1.    #1  
    Have you wondered what that little light is for or have any 411 about it? Not the center one...but the one just next to it. Will it light up if you have a missed message when your screen/sound are off?
    It gives feedback to tell you it's recognizing that you're touching the gesture area.
  3.    #3  
    Well, that's very nice =) but that's it? A tad disappointing
    Has there been confirmation of a message indicator light?

Welcome to the forum Eclectress. I'm in SoCal too.
    Unless Palm has changed or been hiding something, there's no notification lights. Hopefully they'll get the hint that we want that changed and either enable it with a software update or at the very least integrate it into a new device.
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
  6.    #6  
    I guess not galavanter : ( That would have been nice if they had that option. Some people are in meetings or classes so they shut off the sound. It'd be nice if you can just glance over and see something flashing to let ya know you've missed something! Oh, and thanks : )

Derek...you're totally right. I hope someone enables it at least!
    I'm curious to see how the Pre will handle notifications when it's in standby mode. My Treo Pro currently has a sort of screen saver that shows missed calls and text messages, I'm hoping that the Pre/webOS has something.
    Yeehaw more people from SoCal! BTW please, wait until I get my Pre first and then you can get yours

Welcome to the crazy forums Eclectress!
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    I'm curious to see how the Pre will handle notifications when it's in standby mode. My Treo Pro currently has a sort of screen saver that shows missed calls and text messages, I'm hoping that the Pre/webOS has something.
    Doesn't the Palm logo light up as well?
  10.    #10  
    Too late Eguy...lol jk. Thanks for the welcome =) Cali is the place to be!
  11.    #11  
    Gadgetluva, that's a cool feature you have on the Pro! Does it have a light that blinks also if you miss a notification? I really hope they have it on the Pre....enough to possibly not get it if it doesn't have that option lol.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    You have a choice... you can choose to have your messages displayed on the unlock screen or have them hidden (That's before you get to your password screen if you choose to use one...)
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
    I thought I read somewhere that the device would have notification lights. In fact I think I actually saw someone ask that to a demo guy in a video and he verified that it (not sure which light) would act as a notification light. I hope someone can find that video
    just so you guys know, that little thing to the the left of the center button is not an indicator or any sorts. its the microphone.
    I love lolcats
    the lights on the left and right next to the silver button are just their to let you know that you did the gesture correctly thats what some guy in some video said but hey whoi knows maybe someone would develope some app that lets you take advantage of them little lights who knows this phone has alot of potential