Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    well let's hope your right. based on that assumption

$299 phone
    $100 mail in rebate
    $150 phone upgrade
    -----
    49 would be your cost

sprint implemented a new change for sprint premier members so you only have to wait 12 months now to get the phone upgrade. the qualifications for premier are simple (3 months on a plan of $99 or sprint customer for 10 years)

I have been a customer for over 10 years and a loyalty program is long over due but there should be an upper class for long time users!

let us know if you get that $150 sprint rebate on top of the $100 rebate
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by greatdeals View Post
    well let's hope your right. based on that assumption

$299 phone
    $100 mail in rebate
    $150 phone upgrade
    -----
    49 would be your cost

sprint implemented a new change for sprint premier members so you only have to wait 12 months now to get the phone upgrade. the qualifications for premier are simple (3 months on a plan of $99 or sprint customer for 10 years)

I have been a customer for over 10 years and a loyalty program is long over due but there should be an upper class for long time users!

let us know if you get that $150 sprint rebate on top of the $100 rebate
    *SIGH* Did you fail math in school?

Price:
    $549
    -$100 instant rebate
    -$150 2 Year Contract Rebate
    -$100 Mail-In-Rebate

Equals...
    $199!!! YAYYYYYYY... me can do math!!!
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    I'm definitely waiting after seeing the finds from the manual that has been leaked. As if the CDMA limiting simultaneous voice and data isn't enough. No downloading music over 3g? I thought Sprint had such a reliable 3g network. I also figured they would learn after all the flak that ATT received neutering iPhone apps. What else will be limited over 3g?

Other miscellaneous things left out. No visual voice mail. No built in voice dialing.

Unlocked GSM may be the only way to go I think. By that time there may be enough in the way of 3rd party support to overcome the obvious shortcomings that really should be in every device of this caliber at launch. The closer we get the more disappointed I am actually. The OS and form factor of this phone could have made it number 1 on the market easily. Instead they shoot themselves in the foot a number of times.

For a device company on its last legs and a provider that is bleeding users you think they would actually pay attention to the mistakes of the other manufacturers/carriers so they do not repeat them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ny88RiCaN View Post
    I'm just curious to see if it will cost me like 400$ or more to upgrade from 1 year :O
    YES.....IT WILL.

I'm in the exact same boat as you: only one year into a new contract with just a $75 credit. Twice I've called Sprint (two seperate stores), and I just went to a store to speak directly with a sales person. The story I got each and every time was this: It will cost me full price minus my $75 credit.

In other words, $474.00

I asked about the possibility of renewing or resetting my contract to start the 2-years over. But no dice. I knew it would only make me look like an even bigger ***** standing there trying to tell him, "Well, several Sprint customers in the same situation as me on the TreoCentral.com forum said they got price garuantees of $300." It was completely pointless. So I took my lumps like a man and walked out of the store in disbeleif that this would be the third straight smartphone to cost me $450+

So looks like I'll be waiting until my renew date of April 2010. Yeah...if you think that sucks reading it, imagine how I feel living it. Not much choice though. I just can't justify poping for a second $450+ smartphone in less than 14 months time. Not in these economic times.

Not to mention, I am really hoping that an even better Pre will have emerged by April '10. One with a micro card slot or 24+ GB storage. That alone would make it worth the wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by brett328 View Post

Yup, I can wait. Its not like Dec 21st 2012 is the next day or anything!
    *smirk*

clever

Well.........My contract won't be up until Feb......so....December will be the time for me to start ramping up.
    Which is fine for me.
    Gives other phones a chance to make an impression - AND gives me a chance to see what is REALLY happening with the WebOS world.
    Quote Originally Posted by solar_plexus View Post
    Well.........My contract won't be up until Feb......so....December will be the time for me to start ramping up.
    Which is fine for me.
    Gives other phones a chance to make an impression - AND gives me a chance to see what is REALLY happening with the WebOS world.
    I love it when circumstances force me to be sensible! Because left to my own devices my "gotta have it NOW" mentality takes over and I make bad, uninformed decisions. Unfortunately for my rational side, I'm out of contract with AT&T right now so porting over for the Pre will be all too easy. Oy, I hope I know what I'm getting into!
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo47 View Post
    I love it when circumstances force me to be sensible! Because left to my own devices my "gotta have it NOW" mentality takes over and I make bad, uninformed decisions. Unfortunately for my rational side, I'm out of contract with AT&T right now so porting over for the Pre will be all too easy. Oy, I hope I know what I'm getting into!
    yeah.....If I were out of contract....I wouldn't even think twice.

At least this makes me look like I am in control.
    2011 is my next upgrade
    Nokia American Idol Phone< Motorola RAZR<Nokia Flip Phone<Sidekick Slide<Palm Centro<HTC Snap

Currently Enjoying: Palm Pixi
    My Centro works just too dang well. I'm going to wait and see how the Pre works in the real world. Is it worth paying an extra $30 - $40 a month, plus several hundred dollars to buy it? Right now, I don't really think so.

Problem is, I want to develop some apps, and I'm going to need a device for development purposes. So I'm still undecided.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by solar_plexus View Post
    At least this makes me look like I am in control.
    That's all I ask for - the *illusion* of control. We all know I don't really have it, but if I can fool myself into thinking I have it - even for a moment - we're all good here.
    I know that getting a new phone on launch day is very exciting, but in the end it's just a smartphone device. Besides, it's just too stressful hoping that the store I go to early in the morning still has Pres available. Instead, I'm going to way and see what others say about the availability, reviews, etc.

I always have huge buyer's remorse, so it's good for me to wait and make sure the Pre doesn't have any major issues.
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Not me! I'm gonna make some of that dust!
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    i'm going to wait about 3 months after teh dust settles. because from what its looking like now i'm better off getting the touch pro or waiting for the touch pro 2 to come out.
    I'll grab one in July to check it out for 30 days so I can see how much it's changed when it Gets to Verizon in 6 months.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    I'll be waiting for July to roll around. Not totally out of choice though. There is no Sprint store in my neck of the woods, and the RadioShacks here won't be getting any! I know I could probably order online/phone but I want to fondle it a little before plunking down 3 benjamins, and 2 more years of my life. I'm also holding out some little glimmer of hope that they'll announce a 16 gig version.
    im going to try to create as much dust as i can... but if lines start forming everywhere b4 saturday morning, by 4 or 5 i might have to w8
  18. joelpalm
    I plan on waiting a week because I don't feel like being broke just to own it, and also I will get to hear the feedback before being one of the first to take the plunge. Plus roomie works at Best Buy and I have to wait until they allow them to get the Touchstone, as I want to do everything at the same time.
    No-one's mentioned waiting for WWDC to see what goodies Apple come up with yet .
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by northy014 View Post
    No-one's mentioned waiting for WWDC to see what goodies Apple come up with yet .
    I should have added that. My contract is up in July so I'm waiting to see Apple's latest also... but I don't really want to pay ATT's service plan prices.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast