Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Speakers | D7 Highlights | AllThingsD

Palm has used the All Things D Conference for a product reveal before (even if it was the Foleo) so i'm guessing Jon will be talking up the Pre next week.

They probably (hopefully!) want to make some new announcements there, which seems a likely reason for the lack of new info other than the price and release date.
    I've seen that date earlier and before they announced the price/release date this week, I was betting they'd release it during AllThingsD.

But what else is there to announce? I'd love to be proved wrong, but I don't think they'll pull Jobs' "One More Thing".

Oh, and welcome!
    Good news! It will be a good chance to talk about the devices and future plans for the OS too. Being closer to release this may also be a big publicity push as well.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    But what else is there to announce? I'd love to be proved wrong, but I don't think they'll pull Jobs' "One More Thing".
    I think we know all the major features but there are still tons of details to discuss, as well as getting some hands-on reviews out there. I know one of the most anticipated reviews is from Mossberg, so it will be interesting to see what, if anything, he has to say about it at the conference.
    Agreed. The more general-consumption media covers the release, the better. I don't care so much about "beating" other devices but you do need a critical mass of adoption to drive future development.
    There are rumors that Palm did hold back some new features regarding the Pre.
    does anyone know what time? anyone live-blogging?
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    does anyone know what time? anyone live-blogging?
    I doesn't seem like the schedule is public yet.

"As a general policy, we do not release a detailed agenda prior to the conference. Instead, a program book with the complete schedule will be distributed to registered participants at the registration desk on-site."

Schedule | AllThingsD
    ...ha, just realized that there is one of the Sprint Palm Pre Countdown ads right on that schedule page I just posted. :-) The Pre is just taunting me!
    I think it would be pretty cool to bring out the Pre and the Foleo. I still think the foleo could replace my Dell Mini 9.
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk View Post
    I think it would be pretty cool to bring out the Pre and the Foleo. I still think the foleo could replace my Dell Mini 9.
    go kart can't replace a ferrari.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    go kart can't replace a ferrari.
    more like a go kart and a Yugo. only difference is a bigger body.
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    the fooleo was so ill conceived that it merits no further discussion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    the fooleo was so ill conceived that it merits no further discussion.
    If its a Foleo II running webOS it would.
    A linux based, 10 inch laptop form factor mobile device.

I'm pretty sure that is the exact description of the Android CupCake powered laptop dell is experimenting with and Asus is going to release.

Must be a crappy idea if two of the biggest laptop manufacturers are doing it.
    The ones I love..

Twittering about
    i am fervently hoping he would announce a Foleo on WebOS...

I have a strong feeling he will announce new hardware though, because Roger McNamee is also going to be interviewed... before Rubenstein. They cant talk of the same thing (software/hardware) now can they?
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk View Post
    A linux based, 10 inch laptop form factor mobile device.

I'm pretty sure that is the exact description of the Android CupCake powered laptop dell is experimenting with and Asus is going to release.

Must be a crappy idea if two of the biggest laptop manufacturers are doing it.
    Palm doesnt need to spend their (limited) money or focus on that right now. It isnt surprising that laptop makers have the time and money to explore new laptops form factors and OSs.
    Great place to show off the Pre and maybe announce some currently unknown features.
    Read on other threads that Palm may be using this lack of released previews/info/what have you, that they may be hiding something that could mean an epic win for palm.
    Idea behind the philosophy is that Nintendo didn't release details about remotes for the Wii until the last minute (just the statement claimed, I haven't personally looked that fact up). But either way, Palm COULD be hiding something. Let's hope they are
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Isn't this thing starting today? What do you think they will talk about? Anything Pre related?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast