Voters
122. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

69 56.56%
  • No

53 43.44%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Yeah I pay $55 before taxes....

Corporate discount...plus i can still get other discounts.

Honestly, it made more sense to me...as I use my GPS often on my blackberry. Plus NFL network has come in handy more than once this year.
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DougB541 View Post
    Honestly, it made more sense to me...as I use my GPS often on my blackberry. Plus NFL network has come in handy more than once this year.
    You do realize that GPS is a feature of the phone and it's not that hard to enable Telenav on a PDA/PPC (while being on the SERO)... NFL is another story.
    I don't really care either way, if I see something about SERO I just skip over it?

I'll vote yes to back ya' up though.
    SERO users should have their own site or area of the forum that they can go to...im tired of seeing it everywhere too...it's over people...get over it!!!
  5. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Replace every instance of SERO with the word YAMS.

Trust me on this.
    Quote Originally Posted by abarrera View Post
    SERO users should have their own site or area of the forum that they can go to...im tired of seeing it everywhere too...it's over people...get over it!!!
    It's not over till the fat lady sings, and I don't even hear her warming up.....

Seriouslly, SERO is a plan, not a technology. Personally, I get tired of hearing all the controversy about plans in general but I don't think they should be censored or anything like that. In fact, there is already a forum where they can be discussed, the GSM & CDMA sub-forums here that are carrier based. What is causing all the hoopla here is whether that plan will be allowed to be carried forward to a new phone. That is a legitimate concern for many people. Obviously it has to be given the number of postings that are all over this forum. But mixed in with all of these posting are concern from members who have had other plans for years, and will they be able to carry their plans over. I don't hear anyone wanting to censor those discussions even though those plans are long gone as well. Lighten up, folks, it's a phone, not the end of the world. If reading about the SERO gives you heartburn, don't read about, pure and simple.
    Last edited by ivhs72; 05/20/2009 at 02:51 PM.
    Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    All you anti-SERO-post folks need to get a grip. Don't segregate them, they'll feed off each other. You think the whining is bad now, imagine what it would be like after a few days of propping each other up!!

Besides, if you tried to censor it, it would just become $ERO.

Let 'em post, throw things back at them. It helps them to vent, plus the color cange to red then purple on their faces is interesting.
    I don't believe in censorship unless something seriously offensive is being posted. If you see a SERO thread, pass it up if it bothers you that much.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Hey I am okay with SERO customers crying and throwing a fit and putting their foot down and not getting the Pre because of not being able to keep their plan. All that means to me and everyone else is having to fight one less person for the Pre.

So I thank all you spoiled brat SERO users
    Quote Originally Posted by Banger View Post

Hey, c'mon, let's not start name calling. Had enough of that over in the Treo Pro section.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Actually, I just checked and it's still possible (although difficult) to get a $30 SERO line. Do a Google search for "clone sero" and you'll find several pages about it with people saying they've managed to do this as recently as yesterday. Of course, there are some hoops you have to jump through (like either already having or knowing someone who has the SERO plan) but it is possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Banger View Post
    Hey I am okay with SERO customers crying and throwing a fit and putting their foot down and not getting the Pre because of not being able to keep their plan. All that means to me and everyone else is having to fight one less person for the Pre.

This is pretty funny, and ironic since what I see is jealous(?) non sero customers crying and whining.

If you are paying full price on anything on Sprint you are overpaying that has been the rule with sprint for 13 years and it ain't changing.

If you are new to sprint you pay the standard rates. I did when I was young and dumb. After a while you realize discounts can always be had.

Quote Originally Posted by vga4life View Post
    Jealous much?
    Should we also censor the words "Friends & Family" since those plans aren't offered any more? What about "Vision" and "Power Vision?"
    This is a pretty silly thread. It also has nothing to do with the Pre.
    Thank you. The OP and others don't realize that Sprint keeps its plans for customers and most customers do not change from plans that are no longer offered to new customers.

I have a five line fair and flex plan and a strongly discounted one at that and Sprint has promised I can place pre on all my lines with casual EVDO and that they would be new customer pricing for the two lines up in June.
    LOL I love this thread.

I say if you get upset with SERO just don't click. These threads are GOING to be made no matter what we say so I would just ignore them if it upsets you
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    This is pretty funny, and ironic since what I see is jealous(?) non sero customers crying and whining.
    If you are new to sprint you pay the standard rates. I did when I was young and dumb. After a while you realize discounts can always be had.
    If I had been paying half the price of what everyone else is paying. Cool, but I however would not throw a fit because I could not keep that price point. Prices change and I can live with that but it seems some users can't.

Yes discounts can be had and thats fine and dandy but I would not cry in my beer if at some point that discount was no longer there.

I do however apologize for calling all SERO users spoiled brats there are some that understand if they want to get the Pre that might have to switch plans and they seem generally okay with it, I am sure they would prefer not having to and I am sure they will try to stay on it but at the end of the day if they want the Pre they will change plans and will not act like its the end of the world.

I am also thankful that the SERO users and taking that stand as I mentioned before as that just makes more phones available to those users who are willing to switch plans or pay X amount. I will be perfectly happy to pay ~ 25$ (with 1000 minutes and unlimited txting and such) more a month for the phone I want to own.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    I made the siggy below temporarily for now hehe
    Made this just for fun...I'm Kermit

16.    #56  
    OMG... that's hysterical....
    palm m103 > palm m130 > palm TlX > 755p > PRE (FINALLY!!!!)
  17.    #57  
    I don't care if SERO people have SERO plans.... i'm just tired of all the questions... we've answered them a BILLION TIMES!!!!

SERO was a highly discounted friends and family plan that sprint discontinued...

No you can't get a pre on SERO...

No you can't get SERO anymore....

How many seconds before someone asks one of these with a new thread....
    palm m103 > palm m130 > palm TlX > 755p > PRE (FINALLY!!!!)
    Can I keep my SERO plan if I already have unlimited data?

Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  19. d94
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    to by a gypsy yes you can get your friends on sero if you already have sero yourself check SD for that one

but yeah..we wont know foresure till the phones released. personally im not gunna give up my plan without some kinda fight otherwise ill upgrade my plan then switch it over to an employee one
    palm pro > visor > m100 > visor prism > clie sl30 > zire 71 > dell X5 > toshiba E755 > clie NX70 > ipaq 2200 > Treo 700w (verizon) > Treo 700wx (sprint) > Treo 755p (sprint) > HTC Mogul > HTC Diamond > HTC Touch Pro > Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdavis55 View Post
    I don't care if SERO people have SERO plans.... i'm just tired of all the questions... we've answered them a BILLION TIMES!!!!

SERO was a highly discounted friends and family plan that sprint discontinued...

No you can't get a pre on SERO...

No you can't get SERO anymore....

How many seconds before someone asks one of these with a new thread....
    No, no, no, and no you don't know what you are talking about.

SERO rules!!!!!!!

Seriously, we will find out soon enough.. until then we don't know for sure what will be the deal with sero... anything in either direction is a guess at this point... although, I'm 100% sure I'll have my pre with sero (but that is a different story).

As someone else already mentioned, there were those who said the instink could not get sero... that eventually happened for those in the know. Really, with sprint no is never no... even though we have not heard a no....

Can I buy a "y". lol

SERO!!!!!
    SERO!!!!!
    SERO!!!!!
    SERO!!!!!
    SERO!!!!!
    SERO!!!!!
    SERO!!!!!
    SERO!!!!!
    SERO!!!!!
    SERO!!!!!
    SERO!!!!!
    SERO!!!!!
    SERO!!!!!
    SERO!!!!!
    SERO!!!!!
    SERO!!!!!
    SERO!!!!!
    SERO!!!!!
    SERO!!!!!
    SERO!!!!!
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast