Voters
122. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

69 56.56%
  • No

53 43.44%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdavis55 View Post
    No kidding.... Be careful when ruffling the feathers of a SERO person....

Their way or the Highway....
    Learn to live with it - there will always be people on SERO plans. Censor the word? Seriously?

You can no longer buy a new DeSoto, either. But the word DeSoto is part of history. Maybe we should just censor all words that anyone finds offensive? That sure would make communication difficult.
    “Wolves are the top of the food chain, and when the wolf population is healthy, all other animal and plant populations are healthy.” -- Lois Tulleners
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    Agreed. We should also censor stupid 'well what do you think blah blah blah' threads about things that no one can possibly know.
  3. d94
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    LOL @ op
    sad i know, but dont get mad just because you cant get it
    im still gunna find a way to get a pre under my sero plan
    palm pro > visor > m100 > visor prism > clie sl30 > zire 71 > dell X5 > toshiba E755 > clie NX70 > ipaq 2200 > Treo 700w (verizon) > Treo 700wx (sprint) > Treo 755p (sprint) > HTC Mogul > HTC Diamond > HTC Touch Pro > Pre
  4.    #24  
    Great argument....

are you kidding... people arent gumming up the forum with DeSoto threads.... HELLO???
    palm m103 > palm m130 > palm TlX > 755p > PRE (FINALLY!!!!)
    I will never give up my SERO plan! SERO rocks! The Pre sucks because it tdoesn't allow SERO. Sprint sucks too for trying to eliminate SERO. I should be able to keep paying $20 for my SERO and get a Pre and free everything under SERO, and get to be a SERO premier sprint SERO user on SERO. So SERO SERO under SERO SERO SERO forever SERO SERO. SERO SERO SERO SERO SERO SERO SERO SERO SERO SERO SERO SERO SERO. And finally SERO.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
  6.    #26  
    LOL....
    palm m103 > palm m130 > palm TlX > 755p > PRE (FINALLY!!!!)
    Does anyone else find it ironic that this is another thread about SERO plans?
    “Wolves are the top of the food chain, and when the wolf population is healthy, all other animal and plant populations are healthy.” -- Lois Tulleners
    Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post
    Does anyone else find it ironic that this is another thread about SERO plans?
    Just call me Berd.
    At this point can we create a separate sub-forum for issues relating to plans. I understand that plans are a major issue for various people, but since the release yesterday it has been all plans all the time, leading to more speculation, recrimination, and general loathing between the two sides. I think Middle East peace will be achieved before there is SERO/non-SERO detente.
    I don't think censoring is the right approach, but perhaps relocating would be satisfactory to the greatest number. Keep this forum focused on the hardware and software and leave the plans to another sub-forum.
    No kidding.... Be careful when ruffling the feathers of a SERO person....

Their way or the Highway....
    Not true, not true at all. I have a SERO plan for one simple reason - it meets my needs for the phone that I use. When that is no longer the case, then I'll move on. But I can't see why people object to someone trying to keep what they have for as long as they have. Why should I give up a plan that meets my needs just to move to a new phone? Why should I not ask questions (in an open forum) about keeping that plan, and exploring my options with others of the same mind set.

Censorship? It something that you exercise yourself - just don't read the postings. But the minute you want to start limiting what you want to read because it offends you or bores you, then the problem isn't with the postings, the problem is elsewhere.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Quote Originally Posted by neodorian View Post
    Sprintgurus is a good place to discuss all sorts of codes, plan tweaks, and other Sprint deals.
    Strange, I thought TreoCentral was as well.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Great argument....

are you kidding... people arent gumming up the forum with DeSoto threads.... HELLO???
    Got a URL for any DeSoto threads? I'd like to see if I can get one under my SERO plan.

(Obviously a little levity here, okay).

Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    It is all so true that SERO has prolly been the most discussed topic for starting threads next to no 'Expansion Slot' to 'Release Date Speculation.'

Here is the Thread I started sometime back:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...t-allowed.html
    Starting Threads, Hijacking Threads, Redirecting Threads, Whining about Other Threads...

I could go on...
    I think once the Pre is in full circulation the discussion will cool off.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    I think once the Pre is in full circulation the discussion will cool off.
    I agree 150% - unless no one gets a Pre on their SERO plan. THEN watch the fun start.

I think it's pretty obvious, no matter how the Poll goes, We won't be censoring the word 'SERO'.

I would guess the OP doesn't expect that.
    I think he's just expressing a frustration.
    Just call me Berd.
    Talking about SERO is relevant because tons and tons of people have it. So anyone that votes yes on this poll should also vote yes on only allowing talking about things everyone can have currently, which is silly.
    I would say though, that I think some of the frustration from the OP and clearly from some of the replies (31/16 in favor as of this writing) lies in the forum becoming all plans all the time versus all Pre all the time.
    Censoring is definitely not the option. I think removing threads and banning over the issue is clearly overly harsh and an over-reaction. People do care about plans, to suggest otherwise would be an error of elephantine proportions.
    It seems like it might make sense though, solely for the sake of readability and focus, to maybe shift the discussion to another sub-forum. There are definitely people who want to read and discuss plans as indicated by the sheer number of threads relating to the issue. Unfortunately, this fact has significantly changed the dynamic, one third of the current posts (as of this writing) on the first forum page (excluding stickies) relate explicitly to plans, this doesn't even factor in the threads that devolve to plan discussions.
    I think it would make some sense to re-tighten the focus of the main forum and then create a seperate forum, perhaps even attached directly to the current one, for the plans. No censoring but simply redirecting discussions to more tightly focused rooms for dicsussion.
    Yeah, maybe we need a Pre/Plan sub-forum or sticky then.
    Dieter already set the example by putting his thead here:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/cd...ng-happen.html
    Just call me Berd.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast