Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Is anyone else here going to either get there the night before or EARLY that morning in order to ensure that they get their Pre?

I'm thinking since I am based in Los Angeles i will likely have a lot of competition for acquiring my pre ontime.

What is the general opinion?
    I'm going to get to the store 30 minutes before it opens. New York, but not NYC, I don't see myself have a lot of competition.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    I'll probably show up @ about 6am (2 hours before they open). I'll just wait in the car until someone starts a line.
    Don't think I will have to with a Best Buy one block from the Sprint Store. If I can't get one cheap at BB, I will head over to Sprint and hope there are some left. I don't think anyone will be down in the Baltimore Inner Harbor at 8 or 10am. If I'm wrong, I lose and have to hunt around town or order online I guess.
    I told myself I wasn't going to line up for the Pre, but what do I know... I'll skip my early morning run, will drive Best Buy (less than 5 minutes away) to check for any lines. On my way, there's a Sprint store and I'll also check for any lines.

Due to the rebate shenenigans, I'll order it from Best Buy. I just need to find out if Sprint somehow treats supporting phones bought outside of Sprint any differently.
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    The mall closest to me has a Sprint Store, a Best Buy and a Radio Shack... and frankly I don't see all three of them running out of these on day 1.
    depending on if they send me a Pre-Night invite... i will do 2 hours @ most
    Not lining up, I'm gonna' wait for the reviews to pour in.
  9. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    I don't think I'll need to after I win the drawing...
    sitting in the parking lot (Aliso Viejo, CA) @ 6am until line forms
    I'm not going to stand in line.

But I am going to wait by the exit, and grab Pre's as folks leave at a "tremendous discount".

eBay here I come.
    well it depends...if i don't get my Premiere Pre-vite then I'll go to the store at 6am on Saturday just to make sure
    i may roll to breakfast next to the sprint an hour before. if the lines absurd, i'll hop in then. otherwise not really. i don't think it'll be too bad since there are so many different stores selling it and i imagine each (or at least all the sprints) will have a 100+
    Quote Originally Posted by abarrera View Post
    well it depends...if i don't get my Premiere Pre-vite then I'll go to the store at 6am on Saturday just to make sure
    I really don't think there will be any lines anywhere. I never remember lines for any phone...ever. Have you guys actually experienced lines for new phones before? Not everyone is as excited as us! Heck, there are only around 300-800 of us on this forum at any given time - and that's across the entire country.
    Quote Originally Posted by furreverdad View Post
    I really don't think there will be any lines anywhere. I never remember lines for any phone...ever. Have you guys actually experienced lines for new phones before? Not everyone is as excited as us! Heck, there are only around 300-800 of us on this forum at any given time - and that's across the entire country.
    I think there will be lines, but maybe not everywhere. I remember going past a VZW store on a cold winter day and seeing alot of people waiting on line for the Storm. lol!
    My cousin works at BB and he plans on calling everybody on his list once he gets an appx # of phones that his store will receive. So, it looks like all those who signed up at his store might not have to wait in line.
    There is going to be a Pre "Palm Pre" release on Friday June 5th. That is the reason for stores to be closing at 4:00pm that night its so the employees can setup for the pre grab dinner and reopen at 6:00pm until either 10pm or 12pm depending on the store.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I'm not going to stand in line.

But I am going to wait by the exit, and grab Pre's as folks leave at a "tremendous discount".

eBay here I come.
    lol, nice! I'll take you on your strategy too!

Quote Originally Posted by nautica788 View Post
    There is going to be a Pre "Palm Pre" release on Friday June 5th. That is the reason for stores to be closing at 4:00pm that night its so the employees can setup for the pre grab dinner and reopen at 6:00pm until either 10pm or 12pm depending on the store.
    Yeah, that's for Premier customers only, and after RSVP.
    I was going to line up at 4pm on the 5th...is that too early? God, I'm desperate.
    Anyone lining up in good Ole Wisconsin?

My bestbuy is right next to the mall which has a Sprint Kiosk.. Not sure about the Radio Hack though.... Hmm I will have to look into it.
    I probably won't line up just get there when they open.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast