Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hopalee View Post
    OK, I thought I knew everything there was to know about the Pre, but what is the gesture area? I feel like a retard
    Find ANY video on the Pre and you will find out.
    gesture area is the bottom front of the phone which allows you to go back or forward a page, swipe up to open the launcher, hold up to bring up the four main buttons on your treo

Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lopezpm View Post
    Is that the $7 a month deal? Crap, I didn't know it was a plastic screen.
    Yeah, plastic. I have seen broken iPhone tumble safely and I've seen screens get cracked. But in all instances, even the cracked iPhone screen seems to work well so that would be my preference.

As for insurance. I had it on my PPC 6700 and they replaced it with an HTC Touch Pro for free under that $7/mo Sprint insurance plan. But a few weeks ago I got a pamphlet stating that its $50 deductible for most regular phones and $100 for smartphones. $168 (2yrs x $7) and $100 (deductible) doesn't really sound like "peace of mind".
    Just like my Instinct: in a protective sleeve and in my pocket.
    I like to burn my phones when I get them.
    I'm thinking an invisible shield and a dedicated pocket. I'll wait to read what you all think is the superior product and go with that.
    burn the phone ... now there is and idea
    My phones usually get a screen protector and then kept in my left pocket with nothing else. I always want to use the holsters and such but after a few days they are too annoying and I look like a corporate ****** It always ends up in the pocket.

Luckily this has worked well so far. Touch Pro looks like new still so I should be able to sell it for a decent amount when I get my Pre.

As far as plastic screens...A thin protective film may be annoying to buy but I prefer that to the heartbreak so many of my iPhone-bearing brethren have had to endure when they drop their devices and crack the screens.

This is also probably gonna be the first device I get insurance on. I never felt like paying another $170 over a contract but I also never bought a device the day it came out.
    Quote Originally Posted by neodorian View Post
    As far as plastic screens...A thin protective film may be annoying to buy but I prefer that to the heartbreak so many of my iPhone-bearing brethren have had to endure when they drop their devices and crack the screens.
    I am with you Neo... I try to use a case of some sort, but always end up using a dedicated pocket.

As a former iPhone user I can tell you that if there is enough force to crack a iPhone screen a flim protectant wont stop it from happening. At least in my observations.

I have kept my Curve totally naked in a dedicated pocket. After a few months the screen becomes "foggy".. this shows a plastic screens weakness. My glass iPhone never became foggy despite the countless times I pocketed it.

Because of the plastic screen I will put a film protectant on the Pre... wish I didnt have to... but unless I want a "foggy" screen, I feel I have no choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    Naked in a leather hip holster.

Pix or it didn't happen... I mean EWWWW.
    Quote Originally Posted by CJDynasty View Post
    Palm Pre Shield Protector Cases (Sprint)

This is definitely what I had in mine. Thanks Hopalee!
    i do not trust daydeal.com ive gone with them twice and their products are crap and dont even snap on correctly...if they do then they are flimsy and break in about a week. they are also not the best with returns...i would advise to avoid them if you can.
    Global Posts
    198 Global Posts
    Zagg shield (applied perfectly after a hot shower with a steamy bathroom), and hip holster. The one supplied with the phone looks nice, but hopefully there is one with a slot for a card or small amount of cash. I love being able to put my ID and debit card in my hip hoslster for my 700p...very convenient when you have no pockers. I also want a thin hard case to come out as well for when I want to keep it in my pocket.
    Screen protector and hip holster.
    Quote Originally Posted by CJDynasty View Post
    Thanks for pointing that out! I didnt even realize that. Now I guess im reduced to using one of invisibileskinz (they are just so hard to put on).
    Actually, I held it up to the lifesize Pre on the Palm website and it doesn't cover up any part of the screen
    Quote Originally Posted by hopalee View Post
    Actually, I held it up to the lifesize Pre on the Palm website and it doesn't cover up any part of the screen
    Life size on what size monitor?
    is there a hand-cuff attachment for the phone yet?
    I'll start w/ the pouch. Debating on pre-ordering the zagg. I've had them, and I feel it ruins the feel of any device (not zagg in particular, but all laminates). But I really don't want to scratch up the screen. I won't get the full body one.

In addition, I have a dedicated pocket, and it's annoying sometimes, especially w/ dress/khakis. And this phone is bigger than my enV2. Want a slim leather holster, but I feel like an ***** wearing it, haha
    naked in front pants pocket. if wearing a suit, in side breast pocket.

life is too short for belt clips, pocket protectors, cases, holsters, screen protectors, pouches etc.

it's 2009. and you don't want to look like a ******.
    Quote Originally Posted by showson1 View Post
    Life size on what size monitor?
    15"
    i've bought at least 10 cases from daydeal and never had a problem so I also don't know how they are about returns.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast