1.    #1  
    So, now that we have a release date for the pre then hopefully we will get a release date for the SDK.

It all seems to have gone quiet on the SDK.

Does anyone have any new information on this ?

I for one would sure love to get my hands on the SDK so that I can start tinkering with it.
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Since the O'Reilly book on programming for webOS isn't out until August, I am thinking that is close to when the SDK will be released.

Palm webOS: Rough Cuts Version | O'Reilly Media
    Yeah, I don't know, it could be a way for Palm to control what apps will be available at launch. (Aka so that they have high quality and useful things for reviewers to write about, not the crap on the iPhone.)

But I'd love to see a widescale release as well, and tweeted to Palm saying the same thing.. no reply though.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Yeah, I don't know, it could be a way for Palm to control what apps will be available at launch. (Aka so that they have high quality and useful things for reviewers to write about, not the crap on the iPhone.)

But I'd love to see a widescale release as well, and tweeted to Palm saying the same thing.. no reply though.
    I see that as a mistake though. Having a well stocked App catalog is a major selling point for Apple. True, they have a lot of junk in there, but there are also a ton of great apps as well. I'd much rather see that than to have a same 10 or 15 apps until August!!!
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Laxidasical View Post
    I see that as a mistake though. Having a well stocked App catalog is a major selling point for Apple. True, they have a lot of junk in there, but there are also a ton of great apps as well. I'd much rather see that than to have a same 10 or 15 apps until August!!!
    Even if they don't launch it until August, the companies that have the SDK will still trickle out apps until the launch of the SDK to the public. And Apple didn't have their app store at launch either.