1.    #1  
    Nothing new in this video, but I haven't seen this one yet. This is a nice private demo without a bunch of background noise.

There a couple of things that I hadn't noticed before.
    1. you can dismiss a notification by pressing the center button.
    2. the device will turn on when you access the key board.

I am getting very excited for this device! Enjoy!

Geek Guides-Palm Pre hands-on tour - AOL Video
    Thanks!
    I think we should use this thread to just post up a whole bunch of palm pre videos so everyone can watch 8-)
    I think I noticed a little something I hadn't before.

My BB has an integrated inbox, and I took it for granted till I got a iPod Touch. With my BB, I press the trackball after highlighting the messages icon, and I am instantly IN my messages, free to scroll, select, delete, reply, whatever.

With the Touch, and from what I have read iPhone 3.0 even, I have to hit an email account, then hit inbox, read, delete, whatever, then push back twice (on upper left hand corner) to another account, then push inbox for that account, then back again twice and start over with a third account. I have four. What a hassle.

I read the Pre has an integrated inbox, but in the video (around 14:30) when he hits mail, he still must hit inbox to get to the messages. One more press than the BB, which is the best out of all three phones. Instant access.

Since I am in and out of mail all day long like most people, this is a negative for me. Is there a way to remedy this in settings? Can I have the inbox icon in my favorites bar?
    Maybe you can short cut the inbox icon?

No idea...but blackberry's are clearly the best email device still. In terms of receiving a large amount of emails.
    Maybe you can change it with a default view option.
    I know that in the BB there two options.
    1. you can actually select the single email account.
    2. or go to your message inbox..and you can view all email from multiple accounts.

I assume that the pre will work the same way.
    With the Pre, at least in the video, both of those options appear after one selects "mail", inbox and individual accounts, either option of course requiring yet another selection.

The iPhone works the same, mail first then individual accounts. It has no integrated inbox or instant access to individual accounts.

I just want one press access to the contents of the integrated inbox on the Pre, like my BB. Hope it is possible.
    Last edited by galavanter; 05/21/2009 at 11:57 AM.
    Hey, that hand holding the Pre in the beginning is the one I used for my Twitter prank.
    Follow Me On

That was a cool video, thanks for posting.

I have a question. If I'm in an multiple apps, is there a way for me to go back to the homescreen and just hangout there without dismissing all of the cards (say, I want to take a break and work on all that stuff later)?
    This guy has ginourmous hands.
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    This guy has ginourmous hands.
    I dunno...from all the videos I have seen, I believe the Pre will be a good bit smaller than we all expect. I mean, I know we have the dimensions, but so many of the pictures make it look wide and kinda fat, when in fact, I think it will be REAL close the Centro in size.
    Quote Originally Posted by galavanter View Post
    With the Pre, at least in the video, both of those options appear after one selects "mail", inbox and individual accounts, either option of course requiring yet another selection.

The iPhone works the same, mail first then individual accounts. It has no integrated inbox or instant access to individual accounts.

I just want one press access to the contents of the integrated inbox on the Pre, like my BB. Hope it is possible.
    Actually now that you ask like that, I recall them saying you can look at all your messages in one view, or separate inboxes.

Quote Originally Posted by jonathan likes the pre View Post
    That was a cool video, thanks for posting.

I have a question. If I'm in an multiple apps, is there a way for me to go back to the homescreen and just hangout there without dismissing all of the cards (say, I want to take a break and work on all that stuff later)?
    Not that i've heard of.

Best bet might just be the launcher screen..

Or perhaps make a homescreen app to fake it haha.
    Quote Originally Posted by DougB541 View Post
    Actually now that you ask like that, I recall them saying you can look at all your messages in one view, or separate inboxes.

Not that i've heard of.

Best bet might just be the launcher screen..

Or perhaps make a homescreen app to fake it haha.

Yeah, right? Nothing has been said on this. That's kinda lame.
    Quote Originally Posted by furreverdad View Post
    I dunno...from all the videos I have seen, I believe the Pre will be a good bit smaller than we all expect. I mean, I know we have the dimensions, but so many of the pictures make it look wide and kinda fat, when in fact, I think it will be REAL close the Centro in size.
    According to the size comparison tool at phonearena, the Pre is a little shorter than the Centro. (3.96" vs 4.22")

Palm Pre Size Compare (Phone Arena)
    Quote Originally Posted by DougB541 View Post
    Yes you can. But on the BB you are into your integrated inbox, OR individual account inbox in one click. They are not nested in a mail folder. I'm such a lazy **** that I am concerned about having to touch twice (Mail, then (combined) Inbox) instead of once, many times a day of course.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Though we have seen most, if not everything, on this video previously, I thought it was the best instructional video to date. It was very thorough, he didn't rush, good questions were asked, etc. You could easily see what gestures/swipes/etc. he was performing for any function he wanted accomplished.

A couple things I noted that were new to me or I just forgot: about the 24 minute mark he talked about the keyboard. He mentioned it was similar to the Centro keyboard except 1) the Centro is much narrower & 2) they added something to the keys so it wouldn't feel as rubbery.

A little later he talked about the on/off switch. If you wanted to black out the screen, that could be done w/a quick push of the on/off button. By holding it down for a couple seconds, you shut down the entire device.

Cheers