Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I'm just curious to see if it will cost me like 400$ or more to upgrade from 1 year :O
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    I want to get it on launch but my 2 years is up on July 1st. I want to get it at launch but i read in another thread that if i change the date of my 2 year to June 6 then i wouldn't get the $100 palm rebate. I'm a college student who really wants this phone so i guess i'll just wait until July for mine.
    I really want on from day one, but its highly unlikely. I like to point out that we don't know when the second batch of pre's are coming out. It maybe a few months before the second batch comes out so I were able to get one on launch I would jump on it. GL ppl
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    How about getting just one for yourself and letting your wife and daughter decide what to get based on first-hand experience? I think it's a little presumtuous to think that just because you want a particular device that it is automatically the best smartphone for everyone else in your family. Buying all three at once doesn't make any sense.

Now everyone else can chime in here about why they automatically know so much about what everyone else in their family wants and needs.
    The last time we got phones I bought three identical Fusic Phones from Sprint (changeable color faceplates). Worked great for us because...

- wife doesn't care which phone she has as long as it works
    - daughter just wanted phone and MP3 feature was a plus
    - wife won't read owners manual so it made sense to have me or daughter with same phone so we could show her features as we learned them

I am on a family plan - not sure if I can renew only my line for 2 years and not theirs? I don't want to renew the whole plan then loose out on any deals I might get for them...

I have only told my wife she is getting a new phone but not which one (she lets me handle techo issues).

She will hate it for a week and then love it... why?
    why hate it...
    - she hates iPhones because the large screen that gets greasy everytime someone uses it
    - she does not like large phones

why love it?
    - she is a substitute teacher and misses out on a lot of jobs because she is not always at a computer to check emails and login to websites
    - she is really into organizing family schedules and loved it when I setup google calendars for all the family members - except for the fact she had to be near a computer
    - she will love it when our college daughter is sending her photos
    - she has never had a data plan on her phone and has mentioned it would be nice to send a picture or check an email
    - she carries a Sony Walkman + phone in her purse (down to one with Pre)
    - she will love having family photos on a screen larger than 160x120 grainy images

Plus, like one other person mentioned... if they truly are short on supply I'm guessing if I buy three and wife hates it I could sell it on eBay to someone who missed the first batch...
    Quote Originally Posted by wfcentral View Post
    I am on the fence about this and was curious if anyone else is...

RUN AND GET IT
    - have been waiting so long, ready to camp out at store
    - plan to get three for me, wife, daughter leaving for college
    - already have list of 20 ways this will make my life easier
    - short supply, if you don't get the first batch how long will you wait (can anyone say Wii?)

WAIT
    - remember how everyone ran out and bought the iPhone and then the price dropped
    - this is a version 1.0 device - bugs / problems?
    - only available in black... with three phones in my family it would sure be nice to be able and tell them apart without having to put stickers on them or something silly
    - would be nice to read some real user reviews before buying one

As it stands now though - I will be out of town the day it launches... my local sprint store has my name on a list and said he will call me and let me know on Monday if any are left... he said he would hold three for me for Monday only...

Any other views?
    I really want it only if i can keep my current plan (and no, it's not sero). My plan includes everything the SEP have but cost less.

If they strictly enforce the SEP with the Pre, then i'm not getting it. I'll just wait for the Touch Pro 2 (Rhodium) which is coming out for Sprint in June as well. No need in jacking up my bill more than double.

As for it being a version 1 device, i don't care about that. It's not as if the Pre is being sold for $499 and $599 WITH CONTRACT that we need to be concerned about future price drops. Pre buyers are not iSheep and Palm knows better.

I would never buy a phone that was not in a black colour (maybe silver or grey as well). It's a nice professional colour for me, so win win there.

So for me it all comes down to if they'll let me use my existing plan (odds are not good but...) or else it's Touch Pro 2 for me.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    T-Mobile finally realized that I am no longer an employee and is kicking me off my employee plan (only took them 1.5 years! ) I have to do something by the 9th of June or I will lose my awesome 212 number with lots of repeating digits! So I'm gonna be a Guinea pig and get the Pre ASAP.

My girlfriend lost her BB a few weeks ago and is currently using one I made out of spare parts! So she is looking at either a new current BB ($350-400) or paying an ETF and moving to Sprint and the Pre. Since Sprint offers plans that are significantly cheaper it was a pretty easy choice for her, especially since she likes the design and features of the Pre so far.

So it looks like we will both be up early on Saturday lining up for our chance to be Pre Guinea pigs!
    I'm getting one first day because I don't want to come on the forums later that day to find out how much fun you guys are having with your new Palm Pre's while I'm here banging my head against my desk wondering why I didn't go get one.
  8. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    I'll get it launch day. I have *never* been one to stand in line or be a first adopter of a device, but why the hell not.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    ummm.... yea..... Now that I think about it.... Maybe we should all wait to get the Pre until the first firmware update....

Yea... Everyone... lets ALL wait to get it so we show these companies we want stable products at launch....

Forget those people that are running out to get it, let THEM be the guinea pigs...

Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Merovingian View Post
    I really want it only if i can keep my current plan (and no, it's not sero). My plan includes everything the SEP have but cost less.

If they strictly enforce the SEP with the Pre, then i'm not getting it. I'll just wait for the Touch Pro 2 (Rhodium) which is coming out for Sprint in June as well. No need in jacking up my bill more than double.

As for it being a version 1 device, i don't care about that. It's not as if the Pre is being sold for $499 and $599 WITH CONTRACT that we need to be concerned about future price drops. Pre buyers are not iSheep and Palm knows better.

I would never buy a phone that was not in a black colour (maybe silver or grey as well). It's a nice professional colour for me, so win win there.

So for me it all comes down to if they'll let me use my existing plan (odds are not good but...) or else it's Touch Pro 2 for me.
    Actually, odds are zero... but keep hoping.

I doubt you'll be able to get the Touch Pro2 without a SEP plan either....
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
    i think if i can be one of the first to pick one up i will because im switching carriers , so it will be in that 30 day test period where ill decide if i want it so well see
    As a Mac user, I'm waiting for the dust to settle. It's be a hoot to see how much some desperate folks will pay for one if there is indeed a shortage.

I want to hear how well Spanning Sync works, plus I have a bunch of other questions i'll wait to see play out.
    Only reason I'm not getting it 1st day is because I have to wait to my contract anniversary date of August 4th.
    i'll be getting it on the first day..... i have a instinct now so i'm all over the pre.... a real smartphone.... i can't wait but i'm not doing the line thing..... i'll order it online
    My 22-months upgrade date only comes July 1st. I'm pretty sure they're gonna run out by then. So, whenever they get new stock in after the initial run, I'll get it then.

I called Sprint about getting it when it comes out, but the rep said that I will not be eligible for the mail-in rebate. If only Best Buy would accomodate me...

But, I'm not too worried, I'm sure I'll have one before fall.
    Im getting it as soon as I can.

1. Sprint doesn't have that many good phones to choose from..
    2. My 2year contract been up 7 months ago.
    3. Its just awesome
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    I tell myself that I'm going to wait because I don't want to stand in line and I want to see videos of how the PIM apps work first. But.................I may not have that much self control!
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    I'm waiting for a bit. I will be doing a cross-country move over the 6th anyway so getting it on launch day is out of the question. Also, with some of the recent reveals (such as no visual voice-mail) I am not feeling 100% certain that the product is fully ready to launch.

I will be getting a new smart phone before the end of the summer but at this point I'm not nearly as sold on the Pre as I was a couple of months ago. I sort of figure that the news would only get better over the months leading up to launch and really we haven't learned anything new. So barring any launch day surprises I'm not nearly as wowed as I thought that I would be.
    Getting it on the 5th WOOHOO!
    I am definitely going to get it first day (hopefully, at 8am EST)! I have endured my 700p for 2+ yrs, and my 650 before that! I need an upgrade!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast