1.    #1  
    Just like the title says...shouldn't there be an online manual by now so we can start brushing up on our Pre-ness I would love to get familar with my new phone before I get it. What do you guys think?

Ken
    I can't remember the last time I saw a new product where the manual was actually posted online. I bet Palm will follow the Apple route and put up a video tour that shows how it all works.
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Seems to me that there was a Manual shown in the Unboxing Video that was posted a while back. There's gotta be a .pdf version floating around somewhere, probably locked in a safe at Palm HQ?
    “Wolves are the top of the food chain, and when the wolf population is healthy, all other animal and plant populations are healthy.” -- Lois Tulleners
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    I can't remember the last time I saw a new product where the manual was actually posted online. I bet Palm will follow the Apple route and put up a video tour that shows how it all works.
    The Treo Pro's manual is available on line. The phone only ships with a "Getting Started" pamphlet. I downloaded and printed the Pro's manual, it was worth it, one of the better service manuals I've seen.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    I sit corrected.
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    The manual eventually goes up with the FCC filing, but they've requested confidentiality for that for a while longer.
    The pre just entered the FCC today so it should not be a much longer now!
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    Unfortunately if you check the "request for confidentiality letter" it mentions that they can request for up to 180 days of confidentiality from the initial approval for things like the user manual to go up.
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    Indeed, i can't wait to try out the beast!
  10. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    I wonder how long a company gets when the request confidentiality on manuals/inside and outside shots/etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    I wonder how long a company gets when the request confidentiality on manuals/inside and outside shots/etc.
    Like I just said, they'll probably get 180 days according to the letter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    I sit corrected.
    Well, you better stand -the release date is just around the corner!