Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Schedule

D7 will be held May 26 to May 28, 2009 at the elegant Four Seasons Resort Aviara. Below is a look at the preliminary schedule for the 2009 conference. Please note that this schedule is for general purposes only–all times are subject to change without notice.

As a general policy, we do not release a detailed agenda prior to the conference. Instead, a program book with the complete schedule will be distributed to registered participants at the registration desk on-site.

Schedule | AllThingsD
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    Schedule

D7 will be held May 26 to May 28, 2009 at the elegant Four Seasons Resort Aviara. Below is a look at the preliminary schedule for the 2009 conference. Please note that this schedule is for general purposes only–all times are subject to change without notice.

As a general policy, we do not release a detailed agenda prior to the conference. Instead, a program book with the complete schedule will be distributed to registered participants at the registration desk on-site.

Schedule | AllThingsD
    Thanks for the link, but that is about as vague a schedule as I've seen. It doesn't tell you anything. I'm just curious when Palm will be talking.
    Quote Originally Posted by dtokarz View Post
    Thanks for the link, but that is about as vague a schedule as I've seen. It doesn't tell you anything. I'm just curious when Palm will be talking.
    that was my point.

we'll have to wait for a leak. maybe twitter is good for something after all? keep checking and post.
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    that was my point.

we'll have to wait for a leak. maybe twitter is good for something after all? keep checking and post.
    I'm out of luck. Can't check twitter at work.
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    It's only 7am in Cali, so hopefully we'll know in a few hours.
    I think the earliest we'll hear anything it will be after 9pm EST:

Times in PST:
    8:00am Open-Play Golf
    12:00pm Conference Registration
    5:30pm Welcome Reception
    6:15pm Opening Session
    7:30pm Dinner
    9:00pm Nightcap Gathering
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Uh...buckle up. Roger McNamee is on the speaker list as well!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    I think the earliest we'll hear anything it will be after 9pm EST:

Times in PST:
    nah earliest we could hear would be at registration check-in when someone gets their program and twitters the detailed agenda to the free world.

OR maybe someone here will call or email the hotel Concierge and imply that they are a guest and aggressively ask him to look at the program and tell them when Ruby is speaking.

Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts Web Site
    Last edited by Gekko; 05/26/2009 at 10:02 AM.
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    A short write up here: A little primer for 'All Things Digital' meet.

I recall from reading the reports from past "D" conferences, the on-stage questioners don't tell anyone ahead of time, including the interview-ees, what the questions are going to be. Supposedly like the sunday morning politicaly talk shows, you don't know the questions, but everyone involved knows what the current hot topics are.

There were some pretty interesting exchanges in the past, video almost always availabl eon YouTube.
    Their focus needs to be APPS. This thing flops without critical mass and apps will drive critical mass. Nothing else will matter if they get that wrong. Sure, announcing another device to entice developers to build for WebOS could help, but getting the Pre right will mean much much more.
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanharig View Post
    Palm doesnt need to spend their (limited) money or focus on that right now.
    I find it hilarious when people with no inside knowledge or seat on the board of a company and personally aware of its finances make up trash like this Haha
    Um, o.k. It is now after 5 EST. News?
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    <Crickets>
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    I don't care what time they'll speak, I just want to know how long til it's released. I remember when Gates and Jobs had their one on one there, it did not come out until a day or so later.
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    The event is on the west coast and the open session doesn't start until 6:15 PST. So I am guessing nothing until 9pm EST. Does anyone even know if Palm speaks tonight? It could be tomorrow or Thursday.
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    I don't care what time they'll speak, I just want to know how long til it's released. I remember when Gates and Jobs had their one on one there, it did not come out until a day or so later.
    Until what is released?
    News on the conference.

/edit: Check out Engadget's liveblogging link (who were much faster on posting about it than last year -maybe because of the Pre?):

We're live on the ground at D7, and you can expect some pretty interesting coverage from us this week, including liveblogs of keynotes from Palm's Jon Rubinstein, Steve Ballmer, Olli-Pekka Kallasvuo of Nokia, and Mike Lazaradis from RIM.
    Since it's 3 days long, I actually now care what DAY Rubinstein will speak.
    http://www.engadget.com/2009/05/26/e...arrives-at-d7/
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Well, like I said in a post earlier, the session doesn't start until 6:15 PST. News could come late tonight.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Goyena View Post
    Uh...buckle up. Roger McNamee is on the speaker list as well!!!
    I wonder if Magic Man McNamee is still being leashed, or if we're gonna get some fun times during his keynote...

My suggestion - get the pot brownies in the oven, friends, it's McNamee Time!
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Libb View Post
    I wonder if Magic Man McNamee is still being leashed, or if we're gonna get some fun times during his keynote...

My suggestion - get the pot brownies in the oven, friends, it's McNamee Time!
    Sheesh! Roger makes one hyperbolic comment and instantly his forever toast. We owe Roger big time. He was the only Pre news leak early on.

We still have not seen some of what he outed.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast