Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1.    #1  
    Did Palm announce this yet? As innovative as the Pre is the battery life is whats ultimately going to make or break my decision. Sorry if this is a repost but I tried searching, Googling, even went on Palm's website but could not find any solid answers as to what the battery life is on the Pre. With only a little over 2 weeks left until launch, I'm surprised they didn't announce this yet. Anyone know the answer to this??
  2. #2  
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    I've read this article and as good as it sounds it still begs the question. If the battery life will "knock our socks off" then why haven't they released this info as a selling point? Hopefully we'll hear something soon..
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    This is not exactly impressive evidence, though it is promising. I'm really interested in what someone thinks about the battery life after a week or two. Experiments and numerical results would be even better.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
  5. #5  
    Hopefully we will. In the meantime, sit tight. All will be answered quite soon.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
  6. #6  
    Yeah, I also want to know if it will have visual voicemail and voice dialing???? Come on Palm!! Does anyone else find it strange that Palm has yet to even give a demo of the Pre actually making a phone call? I mean, when the iPhone was first introduced, Apple gave a detailed demo of the iPhone's phone features. I have only seen one brief video where a call was placed but you couldn't even see the screen to confirm what was going on. Seems a little fishy to me.
  7. #7  
    Word is from my local sprint store is battery life is good. He said, " It better than the touch diamond and the touch pro." He also stated, "The battery gets HOT when you are watching youtube videos."
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by imthatguy704 View Post
    Word is from my local sprint store is battery life is good. He said, " It better than the touch diamond and the touch pro." He also stated, "The battery gets HOT when you are watching youtube videos."
    Sounds almost like he said, "Better than a Palm V, but much worse than a Texas Instruments TI-83 Plus."

    Battery life on the pre will be interesting... hopefully palm will pull a rabbit out the hat and hit a home run with the battery. It is going to be interesting once people start using the phone and ALL the apps... hmm... like to see what an extended battery would look like on the phone....
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  9. fry8's Avatar
    Posts
    66 Posts
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    #9  
    Looks like we'll just have to play with it and see how long the battery lasts before it needs another charge.
  10. #10  
    It does not matter. For some reason I seem to never get good life out of batteries no matter what the device is. My Treo is not bad usually but as soon as I stream with it, DRAIN!!!

    I am sure I will have to carry my power to go at times. Great to have though if you do not have one
    I have two sizes.

    Amazon.com: Black & Decker CPI20XB 20 Watt Power To Go Cordless AC/USB Power Supply: Home Improvement

    Amazon.com: Black & Decker 10 Watt Power To Go Cordless Compact AC/USB Power Supply #CPI10B (Black): Home Improvement
    Last edited by Paladin; 05/29/2009 at 09:07 AM.
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

    Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

    Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by jameskk View Post
    Yeah, I also want to know if it will have visual voicemail and voice dialing???? Come on Palm!! Does anyone else find it strange that Palm has yet to even give a demo of the Pre actually making a phone call? I mean, when the iPhone was first introduced, Apple gave a detailed demo of the iPhone's phone features. I have only seen one brief video where a call was placed but you couldn't even see the screen to confirm what was going on. Seems a little fishy to me.
    I don't know about voice dialing but no visual voicemail on the Pre, unfortunately.

    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...voicemail.html
  12. krische's Avatar
    Posts
    421 Posts
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Paladin View Post
    It does not matter. For some reason I seem to never get good life out of batteries no matter what the device is. My Treo is not bad usually but as soon as I stream with it, DRAIN!!!

    I am sure I will have to carry my power to go at times. Great to have though if you do not have one
    I have two sizes.

    Amazon.com: Black & Decker CPI20XB 20 Watt Power To Go Cordless AC/USB Power Supply: Home Improvement

    Amazon.com: Black & Decker 10 Watt Power To Go Cordless Compact AC/USB Power Supply #CPI10B (Black): Home Improvement
    Or just buy a spare battery and carry that with you. The battery is removable after all.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by krische View Post
    Or just buy a spare battery and carry that with you. The battery is removable after all.
    Not only that but they are tiny and thin. 2 fit in my wallet side by side in the same space it would take to put 5-6 credit cards.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
  14. frediev's Avatar
    Posts
    112 Posts
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    #14  
    I just saw sprint documentation where they claim the Pre has up to 5 hours of talk time. This is disapointing since by 800w has a similar battery and they claim it gets up to 4.5 hours talk time. My battery is almost a year old and I'm a heavy user unfortunatly I have to charge it 2 to 3 times a day. By far the weakest point about the phone.

    Inside Sprint Now

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions