Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 41
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by neodorian View Post
    I don't mind paying a few hundred bucks for something I will use daily for two years. I feel like people are way too used to these subsidized prices and take them for granted. These are $500+ devices so while I will obviously try to pay as little as possible, I am well aware that doing so before completing my previous contract will cost me more. They make that money back over a 2 year contract and if they haven't made it back yet, you don't get a new subsidy.
    Great point Neodorian! 2 years for $200 is a great deal for a device that offers so many features.
  2. #22  
    Ok just spoke to a sprint manager and she said that as long as it says your are upgraded as of June 6th you will get ALL REBATES, if it only says your eligable for the $150 discount and does not specifically say you are getting upgraded then you may not get the $100 rebate.

    We shall see.
  3. #23  
    yea im not worried...as long as the notes are in the account its no big deal. if the store has a problem with it then you just call sprint while in the store and they will authorize it...it has been done before.
  4. #24  
    plus if they do get crazy and say no ill just bill full price and have retentions give me a credit for the rest...this has also been done before.
  5. #25  
    AGree thats what happened with my 800W, the store wouldnt give me the rebates so I paid full price and called retentions and they gave me the discount.

    They also said you can avoid all this hassle by purchasing at telesales . they will give all rebates based on notes. But she mentioned that they may not have phones to ship by telesales for a while as most of the phones that are ready for the first week are going to the stores.
  6. #26  
    yea thats exactly why im just going to the store...theyve accepted notes in the past but if for some reason they dont ill just have retentions handle it...i have the reps email and id # so it shouldnt be a problem.
  7. #27  
    So if I'm a long time sprint customer, but out of contract, can I get the $199 deal if I sign a new 2-year contract?
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by arc918 View Post
    So if I'm a long time sprint customer, but out of contract, can I get the $199 deal if I sign a new 2-year contract?
    Yep
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    So let me understand

    there are three rebates

    $150
    $100 Instant rebate from Palmt
    $100 MIR which is from Sprint .

    Which of the $100 did they tell you you were not getting , the Sprint Mail in OR the Instant $100

    I spoke to sprint yesterday. I asked specifcally . I wasnt eligable for the $150 but they put in the notes that I should get all the rebates and read it back to me. and told me the phone will come to $199 after all the rabates. They never said anything about qualifing for the others, then again they mentions I was a WHite envelope( think thats the word) premier custoimer and I get the $199 price off the bat. I may need to call them again.
    they told me i couldnt get the mail in rebate. you should call them back though as to make sure you are getting the 199 price. i was supposed to get that price and then called back and they said i cant get it the best price is 299
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by abarrera View Post
    yea thats exactly why im just going to the store...theyve accepted notes in the past but if for some reason they dont ill just have retentions handle it...i have the reps email and id # so it shouldnt be a problem.
    just be careful because they are saying that palm wont let the do this. im still pretty upset about it
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by snowboard1219 View Post
    just be careful because they are saying that palm wont let the do this. im still pretty upset about it
    palm has nothing whatsoever to do with it. Palm is charging Spritn $200 to $300 a phone and Sprint can do what ever it wants to sell them including discounting them not at all or down to zero if they wished.


    Quote Originally Posted by neodorian View Post
    I don't mind paying a few hundred bucks for something I will use daily for two years. I feel like people are way too used to these subsidized prices and take them for granted. These are $500+ devices so while I will obviously try to pay as little as possible, I am well aware that doing so before completing my previous contract will cost me more. They make that money back over a 2 year contract and if they haven't made it back yet, you don't get a new subsidy.
    The actual subsidy is very low ($14 per handset, proably $50 on a smartphone. REally it is more like a $250 product. The artificially inflated lists prices are not a value established by competition.

    Still I agree with your point that people have to look at phone+contract on a two year basis to make a rational decision. So just as each $50 you save on a phone is really only worth $2 a month, each $15 on a month fee increase is a $360 spending commitment.
    .
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    I am a little confused also. The MIR i thought was Manufactures Instant Rebate but its actually Mail in Rabte so both $100 come from Sprint ??? I was going by the poster assertion that it was from PALM.

    Then my original question is the same , which $100 rebate did the original poster get told they are not recieving ?

    I was told I am getting them all and want to question them on that with a phone call.
    Palm would have no reason to back a rebate. Sprint has a complex system of discounts but they are rational.

    My advice is have it put on your notes. Then call two weeks into the Pre and get them to deliver or threaten to return it. This is the biggest conceivable loss for Sprint and you rhighest leverage, having a smartphone and possibly canceling at three weeks. they can no longer sell the phone as new and have to have it checked out reducing its value to them returned to almost nil. They are also subject to losses from opening and closing your account. They will relent on $100 because your represent a $200 to $200 loss if you bolt in the first 30 days.
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhay312 View Post
    I'm not sure this is such a bad thing. I would also love to be one of the first 300k to try it, but if you wait til July, they will probably have more features, apps, and hopefully Sprint and Palm will have worked out any of the kinks in the system.
    Of course by July there will be cooler phones coming out, HTC and others and you will be reading about the next cool Palm after EOS.
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    palm has nothing whatsoever to do with it. Palm is charging Spritn $200 to $300 a phone and Sprint can do what ever it wants to sell them including discounting them not at all or down to zero if they wished.
    they told me that it was through palm because it was a manufacturer rebate
  14. #34  
    See thats the clarification im waiting to get clear. When I spoke to them today they said there is no Palm rebate , its all sprint. one Sprint instant rebate of $100 and a Sprint mail in Rebate of $100. I think somone messed up telling you it was from palm. Look at sprints phones for sale. they have mail and instant rebates on others. there all from sprint. The instant and mail in rebates on the treos and centros are all from Sprint not palm . You possibly got fed wrong info.
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    See thats the clarification im waiting to get clear. When I spoke to them today they said there is no Palm rebate , its all sprint. one Sprint instant rebate of $100 and a Sprint mail in Rebate of $100. I think somone messed up telling you it was from palm. Look at sprints phones for sale. they have mail and instant rebates on others. there all from sprint.
    so I was lied too?!?! im really getting sick of sprint!!!!!
  16. #36  
    Maybe you were lied to , maybe I was lied to , maybe one of them didnt know and it was an mistake. Im not sure whats the deal at this moment. guess we will have to wait until it becomes clearer from Sprint in there wording who the mail in rebate is from.
  17.    #37  
    well i contacted Dan@sprint.com and sent them a very angry email yesterday and they already sent me an email back saying call them up to get this problem resolved.
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by snowboard1219 View Post
    they told me that it was through palm because it was a manufacturer rebate
    So now you learned that absolutely anything you hear from a "trained" sprint rep should never be believed.

    Manufactures offer rebates to help rebates move stalled stock. That is not the case with this.

    Mobile phone carriers offer various forms of subsidy with various conditions including in Sprints case a rebate that is not triggered until after 30 days of service in order to reduce incentive to leave or to help keep from creating gray markets for handsets at their expense.

    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    Maybe you were lied to , maybe I was lied to , maybe one of them didnt know and it was an mistake. Im not sure whats the deal at this moment. guess we will have to wait until it becomes clearer from Sprint in there wording who the mail in rebate is from.
    I think we can be pretty sure. sprint already on all its phones offers a mail in rebate. if Pre has one mail in rebate as stated formally in all the official material then it is the sprint one. If palm were coming out with Pre2 next monthand there was a monster amount of Sprint branded Pre inventory still held as owned by Palm and not Sprint (and that would be rare) then there could conceivably be a rare manufacturer rebate. but none of that is the case.
  19. #39  
    Well said Aero!
  20. #40  
    I always get the early upgrade just call telesales or sales support and tell them youve been with sprint for however long its been and that you have no reason to leave but you would really like a new phone sometimes they will not waive the mail in part sometimes they will just an example of my recent phones treo 800 touch pro treo pro i never pay full price and i never talk to rentions i admit sometimes i call twice thats about it
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions