Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    1 - 1 of 1View:

$849.99
    Great Financing Offer

New! Sprint - Palm Pre Cell Phone - Black
    Model: LX370 | SKU: 9337595
    3.1" color TFT-LCD touch screen display; physical QWERTY keyboard; 3.0MP camera; built-in GPS
    Be the first to write a review.
    Check Shipping & Availability

BestBuy.com - Search Results
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Hmm... interesting... I really need to find out how this affects me, with 1 year left on my contract. At least I have a couple weeks to sort through all the information that's being posted here about that.
    Vx --> M515 --> T|T3 --> T|T5
    --> Treo 650 --> Centro --> Dinc

Smart Jones - a smartphone webcomic
    Here's the actual product page.
    If Sprint puts the list price at $550 it is very easy to get best Buy Best Buy will mark down to Sprint retail list price. It takes an extra two minutes. They have a price match policy.

Best Buy always has absurd list prices on handsets to make contract discount look better.

But if you are buying out of contract you can always get their handsets at same price as Sprint full list price.
    Anybody sign on to BestBuy.com and check out the price of the Pre - $849.00!!

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1218087261903

Also in the "specifications" section it says this about the camera

"Built-in 3.0MP digital camera With LED flash and extended depth of field lets you take still photos and short videos. "
    Interesting about the videos. Need somebody to confirm it's not a BB mistake.
    BB always sets list price higher. But you can always get it from them at the same price as Sprint list. If sprint lists price at $550 you can get it at best buy for $550 as they have a price match policy.
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    BB always sets list price higher. But you can always get it from them at the same price as Sprint list. If sprint lists price at $550 you can get it at best buy for $550 as they have a price match policy.
    In my experience, price matching doesn't apply to just any other place that might be selling that particular item. It applies to the same type of store selling that particular item.

So, I wouldn't expect Best Buy to price-match against Sprint. They're in different classes (and not in the judgemental sense).
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    In my experience, price matching doesn't apply to just any other place that might be selling that particular item. It applies to the same type of store selling that particular item.

So, I wouldn't expect Best Buy to price-match against Sprint. They're in different classes (and not in the judgemental sense).
    You are right if it were only bestbuy but they will price match at stand alone bestbuy mobile stores and at bestbuy with a bestbuy mobile center. If they give you crap talk to a manager as they do honor there price match policy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassy_Lina View Post
    You are right if it were only bestbuy but they will price match at stand alone bestbuy mobile stores and at bestbuy with a bestbuy mobile center. If they give you crap talk to a manager as they do honor there price match policy.
    Interesting. Thanks for the perspective.

Personally, I'm unlikely to purchase my phone through Best Buy because I think existing customers (just out-of-contract) are likely to catch hell with either repairs or returns* ... Hm. I had another reason, but I forgot it.

* - maybe I'm wrong about that
    Best Buy? HA! Never has an oxymoron seemed so appropriate.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    But if you are buying out of contract you can always get their handsets at same price as Sprint full list price.
    Are you sure?
    Interesting. Thanks for the perspective.

Personally, I'm unlikely to purchase my phone through Best Buy because I think existing customers (just out-of-contract) are likely to catch hell with either repairs or returns* ... Hm. I had another reason, but I forgot it.

* - maybe I'm wrong about that
    Yes you are wrong.

The Sprint store you will take your broken Pre does not give a flying F... where you bought it. Either you have TEP insurance or you don't.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by markdb77 View Post
    Yes you are wrong.

The Sprint store you will take your broken Pre does not give a flying F... where you bought it. Either you have TEP insurance or you don't.
    Exactly, purchased my last couple of phones from an individual and TEP just carried over.
    Quote Originally Posted by markdb77 View Post
    Yes you are wrong.

I was told (by a Radio Shack rep, I believe), and certain posts around here have supported the idea, that we've gotta return phones to wherever we got them from.

If it came directly from Palm, that's where it gets returned to.
    If it came from Radio Shack, that's where it gets returned to.
    If it was ordered online, that's where you send it for support.

Maybe this has changed at some point, but I've certainly seen forum posters reflect this perspective.
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Also note the model: LX370

Haven't seen that before.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Looks like I'll buy this at radioshack then.
    If you'll have to upgrade your older plan, then Sprint would be a bit nuts not to try to sell you a Pre at discount no matter if you're eligible or not. Getting you on that new plan should be their priority.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    well, on the positive side, at least you can finance it for 18 months same as cash.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    I was told (by a Radio Shack rep, I believe), and certain posts around here have supported the idea, that we've gotta return phones to wherever we got them from.

If it came directly from Palm, that's where it gets returned to.
    If it came from Radio Shack, that's where it gets returned to.
    If it was ordered online, that's where you send it for support.

Maybe this has changed at some point, but I've certainly seen forum posters reflect this perspective.
    Actually I had this whole post about it. You can return the phone if you bought it at BB or Radio Shack to any Sprint store within the 30 days. I am not sure about online. You can RETURN but not EXCHANGE. Unless TEP rules have changed which it might or might not, based on my experience in Feb/March of 09, Sprint will take you BB or RS phone and try to fix or send it to Asurion to get it fixed if you had TEP. But you can't just get a new one from the stock of phones the Sprint store has since you did not buy from a Sprint store. This is within the 30 days. This again is a California experience.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast