1. tuz
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    So I called Sprint tonight and spoke with a rep who said the Pre will not be available for preorder before the 6th. That's fine. So I asked her what the price would be for me. She told me that the phone cost $300 and I'm eligible for a $150 instant rebate with a 2-year contract, and then on top of that a $100 mail-in rebate.

For a balance of $50.

She also said I could keep my Fair and Flexible plan, with unlimited data and 300 (not unlimited) texts.

I think I understand what she read and what she thought (also when I first asked about the Pre she asked me which Treo I was talking about, but they sound similar)...but I took down her name and our "interaction number" and made sure everything she said was in a record with my account. So hopefully when I call on June 6 and get mad when they tell me what will certainly be a higher price, I'll get some crazy amazing deal, cause this nice nice lady told me I would!

Cross fingers...
    That's cool. Hope it works for you.
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    I think she misunderstood what she was telling you or you misunderstood what she was saying. It's probably $300 after the $100 instant rebate and the $150 credit ($550 list price). Then you can use the $100 mail in rebate for a total cost to you of $200. You never know with Sprint though, if you get the right person, they may give you anything.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    This is exactly what I have figured when I do my upgrade. Here is the breakdown for me and wifey:

We are currently eligible for upgrade since we are S|P.

Sprint Store
    $299 -$100MIR gets us to the $199 price point. Substract the $150 that we get towards an upgrade and we are at $49.99.

Best Buy/Walmart/Radio Shack
    $299 - $100 IR - $150 Upgrade credit = $49.99 out the door PRE love.
  5. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    I think you might be calling the wrong number. You're not going to be getting that phone for less than 199.99.
    Man, that would awesome if that works for you. However, as I understand it, the $150 instant off that comes at the 22-month point, is off retail, or the new customer price, whichever is lower. Since most of the time the new customer price is lower than 150 off retail, thats what happens most of the time. At least, that's what the Sprint rep told me a few months ago.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Not going to happen. There was this movie... what was it... Alicia Silverstone was in it... ahh... yes... CLUELESS!!!

Doesn't matter what she wrote in your account. You're not going to be able to keep your plan. I spoke with a supervisor in Retentions (Account Services) and there is NO WAY you'll be able to keep it.

But you can either accept it now... or be upset about it later when you find out the truth... your choice.
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
    Honestly it sounds like the lady is confused and is saying the phone is $300 AFTER the instant rebate and not before, and then the the MIR.
  9. tuz
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LightofHonor View Post
    Honestly it sounds like the lady is confused and is saying the phone is $300 AFTER the instant rebate and not before, and then the the MIR.
    That is exactly what I think. Or... something like that. So I'm hoping for the best but expecting "the worst", which I think would be that, since I've been on my plan for something like 33 months, I will get it for $199 and hopefully negotiate a good plan and not have to upgrade. $5 for 50 extra minutes was one of the great price points that drew me to Sprint in the first place, I don't want to pay 45 cents a minute for overages!!!!

Hopefully soon I'll remember the other thing I was about to say...lol oh well
  10. tuz
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Maybe this deserves a new thread, though it's probably been talked about already. The Pre page at Sprint says, in the main area:

$199, after mail-in rebate, eligble upgrade or new line activation on an Everything Plan with data and two-year agreement.

BUT if you read the fine print at the bottom it says something very different which seems to reflect what my rep told me:

Phone offer: Offer ends 07/11/09. While supplies last. $299.99 (two-year price) -$100 (mail-in rebate) =$199.99.

After a $150 eligibility rebate, this would indeed be about $50!

Hmmmmm...!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by tuz View Post
    So I called Sprint tonight and spoke with a rep who said the Pre will not be available for preorder before the 6th. That's fine. So I asked her what the price would be for me. She told me that the phone cost $300 and I'm eligible for a $150 instant rebate with a 2-year contract, and then on top of that a $100 mail-in rebate.

For a balance of $50.

She also said I could keep my Fair and Flexible plan, with unlimited data and 300 (not unlimited) texts.

I think I understand what she read and what she thought (also when I first asked about the Pre she asked me which Treo I was talking about, but they sound similar)...but I took down her name and our "interaction number" and made sure everything she said was in a record with my account. So hopefully when I call on June 6 and get mad when they tell me what will certainly be a higher price, I'll get some crazy amazing deal, cause this nice nice lady told me I would!

Cross fingers...
    Welcome to Sprint. this is one of the reasons why they are losing customers: CSR like you spoke to.

where is your starting point of $550 when you start subtracting credits? That is the starting point. If you start lower your will get the wrong final price.
    Quote Originally Posted by akula34 View Post
    Not going to happen. There was this movie... what was it... Alicia Silverstone was in it... ahh... yes... CLUELESS!!!

Doesn't matter what she wrote in your account. You're not going to be able to keep your plan. I spoke with a supervisor in Retentions (Account Services) and there is NO WAY you'll be able to keep it.

But you can either accept it now... or be upset about it later when you find out the truth... your choice.
    I agree completely with one caveat; He did the right thing by asking that it be noted in his account.

I don't think he'll get the Pre on his existing plan, and he probably won't get it at that price, but I do think he can use that information and get some leverage out of Sprint. I've had them note things in my account that I knew were not correct, and then got $75 off a month's bill. One time, I had them give me the phone I was asking to get for $150 free (but I had to agree to re-up my wife's contract in addition to mine).
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I have been here time and time again with sprint. For existing customers, sprint shows little love. Start subtracting the 150 from the retail price (not the price for new customers of $199). And then the mail in rebate. Expect to pay $199 when its all said and done. If they quote you another unbelievable price get them to note your account.
    Quote Originally Posted by tuz View Post
    Maybe this deserves a new thread, though it's probably been talked about already. The Pre page at Sprint says, in the main area:

$199, after mail-in rebate, eligble upgrade or new line activation on an Everything Plan with data and two-year agreement.

BUT if you read the fine print at the bottom it says something very different which seems to reflect what my rep told me:

Phone offer: Offer ends 07/11/09. While supplies last. $299.99 (two-year price) -$100 (mail-in rebate) =$199.99.

After a $150 eligibility rebate, this would indeed be about $50!

Hmmmmm...!!!!!
    For the 5000th time, the $150 IS the instant rebate. You get the phone for $199 after rebate.
    Quote Originally Posted by drudawg View Post
    This is exactly what I have figured when I do my upgrade. Here is the breakdown for me and wifey:

We are currently eligible for upgrade since we are S|P.

Sprint Store
    $299 -$100MIR gets us to the $199 price point. Substract the $150 that we get towards an upgrade and we are at $49.99.

Best Buy/Walmart/Radio Shack
    $299 - $100 IR - $150 Upgrade credit = $49.99 out the door PRE love.

ummmm the 299 price that has been released is for new customers or those eligable for an upgrade.........
    299 - 100 MIR is the price with your upgrade.

BB gives the MIR instant so it would be 199 OTD.
    700WX -> 800W -> Touch Diamond -> Pre?