Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by jmeray View Post
    Thank you west3man... if i end up delaying my "new phone" purchase, I'll look into that install!!
    No problem. Our contract won't expire til another month after the release. A month or two ago, that might've bothered me more, but now that I've got Opera Mini at my disposal, I'm able to do SO much more.

And so much more quickly.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by hbg View Post
    I have the iPhone 3.0 and it is much faster now. The screen size comparison is pretty interesting. That's a lot less screen real estate for the Pre- discouraging.
    Yeah, but people seem to forget.

Half the time, the iPhone screen will be taken up by a large virtual keyboard. The other half, notifications smack dab in the middle of it.

The Pre uses its screen real estate A LOT better.
    Quote Originally Posted by DougB541 View Post

Half the time, the iPhone screen will be taken up by a large virtual keyboard. The other half, notifications smack dab in the middle of it.

Damned good points.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Pre has a faster cpu than the current iPhone. But the iPhone has a bigger screen. Might make reading and browser a more pleasant experience. We shall see.
    Quote Originally Posted by DougB541 View Post

Half the time? how bout only when typing. When your typing on the Pre, you will probably be looking at your fingers? What is the difference?
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    Don't forget screen size.

Being colorblind sucks.

The Pre and Touch Pro looks the same to me. Thanks for including numbers!
    Quote Originally Posted by hbg View Post
    I have the iPhone 3.0 and it is much faster now. The screen size comparison is pretty interesting. That's a lot less screen real estate for the Pre- discouraging.
    I dunno, I am used to my Touch Pro and the screen isn't huge but it is nice. The Pre will be a nice bump up from the TP screen (size, not rez unfortunately) so I'm happy. Also, as has been mentioned, the screen is better used without an onscreen keyboard and the device will be smaller than the iPhone which is frankly a brick.
    Is that screen size chart based on actual dimensions, or pixel count? If based only on physical size, it might be a bit misleading.
    Global Posts
    198 Global Posts
    screen size.

iPhone - 5.6537 inches squared
    Pre - 4.43477 inches squared

Pre's screen is 21.5% smaller than the iPhone, but the same resolution(I think...for iPhone 3g). So websites text will be smaller or you will see less...and it will look sharper.
    Phone: 700p > Pre
    PMP: Archos 605 (30GB) and iPod Touch (16GB)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12