Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    the first link @ slickdeals is now password protected, meaning you must be a Remax employee.

second link in the slickdeals thread still works, albeit no 18% (or whatever it was) discount
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    When I click on the link in the SlickDeals page. FireFox gives me this:

Redirect Loop

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.
    are you forcing SSL connections? try deleting your cookies, that should def work.
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    what do you mean "normal" plans?

that site is 100% legi...and they are doing nothing wrong.

Basically, they are giving you an incentive to sign through them.

They make $$ on their sign up commission and you get a good deal on a Pre. --everybody wins
    Doing nothing wrong? It is clear they are having customers unsuspectingly claim to be ReMax employees when they are not.

They are also clearly shilling forums. Have you looked at the fatwalletr forums and slickdeals? Look at all the people who join only to participate in those threads. you have employees of the company posing as customers saying things like : "it worked for me , great company", when they are employees. That is shilling and unethical.

You should also be aware that several policies and consumer protects are absent or less in the type of agreement you sre signing vs a sprint consumer agreement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Galtish View Post
    They are using corporate discounts to reduce your plan rate... Aren't those rates only available to members of those companies?
    i'm not sure about the rate plans they are giving out but they can sale the phones at a discount price with out doing any special rates on your monthly service plan
    I got one of those deals. The way it works is you have to have really good credit and be a new customer. I had neither, but my wife had both. We were both out of contract so we signed up for it under her name and got Two Treo 700p for free with our new contract. They were going for $299 with a two-year contract at the time. The only real bad thing is that I had to change my # because I was already with Sprint. My wife # got moved over.

The only thing that will be a problem seems to be getting the phone in stock. There were tons of 700p when I got my deal, but not so for the Pre.

Jacob

Quote Originally Posted by neodorian View Post
    This reminds me of the old eBay deals where someone was selling heavily discounted devices with new contracts. Smartphones went from free to $50 instead of hundreds if you signed new contracts. No idea how they did it unless someone got bulk deals and made profit selling contracts. I know a few people who got them that way but I wouldn't trust them to have a Pre available at launch.
    I just checked that website. There are no more monthly discounts. And the PRE is selling for the same $199. However, STS (the company selling you the PRE) is offering a $20 rebate. Not any more, a big deal. For $20 I rather buy it and have it on hand on Sat June 6th at any of the available stores.
    Quote Originally Posted by calesuar1 View Post
    I just checked that website. There are no more monthly discounts. And the PRE is selling for the same $199. However, STS (the company selling you the PRE) is offering a $20 rebate. Not any more, a big deal. For $20 I rather buy it and have it on hand on Sat June 6th at any of the available stores.
    No kidding. Sprint is proably auditing every sale they made with a employee discount since they cleary had no control and almost all are probably customers who are in fact ineligible. facilitating people endrunning anti fraud controls is not smart -- even worse when the customer doesn't know they are endrunning.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12