Post
    Just saw this from slick deals. went to the site and it seems to work.

PALM PRE PREORDER only $99 AR! - SlickDeals.net Forums

Rex.
    Smells fishy - doesn't look like a real Sprint store. This means you could be waiting months for the third party guys to get inventory.
  3. rex
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    it is a sprint store. just that it is a remax business partner ship deal. notice that u also get a 18% off on your bill.
    Rex.
    Can it still be trusted? How are they getting it for cheap? The thing that surprises me is how many thumbs ups and how many pages the slick deals thread has. So it looks like people are biting....
    I was reading here somewhere that RX should not be trusted (correct me if I am wrong) I would stick to the "real deal" ie Sprint or BB/WM/RadioShack
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    When I click on the link in the SlickDeals page. FireFox gives me this:

Redirect Loop

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

This reminds me of the old eBay deals where someone was selling heavily discounted devices with new contracts. Smartphones went from free to $50 instead of hundreds if you signed new contracts. No idea how they did it unless someone got bulk deals and made profit selling contracts. I know a few people who got them that way but I wouldn't trust them to have a Pre available at launch.
    New customers pays $99.00 if your upgrading is $299.99 then the $100.00 mail in rebate...
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    I did a WHOIS search on the "sprintshops.com" domain. It listed the registrant as "Strategic Telecom Solutions" via GoDaddy.com. There is no contact information listed anywhere except a name. Sounds very fishy to me.

As a comparison, when you do a "WHOIS" on Sprint.com, it gives you the registrant information as follow:

============================
    Domain Administrator
    Sprint Communications Company L.P.
    6130 Sprint Parkway MAILSTOP: KSOPHJ0114 - 1A412
    Overland Park KS 66251-3380
    US
    domain_management@sprint.com +1.8665052385 Fax: +1.8773880408
    ============================

I've emailed Sprint to see if this site is legit or not. At the meanwhile, my 2 cents is to avoid it.

UPDATE:
    Just got off the phone with Sprint, they said it is not a Sprint website nor Sprint Business partner. They are investigating it now.
    Last edited by aaronchow; 05/21/2009 at 04:19 PM.
    if it sounds too good to be true...
    Quote Originally Posted by rex View Post
    it is a sprint store. just that it is a remax business partner ship deal. notice that u also get a 18% off on your bill.
    Rex.
    It is a Sprint affiliate which sells for business customers.

They are illegitimately posting employee discounts though open back doors in their own website.

In other words they are having you claim to Sprint to be a remax employee to get this discount
    when you go into the site and try to select a plan, you are required to have at least 2 lines... not for me
    it could be a sprint authorized reseller, that is how a lot of people get cheap phones they activate them and then swap the ESNs after 30 days
    Quote Originally Posted by tman9476 View Post
    when you go into the site and try to select a plan, you are required to have at least 2 lines... not for me
    you didn't go down far enough, that is for family plans.

I ordered.
    If these actually work, it might be a great deal.

A lot of people are saying that the website has some clauses which say that it's merely a waiting list and such, that you don't actually complete the transaction until they're in stock.
    they can sell them for so cheap cuz they get a couple of hundred bucks for ever new contract costumer
    correct-- they make $$ via commission (new accounts)
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    So what are the chances Sprint is going to catch on and shut them down, and then shift everyone they signed up onto normal plans?
    what do you mean "normal" plans?

that site is 100% legi...and they are doing nothing wrong.

Basically, they are giving you an incentive to sign through them.

They make $$ on their sign up commission and you get a good deal on a Pre. --everybody wins
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    They are using corporate discounts to reduce your plan rate... Aren't those rates only available to members of those companies?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast