1.    #1  
    Has anyone considered attempting to buy at 12AM on June 6th? Typically if there is a hot release for a video game I go at midnight on the day of the release and can get it. I wonder if this would be the same for the Pre?
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GoD_trentonj View Post
    Has anyone considered attempting to buy at 12AM on June 6th? Typically if there is a hot release for a video game I go at midnight on the day of the release and can get it. I wonder if this would be the same for the Pre?
    If the report of BB only getting 4 in, I can't see Wal-mart getting any in on initial release.

Best Buy stores only getting 4 Palm Pres for launch day? : Boy Genius Report
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    I said it in another thread, going to a Wally-World to pick up the bleeding-edge new hotness is going to ruin the moment for me. But in the same vein as the old saying "I'm a *****, but I'm not a prostitute.", I'll do it if I have to!

There's something to be said for the intangible effect of going into a nice shiny Sprint store, all decked out for a celebration, and have some annoying uber-geeks (words borrowed from another thread) who cannot help themsevles but gush about how cool the latest new gadget is. It's all part of the experience for me.

Now that I think about it, my plan for the first few days is I'll go into some Sprint stores and a BB store, and ask the advocates for a demo. There's nothing wrong with doing that a few times, ... in one day. Right?
    Checked our walmart today and they know nothing about the Pre. In fact they have not been selling Sprint phones at this store but are in the process of ripping up part of their area to add a Sprint section. They just today got in a couple Instincts, Rants and some others as well as the paperwork to sign up for Sprint. They said that adding the Sprint section was a surprise to them and happend "real sudden."

They then got on their computer to see if there was any mention of the Pre in the system at all, they showed me all the screens they went through and nothing was showing a Pre at all.