Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    but will BB recognize existing Premier customers status? ie -

1. no $18 activation fee/upgrade phone change fee.
    2. $199 new contract upgrade price
    3. -25% off accessories.

i have a feeling you'll walk in a BB and mention Premier and they'll say "what????"

also -

1. will BB jack up the price to compensate for the MIR?
    2. adequate supply at BB?
    3. BB staff expertise/knowledge/system capabilities re: Sprint?
    Best buy will likely jack the "list price" but will absolutely still sell the phone for $200 out the door no mail in. So no worries there.

The BB staff is usually more knowledgeable than Sprint staff. REally your best strategy is to ignore the staff anyway because at Sprint stores if they tell you four things about any phone two things are in error.

If you want overpriced accessories at Sprint, you still get the 25% discount if you qualify and don't buy the phone from them.

Best buy waives activation on request at signing. Sprint waives activation "premiere" or not on request as well.
    1. i just don't want to have spend 10 minutes explaining to BB what Premier is and why i should get the phone for $199 with no change fee even though im an existing customer. i have the early upgrade Premier deal and i'm concerned that BB employees don't have full access to and knowledge of the Sprint "system" and my history/status to see this. i surely wasn't talking about tech knowledge of the phone. don't need/want/expect that. i just don't want to deal with a clueless BB employee - ie clueless in the ways of Sprint i mean - surely in retail they're all mostly clueless in general anyway.
    2. i want an "overpriced" Touchstone kit which should be $70 at BB and the Sprint store regardless. so i might as well get -25% off.

see, some of us aren't so dumb as you assume.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    1. i just don't want to have spend 10 minutes explaining to BB what Premier is and why i should get the phone for $199 with no change fee even though im an existing customer.
    Lol that is what you get the Pre from BB anway. it is $199.99 out the door at best buy

All your suppositions just show you haven't bought a phone at Best Buy.

What is a "change fee." You don;t pay the activation fee anyway.

No one is saying your questions are "dumb" I didn't use the word. They are just based on bad facts and assumptions. Just check with people who have bought at best buy
    I thought there was "something the Sprint store had to do" to your phone before just handing it over to you. I hope the Best Buy employee in the electronics department will know how to do that, whatever it is.

Also, I already upgraded my plan, but still have the $150.00 phone credit, so like someone said earlier, I hope Best Buy can handle that "difficult situation" and still make sure I get the device for $199.
    Can Best buy, Radio Shack or even sprint stores hook us up with the sprint Referral plus " the new Sero" ?
    The reason I ask is because online you MUST enter the email and code that's around the net ?

any ideas ?
    Thank you in advance.
    I wonder if Best Buy (and Radio Shack, Walmart) will allow you to bill the phone to your's Sprint's account.
    Can you buy at Best Buy and be activated on an Everything Plus Referral plan, or do you need to use Telesales for that?
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    Best buy will likely jack the "list price" but will absolutely still sell the phone for $200 out the door no mail in. So no worries there.
    I've asked about that on several new release phones, I just bought a Pro about a month ago, the Sprint rep said, they don't make money on upgrades so they charge more e.i. Samsung s30 79.99 new price 129.99 upgrade, Treo Pro 199.99 new 229.99 upgrade

Best buy waives activation on request at signing. Sprint waives activation "premiere" or not on request as well.
    Good luck on that, it took me a month to get them to take off the 18.00 charge, sad thing is they charged me 3 times, for 1 phone, they waived one, and my wife had to get @ customer service for the other 2 to be removed.... I get free activation through my employer plus I am a premier customer.... that should not have been the case
    Quote Originally Posted by udratherbme View Post
    I've asked about that on several new release phones, I just bought a Pro about a month ago, the Sprint rep said, they don't make money on upgrades so they charge more e.i. Samsung s30 79.99 new price 129.99 upgrade, Treo Pro 199.99 new 229.99 upgrade
    Actually if you are 22 months into your old phone and within a couple months of contract expiry, you always get same exact pricing as new customers on phones.

Upgrading to a Treo pro for existing customers with contract renewal near two years is not $229.99, it is $199.99

Why? Because Sprint makes more money on you upgrading this way than they do from new customers. new customers have a much higher chance of leaving withing the first 30 days which is a huge cost.

Quote Originally Posted by udratherbme View Post
    Good luck on that, it took me a month to get them to take off the 18.00 charge, sad thing is they charged me 3 times, for 1 phone, they waived one, and my wife had to get @ customer service for the other 2 to be removed.... I get free activation through my employer plus I am a premier customer.... that should not have been the case
    Good luck on getting the activation fee removed? it is a one minute phone call or a simple note to ecare. go to sprint users.

you do NOT need to be premier to get activation fee waived or removed. it takes about a second.

You do understand they are scared to death you will leave or return phone in 30 days and have extreme leverage right?
    Quote Originally Posted by furreverdad View Post
    I thought there was "something the Sprint store had to do" to your phone before just handing it over to you.
    Nope.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laxidasical View Post
    I know, right. I know an advocate who is putting one to the side for me, but now I'm thinking about hitting Best Buy up first if the lines are short.
    I have no choice but to wait until launch date. My guy at Sprint is going to order it for me since I'm on his advantage plan or something like that. So...yeah, I'll probably not get mine until a week or so after launch...bummer.
    Palm 105--->Samsung i-300--->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 300 (still has the best keyboard)-->Treo 755p-->Palm PRE-->Treo 680(unlocked by me)--->iPhone 3G---->iPhone 4---->Hp Pre3
    Seriously....people really pay activation fees?

I have avoided them since 2004.
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhitman View Post
    Can you buy at Best Buy and be activated on an Everything Plus Referral plan, or do you need to use Telesales for that?
    It must be done through Sprint directly, either the sprint.com/sero site or telesales.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    Yes you can and without contract it is $549.
    Not at Best Buy.

People buying for full price will have a much easier and cheaper time just ordering from telesales.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    The stores around me look like they are already out of business. When ever I go into a Sprint store it is sooooo damn empty and 3 reps come and watch over me like a hawk. I hope it changes when the Pre comes out...again preferably after I get mine
    It doesn't help that 9 out of 10 times the reps in those Sprint stores can't help and you end up getting more of a headache when you call Customer Service.

Is this a standard thing for them? I have never done a new activation there...
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    I've been with Sprint over a decade and I've never bought anywhere except telesales because I simply didn't trust anyone else with my complicated discount-laden account. But this time I'm thinking about Best Buy because 1) no rebate wait and 2) instant availability.

I've already got our pre-ready. Our sales rep notated all our plan and phone discounts and so according to him it "should" be workable by a local store if they follow the notes and don't try to change anything. But knowing how little store reps care out in SoCal I'm feeling there's a big risk into giving account control to some $10/hr kid at Best Buy.
    Actually if you are 22 months into your old phone and within a couple months of contract expiry, you always get same exact pricing as new customers on phones.

Upgrading to a Treo pro for existing customers with contract renewal near two years is not $229.99, it is $199.99
    must just be the Best Buys in my area, we did the best buy thing to avoid w8n on a rebate plus i use my Best Buy Card

Good luck on getting the activation fee removed? it is a one minute phone call or a simple note to ecare. go to sprint users.

you do NOT need to be premier to get activation fee waived or removed. it takes about a second.

You do understand they are scared to death you will leave or return phone in 30 days and have extreme leverage right?
    I have never paid an activation fee, I have been a Sprint customer for 6 years, because of my employer. Downside to that is every time i had to call customer care for them to remove it.

This last time I called about a day after we got the phone, b/c the associate told me that is what I needed to do, after I told them I was not supposed to be charged. That day the customer care lady told me there was nothing she could do until it appeared on my account. After it appeared customer care told me that Best Buy had to have it removed through their customer care, but it was eventually done, by my wife........
    I have never had to even ask to have my activation fees waved. They always just do it.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhay312 View Post
    I have never had to even ask to have my activation fees waved. They always just do it.
    INteresting
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast