Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Im not supposed to be eligible until July to upgrade. So i called up and they made a notation on my account saying they had the date moved and they said i could go to a sprint store and buy the phone on the 6th for 199. i just called up today and spoke with several different people, and their supervisors, and they said that if i wanted the phone they could not offer me the rebate because it went through palm and palm would not approve it. So i just wanted to warn anybody that made notations on their account to not even bother waiting in line because sprint will not budge on this policy. they said without the rebates, the best they could offer me for it was $399. So i will now be waiting until July to get my pre, and i will have to listen to everyone rave about theirs.
    Actually its going to be $299.99. I am in the same boat. In my case I have 5 lines and 3 are eligible for the $150 off. Of course mine is not. The "ecare" person I spoke with said that that is my only option with no 100 rebate.
    Same I heard....no $100 rebate.

I have to wait until August.

They noted my account that I requested i think ...but probably so i don't keep on calling.
  4.    #4  
    so what are we going to do? is there anything we can do? gosh, I'm furious right now because in the beginning i was told i would be able to get the 199 price
    well...im on a htc pro now and have a bb 8830 that i will be selling so you could make up the money with your extra phone...imo
    Quote Originally Posted by snowboard1219 View Post
    so what are we going to do? is there anything we can do? gosh, I'm furious right now because in the beginning i was told i would be able to get the 199 price
    Just throttle back a bit, its no big deal. So you get to read other reviews, watch videos and let others spend the money first to see if it right for you. Wait the three weeks and save the money, or get it early and pay more. Something I have learned in the 8 years I have been with Sprint, what they tell you vs. what really happens are usually two totally different things. I am never comfortable with a deal I got until I have the phone in my hands and have gone through three bills. I am also not eligible until July 1st, I will call June 6th to see if they can do anything but if not, no biggy. I'll get one eventually, its not going to give me a heartache though...
    For them to give you that price even without the rebate is a good deal imo. If you want it early, you'd have to pay for it.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    or sit back and wait until after the initial release only to learn of plans for the 16GB version soon to be released... I feel something like this may happen. lol
    So let me understand

there are three rebates

$150
    $100 Instant rebate from Palmt
    $100 MIR which is from Sprint .

Which of the $100 did they tell you you were not getting , the Sprint Mail in OR the Instant $100

I spoke to sprint yesterday. I asked specifcally . I wasnt eligable for the $150 but they put in the notes that I should get all the rebates and read it back to me. and told me the phone will come to $199 after all the rabates. They never said anything about qualifing for the others, then again they mentions I was a WHite envelope( think thats the word) premier custoimer and I get the $199 price off the bat. I may need to call them again.
    my acct was notated at the beginning of the month as it has been before from previous phone launches...each time i was able to go into the store and get 2 yr upgrade price as well as any rebates...i cant see how this will be any different. Palm won't be looking at our renewal date and they also won't be sending us a check...Sprint will.
    Quote Originally Posted by snowboard1219 View Post
    Im not supposed to be eligible until July to upgrade. So i called up and they made a notation on my account saying they had the date moved and they said i could go to a sprint store and buy the phone on the 6th for 199. i just called up today and spoke with several different people, and their supervisors, and they said that if i wanted the phone they could not offer me the rebate because it went through palm and palm would not approve it. So i just wanted to warn anybody that made notations on their account to not even bother waiting in line because sprint will not budge on this policy. they said without the rebates, the best they could offer me for it was $399. So i will now be waiting until July to get my pre, and i will have to listen to everyone rave about theirs.
    I'm not sure this is such a bad thing. I would also love to be one of the first 300k to try it, but if you wait til July, they will probably have more features, apps, and hopefully Sprint and Palm will have worked out any of the kinks in the system.

You will likely have much fewer problems and you'll get it at $199. And Yes I realize that none of this is any consolation for you.

JH
    I believe the $100 MIR is a Manufactures Instant Rebate from Palm. I think ?

Quote Originally Posted by abarrera View Post
    my acct was notated at the beginning of the month as it has been before from previous phone launches...each time i was able to go into the store and get 2 yr upgrade price as well as any rebates...i cant see how this will be any different. Palm won't be looking at our renewal date and they also won't be sending us a check...Sprint will.
    i was under the impression that it's a mail in rebate...thats why its not instantly given at the store...and those always come from Sprint...not the manufacturer
    where has this been confirmed? i don't think i've ever seen pricing like that on a new handset.
    I am a little confused also. The MIR i thought was Manufactures Instant Rebate but its actually Mail in Rabte so both $100 come from Sprint ??? I was going by the poster assertion that it was from PALM.

Then my original question is the same , which $100 rebate did the original poster get told they are not recieving ?

I was told I am getting them all and want to question them on that with a phone call.
    i dont think ive ever seen a rebate from the manufacturer...and if it is i thought it was usually instant. the only rebate check ive ever received has been from Sprint so I just can't see how Palm can deny people based on notations and them not actually being eligible. if i wasn't gonna bill to account id just go to best buy and avoid the mess...oh well we'll just have to see what happens.
    Still want to know which $100 they were denied. the Instant or the Mail in?
    The typical mail in from sprint usually only requires a new 2 year agreement. But what are the qualifications of the Instant Rebate ??

That might be the problem. When you mail in the rebate they odd on will not look into the notes and see your not qualified and deny it. Happened to me once with sprint. I just ate the $75 that time.
    well all this is only speculation...they haven't been denied anything yet because the purchase hasn't been made!
    Only issue with Best Buy is that they cant read the sprint notes so odd are they will not give us the $150 discount. Atleast that happened to me when I went to buy a sprint phone at BB. They told me they cant read the special notes. I left and sent to a sprint store.
    I don't mind paying a few hundred bucks for something I will use daily for two years. I feel like people are way too used to these subsidized prices and take them for granted. These are $500+ devices so while I will obviously try to pay as little as possible, I am well aware that doing so before completing my previous contract will cost me more. They make that money back over a 2 year contract and if they haven't made it back yet, you don't get a new subsidy.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast