Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    hmmm. For the love that is all good and holy, why? I just dont understand. I love VVM. The iPhone has had it for 3 years now. The Storm has had it since launch. Why cant Palm do this?
    Hi guys! Long time lurker, first time poster. But remember, Palm will be able to send updates to webOS over the air. So don't think some of these features will never happen. It may very well happen sooner rather than later.
  3. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Well, @palm_inc did not say explicitly that there is no visual voicemail. Perhaps it's just a miscommunication!
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

I am sure that one day someone will be able to make an app to enable it...or maybe Palm/Sprint will enable it in an OS update!
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Honestly, I hope that this isnt the case for long...if its true! Visual Voice Mail is a great feature that shouldnt be left out for too long.

But in the meanwhile, Google Voice needs to come out of Beta!
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Folks' angst at this point should be with Sprint more than Palm. Visual Voice Mail "the application" on the Pre likely is straightforward to create, but the backend stuff has to be there in Sprint's network. Hopefully it's just a matter of when.....
    Bok
  7. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Bok, Sprint does have a phone that supports VVM
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    Well, @palm_inc did not say explicitly that there is no visual voicemail. Perhaps it's just a miscommunication!
    No miscommunication at all if you read this: Twitter / Kirk Yuhnke: @palm_inc have you guys sa ...
    @palm_inc have you guys said if the #pre does visual voicemail???

It's not make or break but it would've been nice. As The Phone Diva mentioned it's a luxury. It's not a necessity.
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

Sprint customer since 2001
    Just wait until it comes out, that's all I got to say.

I think I remember when somebody asked those guys on twitter if the Pre will have an emulator and they said no. Then a month or 2 later, BAM.... Classic.
    ... just to add this point. There is a VVM App for Android, even though TMO does not support VVM. I'm not sure how it works, but my girlfriend uses it all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krod301 View Post
    Just wait until it comes out, that's all I got to say.
    I am waiting!
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
  12. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Yes, I followed the original tweet. I'm just holding on to the idea that it was a miscommunication or @palm_inc was responding to a different tweet in hopes that there is still VVM.
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Hopefully it was a miscommunication or something. Hopefully it will have it, but when you look at the dialing pad on the pre (see picture below) it shows those two circles and line, which is a symbol for voicemail. I would highly doubt that the voicemail icon is just to connect to sprint's voicemail server, because one can just hit "1" and hit send and they're at the sprint voicemail server.
    This one is more recent....

I thought about this a little more, maybe after you dial a number that is not saved in your contacts the bottom changes to "Add to Contacts" but if you don't dial anything then the voicemail and call log buttons stay there.
    Last edited by Krod301; 05/20/2009 at 05:09 PM.
    what's voicemail? Is that the thing I call once every 6 months and furiously hit "7"
  16. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Oh, you actually delete them? I just hit # until I get to the one I want. Very time consuming.
    An app can fix this. Android has 3. This won't be an issue for long at all.
  18. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    In my research in trying to find a VVM for my current 8130, I've found a lot of information suggesting that sprint charges $.20 per VM for forwarding VM's to a 3rd party. True/False?
    Oh, you actually delete them? I just hit # until I get to the one I want. Very time consuming.
    I delete them. I've never had any reason to keep a voicemail longer than the time it took me to listen to it.
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    I haven't checked my voicemail in so long (and never actually listened to the lady giving instructions) that i'm not clear on the commands, I simply call it and hit 7 several times with the phone often in my lap. I call people back immediately and friends/fam have learned to no longer waste their/my time.

We will soon just SYNERGIZE and missed calls will be a thing of the past!
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast