Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21
  1. rposa's Avatar
    Posts
    264 Posts
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
       #1  
    A friend of mine called a friend of his, who is a Sprint store employee. My friend has heard about the Pre, a little bit, but really doesn't know much -- other than it's REALLY cool.

    Anyway, he rung his friend up (oops, speaker!) and asked about the Pre .. His buddy told him that Sprint store employees are barred (maybe he didn't use that strong of a word) from buying a Pre -- initially. Just the advocate will have one.

    Interesting, I thought..
  2. #2  
    Yeah, retail manager at Sprint corporate near me said same thing about employees not being able to buy one yet
  3. #3  
    hmmmmmmmm interesting.. sucks for them as soon as i buy it ima just make fun of them before i leave the store lol jk
  4. #4  
    Happens all the time in many retail fields.
  5. prebert's Avatar
    Posts
    11 Posts
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    #5  
    I would think that it would make more sense for Sprint sales people to be allowed, even encouraged to buy the popular phones so that they can have first had experience with the devices they sell.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by prebert View Post
    I would think that it would make more sense for Sprint sales people to be allowed, even encouraged to buy the popular phones so that they can have first had experience with the devices they sell.
    If supply is there than yes. Imagine being told by every sprint store you have to wait 3 weeks because they don't have enough only to see all of the employees using one. That would anger a lot of potential customers.
  7. Mikest's Avatar
    Posts
    429 Posts
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    #7  
    Thats actually a pretty common practice in retail. I know when I was a freshman in college working at Best Buy they restricted employee's from purchasing newly released hot ticket items.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by mvpsanto View Post
    hmmmmmmmm interesting.. sucks for them as soon as i buy it ima just make fun of them before i leave the store lol jk
    *grin* Now you know they are going to go in and jack up your account as soon as you hit the door!!!
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL
  9. #9  
    Beyond what you all said, I want to add what my local store manager said. He said that Sprint employees can order one, instead of buying frm in-store stock. Plus, he said that doing it this way, they get a discount. Maybe an incentive to keep hands off of the in-store stock???
  10. Miner's Avatar
    Posts
    156 Posts
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    #10  
    If they don't do this, you'll have situations of people going into a sprint store to pick up a Pre only to be told "sorry, we're out of stock".

    But what really happaned is the limited stock they had on hand was all bought up by employees.
  11. #11  
    When I camped out for my Xbox 360 the guy behind me was a Best Buy employee who said they were not allowed to buy them there.
  12. #12  
    that happens all the time... but i would have thought that they would @ least have a few available or set aside for employee purchase.... they may just be barred from buying it on June 6th and can get it after hours
  13. #13  
    Yeah, I agree that it's what inventory forces them to do. Every store would be sold out because of employees.
  14. #14  
    If i was Sprint, i'd already have taken care of my employees that wanted one.
  15. #15  
    I can further add it's not just store employees, this includes people who work at Sprint corporate locations as well, this was the case for the Instinct. What's interesting to note is that even if Sprint employees obtained a Pre they have unique account numbers which would prevent anyone from activating a new device. Typically they have to wait 4 or more months before they can purchase a new device like the Instinct or Pre.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    If i was Sprint, i'd already have taken care of my employees that wanted one.
    For a device that has such a low inventory at launch, what possible argument could you use to defend this logic? Like it was mentioned earlier, how would potential new customers feel if they're being told the Pre is sold out, while seeing in-store employees using the same phone?

    Purely by numbers, it may not make a dent allowing Sprint employees to get the Pre at launch, but the negative customer perception would be orders of magnitude higher.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    I can further add it's not just store employees, this includes people who work at Sprint corporate locations as well, this was the case for the Instinct. What's interesting to note is that even if Sprint employees obtained a Pre they have unique account numbers which would prevent anyone from activating a new device. Typically they have to wait 4 or more months before they can purchase a new device like the Instinct or Pre.
    To me that makes no sense. I can se not allowing an employye to 'front run' and buy the device before customers. Espcially in store sales. but 4 months?? as a manager / boss I want my employeews to have the hottest new phone. When a customer comes in, they will see all of my employees using the pre (or hottest phone). It's like free advertisment.
    da Gimp

    Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
  18. doc31's Avatar
    Posts
    707 Posts
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    #18  
    adding even more....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Doc31; 05/21/2009 at 01:37 PM.
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by B-model View Post
    To me that makes no sense. I can se not allowing an employye to 'front run' and buy the device before customers. Espcially in store sales. but 4 months?? as a manager / boss I want my employeews to have the hottest new phone. When a customer comes in, they will see all of my employees using the pre (or hottest phone). It's like free advertisment.
    That's what the Sprint Advocates are for.
  20. #20  
    don't Sprint employees regularly get a phone free as a perk?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions