Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just called the Sprint store here in Sioux City to make sure I was on the wait list... The good news is that I'm #1 on the list... the bad news is that the rep told me they had NO info on when the Pre was being released... Really?!?! Ridiculous!
    Quote Originally Posted by GoD_trentonj View Post
    Just called the Sprint store here in Sioux City to make sure I was on the wait list... The good news is that I'm #1 on the list... the bad news is that the rep told me they had NO info on when the Pre was being released... Really?!?! Ridiculous!
    they screwing w/ you... its all over the sprint.com that is hilarious
    would sprint even send the pre to iowa? which such a limited supply, i think they would focus on bigger cities.

just saying.

Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Oh I get it, an Iowa joke.

Hack.
    Some of Star Trek takes place in Iowa but that isn't real...
    Quote Originally Posted by WizardHowl View Post
    Some of Star Trek takes place in Iowa but that isn't real...
    And all of the Iowa scenes were filmed in California.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    listen, i know you Sprint/vzw/att retail employees don't get paid a lot and have people hassling you all day, but i don't care. when i talk to you, i want you to be helpful and happy - not miserable. i want you to be happy like you mean it. that's your JOB. i don't care what your problems are or if you're having a bad day. i don't care if you only make $7/hour and your baby momma is after you for more child support. if you choose to work in retail, be the best damn retail rep that you can be. and try to have a little knowlegde about what you're selling too. and try to show a little enthusiasm and pride in your work.

your job is to be friendly and helpful. learn it. live it. love it.

thank you.
    I wouldnt trust waiting lists. Plus my local store isnt even making them.
    the waiting list idea is bogus. They will not honor any waiting lists
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    learn it. live it. love it.

thank you.
    Is that a quote from Jeff Spiccoli?
    i heard there's a big launch party in iowa. all of the iowa based celebrities will be there. did you get your invite???
    FYI...even if there is a waiting list it's just to make you happy while they're talking to you...waiting lists don't count and will not be used...it's first come first served
    Quote Originally Posted by dtokarz View Post
    Is that a quote from Jeff Spiccoli?
    had to look it up. close.

Jeff Spicoli: No shirt, no shoes...
    Jeff and Stoner Buds: No dice! Ohhhh.
    Brad Hamilton: Right. Learn it. Know it. Live it.
    Jeff Spicoli: He's the full hot orator.

Fast Times at Ridgemont High (1982) - Memorable quotes
    I'm from Des Moines IA, whichs store did you call, both of them I talked to deffinatelly know its available on the 6th and I was at one of the stores yesterday they had a huge Palm Pre banner saying available on June 6th. Also both stores here are having a launch party.
    I'm pretty sure the waiting lists are just sales reps making lists of people to call when they are available. I don't think any commissioned sales guy would turn down a sale in front of him to hold it for some random dude.

Just sayin...
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    would sprint even send the pre to iowa? which such a limited supply, i think they would focus on bigger cities.

just saying.

What are you saying?! Since I live in Iowa and not a "bigger city" I don't get a Pre at launch?! I would be so upset with Sprint.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    I'm from Des Moines IA, whichs store did you call, both of them I talked to deffinatelly know its available on the 6th and I was at one of the stores yesterday they had a huge Palm Pre banner saying available on June 6th. Also both stores here are having a launch party.
    Like I said, Sioux City. About 160 miles from Des Moines. Haven't recieved any invites to launch parties or anything....

May have to switch my tactics and go to Best Buy....

I wonder since the Sprint store here in town isn't a coorperate store if they aren't getting them prior to launch.... maybe thats why they don't know whats up...
  18. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    i heard there's a big launch party in iowa. all of the iowa based celebrities will be there. did you get your invite???
    I think maybe Steve Buscemi lives in Iowa.

Party down with Steve Buscemi!
  19. joelpalm
    I actually have a friend who works for Sprint corporate and he said that due to lack of interest, they weren't even sending ANY Pres to Iowa. Sorry bud. Said alot of the Midwest has to order through Telesales.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by joelpalm View Post
    I actually have a friend who works for Sprint corporate and he said that due to lack of interest, they weren't even sending ANY Pres to Iowa. Sorry bud. Said alot of the Midwest has to order through Telesales.
    I would say your friend doesn't really know what he's talking about... hence dkotoric's post about launch in Des Moines.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast