1.    #1  
    Hey,

I'm looking to get a Pre and recently, my old LG chocolat just died. I really need a phone the weekend of June 5-7th, so you can see where my dilema is. Any suggestions for how to get a working phone for that week, and still be able to get a sweet Pre? I was thinking of renewing my verizon contract, and then canceling it and returning the phone to get a Pre, but that seems risky.

Any suggestions are appreciated. I'd prefer to not have to get a used phone from craigslist if at all possible.
    Cheap prepaid Virgin Mobile phone?
    go buy a used phone on craigslist
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberkrack View Post
    Hey,

I'm looking to get a Pre and recently, my old LG chocolat just died. I really need a phone the weekend of June 5-7th, so you can see where my dilema is. Any suggestions for how to get a working phone for that week, and still be able to get a sweet Pre? I was thinking of renewing my verizon contract, and then canceling it and returning the phone to get a Pre, but that seems risky.

Any suggestions are appreciated. I'd prefer to not have to get a used phone from craigslist if at all possible.
    Buy a cheap VZW prepaid phone and try to activate it on your account. Other option is buy one on Ebay. Pretty sure there is plenty of sub 50 dollar options.
    Phone history with Sprint since April 2001: Kyocera QCP-2035, LG Touchpoint 1100, Samsung i500, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Treo 755p, HTC Mogul, Blackberry 8830, Samsung A900M, Motorola ic902, Blackberry Curve 8330, Samsung Instinct, HTC Touch, Treo 800w, Touch Diamond, Touch Pro, Motorola i9, Treo Pro (personal)/Iphone 3G 16GB (gone to make room for Pre), Palm Pre, blackberry tour, iPhone 3GS 32GB
    ^ What they said

You can get a flip on craigslist for $20-30 usually and have them activate that for a few weeks. If you can't find one, spend a few bucks on a prepaid but they aren't as cheap.
  6.    #6  
    Can you link the prepaid phones to your current acct?
    I bought a instinct on craigslist to hold me over. I started my account with it saving my new customer discount for the pre. So I'm on sprint w/ a feature phone