1.    #1  
    Since Best Buy has confirmed that they'll sell the Pre w/o rebates ($199+tax), I'm wondering what is Sprint's policy when it comes to supporting handsets bought outside of Sprint?

Not talking about the 30-day return policy (or however long it is) but after that, say, if there's a hardware issue -will they force you to deal with Palm directly?
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Sprint phones are CDMA, and Sprint only activates their own phones, i.e. Sprint branded CDMA phones, which includes all Pre's sold thru BB, Wally World and 'Shack. Previously Sprint referred customers to the manufacturer for any 1-year warranty issues, however with the recent customer service improvements, Sprint CSRs now handle warranty issues and Sprint does in-warranty replacements themselves. (Note that T-Mobile has been doing that since the beginning.)
    Last edited by haydur; 05/20/2009 at 02:09 PM.
    I would guess Authorized Resellers will be Honored.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    Since Best Buy has confirmed that they'll sell the Pre w/o rebates ($199+tax), I'm wondering what is Sprint's policy when it comes to supporting handsets bought outside of Sprint?

Not talking about the 30-day return policy (or however long it is) but after that, say, if there's a hardware issue -will they force you to deal with Palm directly?
    Sprint will still fix and/or replace your phone if deemed not fixable. It doesn't matter where you bought the phone. I have a phone from BB, one from ebay, and one from sprint. And, they have been worked on and replaced at my local sprint store(mind you I have TEP).

*NOTE*
    If you do not have TEP on your account then Sprint will charge you for any maintenence and/or any replacements to your phone.
  5. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by haydur View Post
    Sprint phones are CDMA, and Sprint only activates their own phones, i.e. Sprint branded CDMA phones, which includes all Pre's sold thru BB, Wally World and 'Shack. Previously Sprint referred customers to the manufacturer for any 1-year warranty issues, however with the recent customer service improvements, Sprint CSRs now handle warranty issues and Sprint does in-warranty replacements themselves. (Note that T-Mobile has been doing that since the beginning.)
    I can second this. They sent me a bunk 8130 in the replacement program (asurion or whatever) that had strange firmware on it. After 100000 hours on the phone (they're follow through was voracious, which I certainly appreciate), sprint overnighted me a replacement.