Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26
  1.    #1  
    Spoke with one of the store advocates in KC, MO and asked about the pre launch party at the store and he told me that if you didn't get an email that you could not attend, but that all the other stores in the area are closing at 4 o'clock on the 5th and setting up for at 6 o'clock they are going to allow premier members to come in and buy the pre a day earlier than regular customers! So only one store in KC is confirmed to be having a launch party for a VIP guess list, but all the other stores are opening at 6 to allow premier members to purchase the pre early but no party at those stores!! So it's good and bad news, but i personally don't care about the party as long as I can get the phone early!!
  2. #2  
    Hey, which store in KCMO is that? I went to the one in Leawood by the Sprint Corp Headquarters and the guy I talked to had no idea that they were closing early the 5th, or that there was supposedly a launch party. Is it the one on the Plaza?
  3. #3  
    Go to the Sprint website and pull up stores near you using the store locator. I noticed that several near me had little notes stating they had special hours on 6/5 and 6/6. Think that should be enough to left people know which stores are opening at 6pm for Premier customers
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by davetati View Post
    Go to the Sprint website and pull up stores near you using the store locator. I noticed that several near me had little notes stating they had special hours on 6/5 and 6/6. Think that should be enough to left people know which stores are opening at 6pm for Premier customers
    very nice catch!!!!!! but doubtful that this means launch party since the verbiage seems to be on every store's contact info.


    SPECIAL STORE HOURS ON 6/5 & 6/6

    We will close early at 4 p.m. on June 5. We’ll open early at 8 a.m. on June 6 to begin selling the Palm© Pre™. Normal business hours will resume on Sunday, June 7.
  5. #5  
    Further, there is no mention of reopening at 6pm for Premier customers (party or not).
    --Inspector Gadget

    "Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

    Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
  6.    #6  
    I didn't find anything on paper about the party or early premier members purchases, this came directly from the store advocate of the pre, in which he stated his store was having a party and on the 5th for the VIP's and that all the other stores would open back up at 6pm for premier members to purchase the pre early but no party, but like I said this is from the store advocate so take of it what you will!
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget View Post
    Further, there is no mention of reopening at 6pm for Premier customers (party or not).
    that'll be in your special invite, should you choose to accept it.

  8. deltatko's Avatar
    Posts
    46 Posts
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    #8  
    The party in KC is at the flagship store in the Power and Light District, a block or so from the Sprint center.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by deltatko View Post
    The party in KC is at the flagship store in the Power and Light District, a block or so from the Sprint center.
    maybe Hesse will be there and you can bust his chops.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    that'll be in your special invite, should you choose to accept it.

    Hahaha! An invite I have yet to receive... even though I'm a Premier customer. Oh well. An extra few hours won't make much difference to me. It's not like they're giving us a week to be exclusive.
    --Inspector Gadget

    "Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

    Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
  11. #11  
    When I looked up stores in my area out of the 4, 3 of them had the message about special hours.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    very nice catch!!!!!! but doubtful that this means launch party since the verbiage seems to be on every store's contact info.


    SPECIAL STORE HOURS ON 6/5 & 6/6

    We will close early at 4 p.m. on June 5. We’ll open early at 8 a.m. on June 6 to begin selling the Palm© Pre™. Normal business hours will resume on Sunday, June 7.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by davetati View Post
    When I looked up stores in my area out of the 4, 3 of them had the message about special hours.
    all corporate? no "Sprint Store by XYZ"?
  13. #13  
    Gekko, that's a good question. I spoke with someone at a particular Sprint store and they told me it was just corporate stores that were doing the 6pm Pre event. When I was looking at the stores though there was one Sprint store which was a Sprint store by XYZ that also had the special hours. I called them and left a message but no reply so far. If they don't call me back I'll drop in and ask them on Friday.
  14. #14  
    my guess is this -

    June 5

    Sprint Premier PARTY with Cocktails/Music etc. - SELECT Corporate Stores (a few major markets)

    Sprint Premier "Come in and buy early" - ALL Corporate Stores

    the emails just haven't all gone out yet.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    my guess is this -

    June 5

    Sprint Premier PARTY with Cocktails/Music etc. - SELECT Corporate Stores (a few major markets)

    Sprint Premier "Come in and buy early" - ALL Corporate Stores

    the emails just haven't all gone out yet.
    agreed...thats fine by me...i dont care about a party! i just want my Pre!
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by abarrera View Post
    agreed...thats fine by me...i dont care about a party! i just want my Pre!
    Same here.
    --Inspector Gadget

    "Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

    Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
  17. Xyg
    Xyg is offline
    Xyg's Avatar
    Posts
    1,104 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    #17  


    All of the stores near me have special hours.
  18. #18  
    Yeah, same here. All ~15 stores in a 50 mile radius (Including mostly ...By Marshall Wireless stores) have "Special Hours".
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknight View Post
    Yeah, same here. All ~15 stores in a 50 mile radius (Including mostly ...By Marshall Wireless stores) have "Special Hours".
    Same here. So there's no way to know which is hosting a party if you didn't get an invitation.
    --Inspector Gadget

    "Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

    Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    my guess is this -

    June 5

    Sprint Premier PARTY with Cocktails/Music etc. - SELECT Corporate Stores (a few major markets)

    Sprint Premier "Come in and buy early" - ALL Corporate Stores

    the emails just haven't all gone out yet.
    exactly what i was thinking. i mean, really... what kinda celebs are they gonna get to come to podunk, usa? none.

    i can't imagine they did it for the instinct but won't do it for the pre, which is shaping up to make a much bigger splash.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions