View Poll Results: Premier Members: Received an invite?

Voters
180. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

14 7.78%
  • No

166 92.22%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    yea it's annoying we can go on and on...Premier Customer 7 yrs with Sprint, 5 lines, pay well over 200 a month, signed up for notifications day of CES back in January...and no invite here in San Antonio, Texas...not cool
    Quote Originally Posted by wjclint View Post
    I'm a premier customer, 4 lines, 5 years, not a corporate customer, in Plano, Texas (north suburb of Dallas), received invite on the 19th at 5:55 p.m., signed up for notifications from Sprint quickly on the date of CES.

Maybe it is first come, first serve. If they have X number of Pres that can be sold at the Party they don't want to invite X + 100 to the party.
    yeah thats the exact location where my invite is to also (and thats about 22 miles from me being im in lower greenville/uptown area).. and i went back yesterday evening to the link just to play around looking for info and it said something to the fact of 'sorry the list is full you will received a phone call if a spot opens up and you signed up for the call list and theres a cancellation etc...' So yeah i believe what youre saying there were X number of allotted pres for the party and looks like theyre all accounted for as of now... so I wonder how many invites to the party went out vs. how many open slots they actually had to the party b.c by this logic just b.c you are a premier customer AND got an invite that doesnt guarantee you would get to the party anyways (that would only make sense though - its not like theyre gunna deliver 1 phone for every SP customer out there - not every sprint customer is out to by a pre)... BUT if the party filled up like it did in 24hrs sounds like theres a pretty good demand for them though

still no confirm email from them yet though saying i signed up...
    Although this is not confirmed, my source in Sprint suspects all stores will be open on Fri for the launch. Not all will have hors d'oeuvres and throw a party but Premiere customers should be able to pick up a Pre. If you do get an invite you should respond ASAP as the "limited space" remark has more to do with allocation of Pre units then actual space. Stores are not going to stock 5 Pre's for every person, it's going to be more like a one to one ratio which is why they request an RSVP.
  4.    #44  
    I just read in another thread that it was actually a random drawing for premier customers- I'm planning on calling my local store tomorrow and ask for any details (as if they actually have any)
    So what's to insure that stores don't sell all their Pre's in stock on Friday to premier customers?
    Nope, 0 for 2 so far. This week has been great!
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Just received a response from Sprint: FAIL!

Dear ***********,

Thank you for contacting Sprint. I am glad to assist you about your
    inquiry for the invitation to a Sprint Premier Launch Party for Palm
    Pre.

Although all invitations have been extended for the Palm Pre Release
    Party, we encourage you to watch and register for future promotions and
    special offers on our website at Sprint.com

We value your business and appreciate the opportunity to address your
    concerns. Visit Sprint.com/mysprint if we can be of further assistance.

Sincerely,
    Devon S.
    Sprint

I specifically asked for info about a launch party in the Baltimore area but the response is so generic that I'm not sure he even got that. I note that he say's "party" not "parties" Hmmm....
    OK, so maybe I'm whining a bit here, but I'm really miffed about this. Sure, Sprint and Palm want pub, but at the expense of alienating their Premiere customers? Why in the world would you do that? Sprint is basically telling me that my Premiere status doesn't mean all that much. In the end, it seems that it would have been better just to put the device on sale first thing on the 6th without any additional fanfare. Sure, maybe have a press event in a big city for pub but don't sell the devices.

At this rate, you've got a very few very happy people that would have likely been happy enough to get the device on the 6th and a lot of disgruntled "Premiere" customers, folks that have been giving Sprint lots of $ for a long time. This is opposed all sales starting on the 6th where you end up with a lot of happy people getting devices and a few disgruntled folks left out due to the inventory shortage. The choice is clear to me; I'd choose lots of happy customers.

It seems like a bad business decision now, where excited and motivated Premiere buyers are now feeling out in the cold. At least I am.
    Quote Originally Posted by marksman View Post
    ... Sprint is basically telling me that my Premiere status doesn't mean all that much. ...
    No, they're telling you they don't have enough Pre's to go around. We all pushed for the release date. Do you want them to release now, with the stock that they have, or do you want them to postpone the release date until they build up their inventory?
    this letter was sent from my buddy from a sprint rep today....

Thank you for contacting Sprint. I understand that you want to attend the Sprint Palm Pre Launch Party. We are receiving many requests to attend this Launch Party. We are happyfor your overwhelming response to Sprint Palm Pre Phone. We wanted to invite all our valuable customers for this Party. Unfortunately, we have already distributed all the invitation card. I am sorry that we were not able to send the card to all our customers. Although all invitations have been extended for the Palm Pre Release Party, we encourage you to watch and register for future promotions and special offers on our website at Sprint.com. Thank you again for contacting us. We appreciate your business with us. Sincerely,Bianca R. Sprint
    Came on 19th. I registered and got the comfirmation right after. I live in LA.
    I am a premiere customer and didn't get an invitation; so I emailed Dan - here was my reply ...

Dear xxx,

I made an attempt to contact you by calling xxx, but I reached your voicemail. The Palm Pre launch party invitation was given to a select few of our Premier customers. A random drawing was held to determine which customers would receive the invitation. We would have loved to be able to send invitations to all of our Premier customers; however, because of the large customer base, that was not possible. We do appreciate your business and your continued support.

don't confuse june 5 premier launch parties at ten flagship stores vs. june 5 premier early buy at all stores. two different animals.
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    I was also told this was a random drawing devised by the marketing dept. After the last two weeks of talking with Sprint reps (who were all very nice by the way), I am convinced that the Sprint Premier program is fluff...it really means nothing other than a one time 25% discount on an accessory and the ability to change up phones yearly instead of every two years. Not that big a deal really.
    Quote Originally Posted by gjlowe View Post
    I was also told this was a random drawing devised by the marketing dept. After the last two weeks of talking with Sprint reps (who were all very nice by the way), I am convinced that the Sprint Premier program is fluff...it really means nothing other than a one time 25% discount on an accessory and the ability to change up phones yearly instead of every two years. Not that big a deal really.
    Yeah, that's my thinking. I'm willing to bet there are more 'Premier' customers than not ...
    Mite have been better off just sending emails to Premeir folks telling them to arrive at a Sprint store at an earlier time to purchase their PRE on the 6th. No party....no special guest.....no nothing. I'm sure folks would be alot happier....and that would be fairer.

IGo
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I was told by the Sprint store near me an email will come in the week of the release. And only the corporate stores will be participating in the event.
    OK, got my response from Sprint too. I didn't receive my email, so I contacted them...their response is "Only 10 nationwide Parties" & I'm on the waiting list to my nearest party. I'll believe it when I see the email.
    It's kind of discouraging that none of the sprint stores around me have special hours on the store locator page...
    Palm III -> Visor Prism -> Dell Axim X30 Hi -> HTC Apache -> HTC Mogul -> HTC Touch Pro

Ev-Do Rev. A Tethered on my TP:
    actually, i think they removed the special hours notice; there was one store near me that had it a couple days ago, and then yesterday it didn't.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast