Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I'm on the old 500 SERO and I am out of contract.
    I know I can change to the $60 EPRP by calling CS, but then what I want to know is, if I change before June 6, could I go to my local Radio Shack or BB and get the Pre for $199 and not have to deal with the MIR?
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    I'm on the old 500 SERO and I am out of contract.
    I know I can change to the $60 EPRP by calling CS, but then what I want to know is, if I change before June 6, could I go to my local Radio Shack or BB and get the Pre for $199 and not have to deal with the MIR?
    that is very sketchy... my wife did something lake that with us... we have 3 lines, my son went over his text by about 100 bucks worth.... my wife called CS and asked what could she do, the rep told her that she could change the plan, and if she did it @ that point that she would receive 140 bucks worth of credit.... then she changed her phone about 2 months later @ the advertised upgrade customer price w/ no issue
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Laxidasical View Post
    I know, right. I know an advocate who is putting one to the side for me, but now I'm thinking about hitting Best Buy up first if the lines are short.
    If the Sprint store really does open at 8 and the Best Buy store doesn't open until 10, which one will you go to first?
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Can BB do a phone upgrade or just new service?
    Quote Originally Posted by vandi View Post
    Can BB do a phone upgrade or just new service?
    also, can it do porting?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  6.    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by Reminiz View Post
    If the Sprint store really does open at 8 and the Best Buy store doesn't open until 10, which one will you go to first?
    I realized that issue after the fact!

A new Best Buy just opened up in downtown Chicago this week. I remember seeing an advertisement stating their regular hours start at 8 AM, so I thought I'd stop in first and see what was what. I failed to notice that Sat/Sun hours start at 10 AM.

So my new plan is Sprint Store first (hoping and praying my advocate is able to hold one til just after opening) and telesales/online second. If both fail, I'll be at Best Buy by 9 and play the wait and see game.

I'm glad I don't work on the weekend...
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Are we sure that ALL Best Buys will do this? The article on this forum sounds like it will be just the Best Buy mobile stores.

http://www.precentral.net/best-buy-m...ebate-palm-pre
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanharig View Post
    Not at Best Buy.
    People buying for full price will have a much easier and cheaper time just ordering from telesales.
    Bryan, best buy has price matching. They seem to regularly inflate list price to make discounts look better. it definitely stinks of deceptive practice but you can easily get them to price match list to sprint.

If you are buying at full price, effective price at best buy will be whatever sprint is, with the added benefit of some serious reward zone credit.
    I was under the impression they over priced 'full retail' devices to discourage people from buying outright and save their stock for more lucrative activations.

Good to know they are open to price matching though.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123