1.    #1  
    For me, for years, I have gotten my new Sprint phones through a Representatives/Telesales. Most Representatives can order you a phone to be delivered next 2 business day. Plus I am a Premier Customer.

Is there any disadvantage to getting it over the phone, except waiting an extra day or two to get it. Usually they include the rebates in the price and charge it directly to my account. They can sometimes throw in accessories or other things to keep me or anyone else happy. When I have purchased it through telesales in the past, I have never had to send in a rebate, even when the phone advertised that the rebate was a mail in.

I hate waiting in lines or going to the store where there will be mobs trying to get this phone. I just want to call from the comfort of my house and be rest assured that the PRE will be here by that Tuesday. Plus, I like to open it myself and get free activation.

So who else is going through Telesales/Representatives?
    I'm doing both (actually, all three, as I'll be using my netbook to try ordering online while I'm on the road): I'll try to swing by the local BBY/Sprint store (they're within blocks of each other and 5 minutes from my house) and if I see any lines, I'll be on the phone with Telesales and trying their website.

Multi-tasking at its best!
    Yeah, I'm going to use Telesales. I don't know if they will, but as a Premier customer that's been out of contract for 6 months, I hope they'll be able to give me it for $200, without having to mail anything in, but we'll see.
    Interesting...I always figured they'd include the rebate in the box and make you mail it in. If in fact telesales does instant rebates, I'll definitely consider them!
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." óL. Ron Hubbard
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    I'm doing both (actually, all three, as I'll be using my netbook to try ordering online while I'm on the road): I'll try to swing by the local BBY/Sprint store (they're within blocks of each other and 5 minutes from my house) and if I see any lines, I'll be on the phone with Telesales and trying their website.

Multi-tasking at its best!
    I'm taking the same approach however, with 3 Best Buys, a Sprint store, a Walmart and a Radio Shack w/in 10 miles of me, I'm hoping to find one on release day.
    Just got off the phone with telesales and the rep said they DO do mail in rebates. Just as I thought, he said that they send the form in the box.
    Last edited by ImmaSlave4U; 05/20/2009 at 08:46 PM.
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." óL. Ron Hubbard
    i say do both. swing by the store in the morning and if all is kosher - buy it. if not, call telesales on your ride home and pick up a coffee and egg mcmuffin. simple, easy, efficient, and cost effective.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    I'm taking the same approach however, with 3 Best Buys, a Sprint store, a Walmart and a Radio Shack w/in 10 miles of me, I'm hoping to find one on release day.
    i would not buy from radio shack or walmart just on general principle.
  9. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Agreed. I'll probably go to the Sprint corporate store.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    i would not buy from radio shack or walmart just on general principle.
    Lol what's so bad about Radio Shack?
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmaSlave4U View Post
    Lol what's so bad about Radio Shack?
    Gizmodo - Radio Shack Employee Punches Out Customer Over Return - Radio shack punch out
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    An approach that attempts all options is smart, because if there are indeed only 375k (as rumored) units to be sold, they would have to be divided between Sprint Retailers, Best Buy, Radio Shack, Web sales and Telesales. I would think the Web and telesales' supply would be whatever is NOT sent to retail stores, making it very limited and a sell out will likely happen quickly. I would make sure that you have an assurance that you have an actual "piece" that is going to be immediately mailed out as opposed to a transaction that will be filled when the next supply comes.
    Last edited by rbcmd; 05/20/2009 at 09:10 PM.
  13. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Where do people keep getting that 375k number?
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    palm pre 375,000 - Google Search
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    from leaks by Palm executives to top industry analysts and reported in bloomberg.
    Palm May Cap Pre Stock at Under 400,000 to Add Cachet (Update3) - Bloomberg.com

Quote Originally Posted by ImmaSlave4U View Post
    Just got off the phone with telesales and the rep said they DO do mail in rebates. Just as I thought, he said that they send the form in the box.
    Lots of times the rebate doesn't come in the box but it is always online for printing.
    Quote Originally Posted by rbcmd View Post
    An approach that attempts all options is smart, because if there are indeed only 375k (as rumored) units to be sold, they would have to be divided between Sprint Retailers, Best Buy, Radio Shack, Web sales and Telesales. I would think the Web and telesales' supply would be whatever is NOT sent to retail stores, making it very limited and a sell out will likely happen quickly. I would make sure that you have an assurance that you have an actual "piece" that is going to be immediately mailed out as opposed to a transaction that will be filled when the next supply comes.
    If you are getting a new account there is no harm ordering from telesales and getting one in a store as well. Telesales has in fact canceled orders they took in the past when they run out.
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    One problem with online/tele is that just because you place the order doesn't necessarily mean you'll get it shipped right away. It could get backordered or delayed somehow so getting it local ensures you actually have one.

The other problem is sales tax. Being forced to do the rebate means you're paying 10% sales tax on $300 vs $200. That $10 could go towards something better.
    a Pre in the hand is worth two in the order system.
  18.    #18  
    So I will call at 12:01 AM on the 6 to order it from telesales. Ask if it is guaranteed or not. If not, I will go to Best Buy or Sprint Store and pick one up. I guess I have never got a phone on release day before. But, I do know I have gotten the phone at the price with the rebate, without sending the rebate in.
    Quote Originally Posted by dfine1966 View Post
    So I will call at 12:01 AM on the 6 to order it from telesales. Ask if it is guaranteed or not. If not, I will go to Best Buy or Sprint Store and pick one up. I guess I have never got a phone on release day before. But, I do know I have gotten the phone at the price with the rebate, without sending the rebate in.
    Order it anyway no matter what they say, then head to the store. you can always cancel or even if they ship return the telesales one.
    Quote Originally Posted by dfine1966 View Post
    7am est is when they'll start taking orders for the Pre