Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Ok... please tell me if i'm wrong in my understanding of the plan for PRE. Here is my comparison on costs without discounts being applied for either. I am including insurance to be equal on both. 5 phones. 2 being premier phones. All phones having picturemail/MMS/texting/web capabilities.

FamilyTalk 1400min

$89.00 per month (covers 2 iphones)
    $9.99 for extra non iphone
    iPhone Dataplans = $30 + $30 = $60 for 2 iphones
    Family Texting/Pictures/etc on all phones = $30
    $4.99 insurance on each non iphone = $15 for 3 phones.
    $5/month 3rd party insurance via square = $10/month
    ***Adding $10/month for FAMILY DATA UNLIMITED***
    ...this will provide for web, email, etc.

= $245/month + taxes for 5 phones (2 being iPhones) at 1400 minutes.
    Additionally.... Add:
    $16.99 add-on to move the nights/weekends to 7pm-7am to match Sprint (if u need this)
    $10 - $40 for AT&T Navigator & AT&T TV Basic/Plus (if you use this)

EverythingData 1500 minutes

$129 per month (covers 2 PREs)
    $20 for extra non PRE phone
    $7x5phones for insurance = $35

= $224/month + taxes for 5 phones (2 being PREs) at 1500 minutes.
    ---------

Many people have been stating that you are going to pay "WAY MORE" for AT&T service plans, but unless i'm mistaken somewhere above, I'm just not seeing the "way" in the more.
    I did not take into account the discounts available on either side, but lets consider that individuals can get discounts on both (or either) that are equal I'm sure.

Does anyone who feels AT&T is so much more cost than the Everything Plan, see anything wrong with my information above?
    Last edited by jmeray; 05/20/2009 at 03:40 PM.
    - Jabra JX10
    - IBM Thinkpad
    - Hot chick Avatar

...ahhh, life is good.
    All of those extra "non-PRE" phones will have unlimited data as well...with At&t you don't. If you did, you would have to pay $20 to $30 more PER phone per month depending on which phone you got.
    Iphone = AT&T crapy 3g netwrork for one
    $40 for plan $30 for data plus 20 for txt msgs =$90

Palm Pre = Sprint best 3g network in the nation
    $70 - 27% corperate discount = $51.99 - $15 retention hooked me up to get of my bill every month = $36.99, this is extremely close to sero. haha
    Depends on the plan.

Sprint Everything 450

$69.99

- 450 minutes
    - unlimited text
    - unlimited data

ATT iPhone Plan

$89.99

- 450 minutes: $39.99
    - unlimited data: $30
    - unlimited text: $20

----------------------------------------------------
    ATT is $480 more over the course of a 2 year contract
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Sprint Simply Everything

$99.99

- unlimited minutes
    - unlimited text
    - unlimited data

ATT Unlimited Plan

$139.99

- unlimited minutes and data: $119
    - unlimited text: $20

-----------------------------------------------------
    ATT is $960 more over a 2-year contract
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gibsonhtp View Post
    All of those extra "non-PRE" phones will have unlimited data as well...with At&t you don't. If you did, you would have to pay $20 to $30 more PER phone depending on which phone you got.
    Actually the $30 Unlimited Messaging includes unlimited data, web, text, pictures for the NON PRE phones.
    - Jabra JX10
    - IBM Thinkpad
    - Hot chick Avatar

...ahhh, life is good.
    I thought it was $15 a phone on the family plans.
    Well, there is a problem that I see with your comparison:

You neglect the fact that with AT&T only your iPhones have data. Your other three phones do not under that plan. With Sprint, ALL five of the phones have access to data unlimited, plus Sprint TV, Navigation, etc. assuming they can support such apps. But at the very least even the simplest feature phone these days can access the web.

What would it cost to also equip the 3 non-iPhones with data? If you're going to compare the plans, then make them equal across the board.

...Adding...

I see I'm a little slow with my posting, as others have already stated some of what I've pointed out. Anyway, please clarify if the $30 texting/pictures, etc. entry includes "unlimited" data for web browsing across all non-iPhone phones.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post

$70 - 27% corperate discount = $51.99 - $15 retention hooked me up to get of my bill every month = $36.99, this is extremely close to sero. haha
    I'm sure many will agree & disagree on the "crappy vs best" comment so lets focus on the numbers.
    I can't include discounts. People on AT&T get 10%-50% off, which would blow your SERO amounts away in some cases, so lets not discuss discounts.

I'm just trying to find out why people say you will pay SO MUCH MORE at AT&T. I do appreciate your response though.
    - Jabra JX10
    - IBM Thinkpad
    - Hot chick Avatar

...ahhh, life is good.
    Also isnt there a rumor that AT&T might lower the iPhone data plans?
    Quote Originally Posted by jmeray View Post
    Actually the $30 Unlimited Messaging includes unlimited data, web, text, pictures for the NON PRE phones.
    doesn't include data though, only messaging (text, picture, instant messaging) This is copied from At&t's website.

Messaging Unlimited for Families
    The freedom of messaging wherever, whenever, and however much the entire family wants. You're all in on the action with unlimited text, picture, video, and Instant Messaging (IM) messages within the U.S.
    View Details
    You need a compatible plan and phone to get this feature.
    See compatible: Phones and Plans
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget View Post
    Well, there is a problem that I see with your comparison:

You neglect the fact that with AT&T only your iPhones have data. Your other three phones do not under that plan. With Sprint, ALL five of the phones have access to data unlimited, plus Sprint TV, Navigation, etc. assuming they can support such apps. But at the very least even the simplest feature phone these days can access the web.

What would it cost to also equip the 3 non-iPhones with data? If you're going to compare the plans, then make them equal across the board.
    Hi Inspector! I do include data for the other non iphones. The $30 family Unlimited Messaging plan includes the following for the non iphones:

The freedom of messaging wherever, whenever, and however much the entire family wants. You're all in on the action with unlimited text, picture, video, and Instant Messaging (IM) messages within the U.S.

however, it is the WEB & EMAIL you speak of, yes, true... add $10/month for FAMILY DATA UNLIMITED to get web, email, etc unlimited for all non iphones.
    - Jabra JX10
    - IBM Thinkpad
    - Hot chick Avatar

...ahhh, life is good.
    Last month my family completely switched over to AT&T from our 3000 Minutes Everything plan with Sprint to try the iPhone.

Our cost monthly with Sprint for 3000 minutes was 179.99 for four phones.

Our cost monthly with AT&T for a comparable plan with only 2000 minutes was 289.99 for four phones.

Sprint provides a 20% discount for my work and AT&T provides a 15% discount.

Needless to say, the iPhone is nice, but it's not 100$ more a month nice, we are back with Sprint now.
    Hi Inspector! I do include data for the other non iphones. The $30 family Unlimited Messaging plan includes the following for the non iphones:

however, it is the WEB & EMAIL you speak of, yes, true... add $10/month for FAMILY DATA UNLIMITED to get web, email, etc unlimited for all non iphones.
    I think that is what he meant. Text and MMS/SMS isn't the same as a data plan. Data means you can use the web, download, stream, etc. and not get charged per kilobyte.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gibsonhtp View Post
    doesn't include data though, only messaging (text, picture, instant messaging) This is copied from At&t's website.

Messaging Unlimited for Families
    View Details
    You need a compatible plan and phone to get this feature.
    See compatible: Phones and Plans
    Agreed. Add $10/month for the FAMILY DATA UNLIMITED add-on.
    - Jabra JX10
    - IBM Thinkpad
    - Hot chick Avatar

...ahhh, life is good.

Ah, I see. Yes, I was speaking of uninhibited web/e-mail/internet access. So what you're saying is that to match Sprint, you would need to pay $40/month for family's non-iPhones instead of $30. That needs to be added to your total then for a fair comparison.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    So if we dont have any other changes people can see.
    Its about $20/month more per month for comparable plan/etc on AT&T.
    Depending on your personal individual discounts, you can pay more or less on SPRINT.

Additionally, if your 3,4,5 phones dont need email, web, and only need picture & textmsging, then you can save $10/month more on AT&T.

What i dont like, is Sprint stating you have to pay $19 per phone, even if the phone cannot do data stuff (like for mom, dad, grandma, etc). It would be nice if they had a $9 add-on for phones that dont do (or people that wont be using) features above textmsg & picturemail.
    - Jabra JX10
    - IBM Thinkpad
    - Hot chick Avatar

...ahhh, life is good.
    You'd also need to add AT&T navigator and AT&T Mobile TV feature since the Sprint plans include Nav as well as SprintTV.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget View Post
    Ah, I see. Yes, I was speaking of uninhibited web/e-mail/internet access. So what you're saying is that to match Sprint, you would need to pay $40/month for family's non-iPhones instead of $30. That needs to be added to your total then for a fair comparison.
    Yep, thanks i added it at the top of the thread.
    - Jabra JX10
    - IBM Thinkpad
    - Hot chick Avatar

...ahhh, life is good.
    There is much more to all of this...At&t navigator is $10/m...Also that "family data unlimited" is not available for PDA/smartphones...sprint tv, mobile, music, etc...

This is all included with the Sprint plan you mentioned in the original post on ALL phones that have the capabilities.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post

I can't speak for whose carrier gets what discount, but your Sprint plan is totally SICK! That looks about as close to free as you're gonna get.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast