Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    So I have the family shared plan with everything. My phone (touch-pro) is primary and my daughters (Mogul) is secondary and elligible for a $150 credit toward upgrade. If I go to Best Buy and get a pre with the upgrade from my daughters phone and then come home and switch the ESN from the Pre back to my phone number (primary)...what happens with the $150 credit. I realize that I will be walking out of the store with the credit but will Best Buy find a way to somehow charge it to my Sprint bill or something after I switch it off the phone number it should be on?

I spoke to someone at Best Buy and they told me it would void my manufacturers warranty....which I think is a load of crap. I think they anticipate this move and try to use scare tactics so they dont lose money.

Any thoughts?
    You will find you can't switch phones ESN for 6 month period.

They have it figured out.
    Quote Originally Posted by RacingInIowa.com View Post

anything to back your claim?

this is false information. You WILL be able to esn swap anytime at will.

To the OP: I am guessing you will be fine. All the rebate awaits for is an ACTIVE LINE, and your daughter's line will be active, so you should be okay.

Personally, I have gotten new phones from upgrades, and esn swapped it back to my original and resold the new phone(s) many times. --Rebates always comes.
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RacingInIowa.com View Post

Seriously? You can switch your phone anything. But, the OP should realize that if they limit Pre's to specific plans, it won't be able to be activated on all plans...
    I was going to say the same thing, you should have no problem switching the phones back and forth. But unless you already have one of the simply everything plans you will have to switch plans. The problem might then come with if you try to switch your daughter back to her old plan. You have to hope you get the right rep when you call up.
    I did this with my Treo 755p from my Sanyo M1.

Worked fine.
    I was told the pre has to be on one of the lines 30 days for the rebate. Then you can switch.
    HMm..maybe i waited 30 days...

You know I honestly don't remember.