Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I think it's presumptuous to presume that visitors to this site are so preoccupied with the preliminary information about the Pre that they're prevented from recognizing that words that start with "pre" are puns. In fact, I think that preceding words with "pre-" is a pretentious prevarication, and that as a precaution against this site becoming so predictable, we should make every effort to preclude the practice.

It is precisely for this reason that I think we should prescribe the use of "pre-" in any and all postings. Preserving the prestige of this site, I think, is a good way to preempt the possibility of us falling prey to the iPhone press and its many fanatical followers. Please, let's all maintain our presence of mind when presenting our opinions and previewing the Pre. We should maintain the device as the premium smartphone in today's predatory market, and demonstrate how preposterous is the preconception that we're in any way preening preachers or some sort of prepackaged Palm pressure group.

The success of the Pre's premiere is predicated upon its prestige, and this forum is already pregnant with premature predictions. It would be preferable, I think, to maintain this site's status as preeminent, and thus to preempt attempts to create a predicament that we will all come to regret.

I should have prefaced this post with this: I don't mean to offend anyone who prefers to make such preliterate puns. The preponderance of the evidence, however, shows that we should be prepared to accept the results--which one doesn't have to be prescient or possess preternatural powers to predict. So far, I think, we've been pretty good about it, and so we should probably press on with our previous practices.

As an aside: some folks have used the Pre as a pretext for showing their preference for the prehistoric iPhone. That's their prerogative, but I look forward to the moment when the Pre is released. Then, we'll all say, "Presto! Here is the device that is predestined to assume the presidency, so to speak, of the smartphone market!"

With that, I'll step away from the precipice on which I find myself standing, for I have other pressing business to attend. My time is, of course, precious, which is just another reason why I can't wait for the Pre. Presumably, it will help me better manage it.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    I think it's presumptuous to presume ...
    You clearly have a lot of time on your hands.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    wynand that my friend was talent! LOL
    LMAO!
    Excellent!
    That was prediculous.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    That was prediculous.
    Ouch.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Ouch.
    I was only joking
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09

V For Vendetta much?
  10.    #10  
    I was only joking
    Oh sher!
    What comes after Pre? Aft? Oh, doesn't Palm have the Eos?
    The Pre is an unbelievable phone, the development of which was surely premeditated by the Palm Pre development team for quite some time. There ability to focus on precise details has every one of use preaching its forth coming.

However, the preamble of sorts put forth by my forum predecessor wynand32 was simply presumptuous; while I applaud his performance, the suggestion we remove Pre from the lexicon associate with PreCentral is wrong, maybe even predatory. It's a premeditated attack on everything we at PreCentral hold dear to us. This preconceived notion to set a precondition banning humor preludes of sarcasm from our posts should be ignored by all true pre lovers. His preaching is that of a devil undermining the loyal. His precedent is unsecured, rooted in not belief as opposed to true faith.

He claims “Pre's premiere is predicated upon its prestige, and this forum is already pregnant with premature predictions”. While all can agree the for the Pre’s to prevail against stiff competition, with prestige a key factor, to suggest Precentral is ready to burst with pregnant premature predictions. This is not even the pretties of thoughts. We, the Precentral Forum members are pregnant with the love of the pre, not prewashed thoughts and Prearranged predictions. We are following every move of the pretzel like release of the Pre, loving each and every prelude to that special pre-design detail being release.

In closing, there should be no precondition on the use of Pre at Precentral. While My associate has precociously made his case, the fact remains the use of pre as a pun for the Preaudience awaiting the June 6th release should remain.

Thank you.
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000 View Post
    What comes after Pre? Aft? Oh, doesn't Palm have the Eos?
    Hmmm, the Prophecy? After all, the Pre is the phone that seems to think ahead for you, isn't it?
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Oh sher!
    I presume you don't believe me?

15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by B-model View Post
    The Pre is an unbelievable phone, the development of which was surely premeditated by the Palm Pre development team for quite some time. There ability to focus on precise details has every one of use preaching its forth coming.

However, the preamble of sorts put forth by my forum predecessor wynand32 was simply presumptuous; while I applaud his performance, the suggestion we remove Pre from the lexicon associate with PreCentral is wrong, maybe even predatory. It's a premeditated attack on everything we at PreCentral hold dear to us. This preconceived notion to set a precondition banning humor preludes of sarcasm from our posts should be ignored by all true pre lovers. His preaching is that of a devil undermining the loyal. His precedent is unsecured, rooted in not belief as opposed to true faith.

He claims “Pre's premiere is predicated upon its prestige, and this forum is already pregnant with premature predictions”. While all can agree the for the Pre’s to prevail against stiff competition, with prestige a key factor, to suggest Precentral is ready to burst with pregnant premature predictions. This is not even the pretties of thoughts. We, the Precentral Forum members are pregnant with the love of the pre, not prewashed thoughts and Prearranged predictions. We are following every move of the pretzel like release of the Pre, loving each and every prelude to that special pre-design detail being release.

In closing, there should be no precondition on the use of Pre at Precentral. While My associate has precociously made his case, the fact remains the use of pre as a pun for the Preaudience awaiting the June 6th release should remain.

Thank you.
    You sound like such a Presbyterian!
  16.    #16  
    I presume you don't believe me?
    No, actually, you were quite prepossessing.
    Not having the pre is so depressing.

18.    #18  
    Not having the pre is so depressing.
    Oooh! Nice!
    Please make it stop. Please, prease, please make it stop!
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    I think it's presumptuous to presume that visitors to this site are so preoccupied with the preliminary information about the Pre that they're prevented from recognizing that words that start with "pre" are puns. In fact, I think that preceding words with "pre-" is a pretentious prevarication, and that as a precaution against this site becoming so predictable, we should make every effort to preclude the practice.

It is precisely for this reason that I think we should prescribe the use of "pre-" in any and all postings. Preserving the prestige of this site, I think, is a good way to preempt the possibility of us falling prey to the iPhone press and its many fanatical followers. Please, let's all maintain our presence of mind when presenting our opinions and previewing the Pre. We should maintain the device as the premium smartphone in today's predatory market, and demonstrate how preposterous is the preconception that we're in any way preening preachers or some sort of prepackaged Palm pressure group.

The success of the Pre's premiere is predicated upon its prestige, and this forum is already pregnant with premature predictions. It would be preferable, I think, to maintain this site's status as preeminent, and thus to preempt attempts to create a predicament that we will all come to regret.

I should have prefaced this post with this: I don't mean to offend anyone who prefers to make such preliterate puns. The preponderance of the evidence, however, shows that we should be prepared to accept the results--which one doesn't have to be prescient or possess preternatural powers to predict. So far, I think, we've been pretty good about it, and so we should probably press on with our previous practices.

As an aside: some folks have used the Pre as a pretext for showing their preference for the prehistoric iPhone. That's their prerogative, but I look forward to the moment when the Pre is released. Then, we'll all say, "Presto! Here is the device that is predestined to assume the presidency, so to speak, of the smartphone market!"

With that, I'll step away from the precipice on which I find myself standing, for I have other pressing business to attend. My time is, of course, precious, which is just another reason why I can't wait for the Pre. Presumably, it will help me better manage it.
    I'm not going to TEND that I understand your logic. This may be ACHING to the choir, but it would be SUMPTUOUS of me to VARICATE about a subject that I SUME you are an expert on. I wish there was some way to VENT any difficulty in acquring at least a LIMINARY level of knowledge of this topic, but I can confidently DICT that some DATORY members of this forum will use my ignorance as TEXT to insult me. Perhaps SIDENT Obama is PARING to come to my rescue! In the meantime, I can at least console myself by snacking on a bag of nice salty TZELS, like my TTY wife used to do when she was GNANT and had the munchies.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast