Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I remember awhile back someone posting that Sprint was going to allow you to trade in your Treo for money off of a Pre. The details are fuzzy but I do think the Palm 800 and Centro could be used to get $75 off their new phone. While the 700p/700wm could be used to get $50 off.

So who is going to be using their old phones as a way to save money on the Palm Pre?
    Nah, I am keeping my 700p and my wife's 755p for backup and nostalgia! It will also serve as a constant reminder of how Palm came from the lowest (700p) to their new heights in the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    Nah, I am keeping my 700p and my wife's 755p for backup and nostalgia! It will also serve as a constant reminder of how Palm came from the lowest (700p) to their new heights in the Pre.
    Well we don't know if the Pre is any good

I will be keeping my Centro just in case my Pre ever fails.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    I can't agree with you more, the 700p was the lowest of the lows for Palm. I'm keeping my 755p. It's the longest amount of time I've ever kept a device for, 2 years. Of course I'm going to activate the Pre, but if things don't work out I would revive the 755p in a heartbeat. It still sets the bar for the best keyboard on any smartphone.

I'm pretty sure that Palm also used to allow you to trade in your old PDA or Treo towards the purchase of a new device. I remember the headaches it caused, the company Palm used had some issues.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Sprint customers may return their Sprint or Nextel phones to their "buy back" program. Eligible models may be exchanged for an account credit of up to $50 per phone.

I'll be having Sprint buy back my Samsung Instinct for $50. To see if your handset is eligible for a credit, check out: https://secure.sprintbuyback.com/rbb...ble_phones.php

And if it's your phone is not eligible for a credit, or it's from a different wireless carrier, here's what Sprint has to say:
    Sprint feels that everyone has an ecological duty to ensure that wireless handsets are disposed of properly. By donating units, that are not eligible for account credit, the customer can be assured that the handsets will be disposed of properly. Units that are not eligible for account credit are typically older, outdated units that do not represent a benefit in any current Sprint Program.
    More info on Sprint's recycling program can be found here: http://www.sprint.com/responsibility...vanity:recycle
    Last edited by ImmaSlave4U; 05/19/2009 at 11:49 PM.
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." —L. Ron Hubbard
    That would be awesome! Do you have any more details? I've been contemplating how I will destroy my 700p for months, but that would be just as nice.
    I think i'll keep my 700wx that is no longer activated and uses a SDIO WiFi card in it when I want to jump into Windows Mobile. $15 is not worth it for me.
    Jimmie Geddes
    https://secure.sprintbuyback.com/rbb/

700wx - $15
    700p - $35
    All other Palm phones get $50. I hope this doesn't get lowered when the Pre gets released.
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

Sprint customer since 2001
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmieGeddes View Post
    I can't agree with you more, the 700p was the lowest of the lows for Palm. I'm keeping my 755p.
    The 700 wasn't the lowest of the lows for everyone -- I've loved mine, which I got a day or two after launch. I needed it pretty bad, because my 600 had died about 10 days earlier, and I've been a very happy customer ever since. I never had any of the problems (such as slow response) other folks have reported. I had to replace the battery once, but otherwise it's been a reliable workhorse. It was a big improvement over the 600, and it's better than my wife's 650p.

My problem now is that I'm tempted by the Pre, but my 700p works so well that it's not so easy to come up with a really good reason why I need to spend money on a new device.
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    I have a 800w active and two palm 700p's inactive can I use all three on a new Pre?
    Dont forget its not $15-$50 off the phone but a credit on your next phone bill , thats what they told me when i asked.
    Nope. Like Gekko, I'm keeping my 755p for backup. Hell, I had a 650 sitting in my drawer for two years until a few months ago - just in case the 755p croaked.
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    Dont forget its not $15-$50 off the phone but a credit on your next phone bill , thats what they told me when i asked.
    Yeah. It all works out the same in the end.
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

Sprint customer since 2001
    Do you know if you have to include the battery when you send your phone back? I wouldn't mind trading in my Centro, but since the Pre will use the same battery, I'd like to hold onto it if I can...
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EeZeEpEe View Post
    https://secure.sprintbuyback.com/rbb/

700wx - $15
    700p - $35
    All other Palm phones get $50. I hope this doesn't get lowered when the Pre gets released.
    I just went thru the buyback process and the website says that the buyback values are due to change May 20th, today! They "want" you to ship the phones within 5 days, but the quote is good for 90 days. I put in the comment block on my quote that I would ship the phones back after the Palm Pre upgrade.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    I have a 800w, and I will trade it in with great enthusiasm.
    Oops!
    Last edited by Grim; 05/20/2009 at 10:58 AM. Reason: Duplicate post
    “Wolves are the top of the food chain, and when the wolf population is healthy, all other animal and plant populations are healthy.” -- Lois Tulleners
    Quote Originally Posted by alvic51 View Post
    Do you know if you have to include the battery when you send your phone back? I wouldn't mind trading in my Centro, but since the Pre will use the same battery, I'd like to hold onto it if I can...
    Program Overview
    As a current Sprint Customer you qualify for our Buyback Program. This will allow you to receive a credit on your account balance (the amount of the credit is based on the return of an eligible handset and battery).

* Sprint cannot provide an account credit to a customer for units that were not previously active on their account.
    * Phone must power on and not have excessive internal (indicated by rattling) damage or excessive external damage. However, normal wear and tear is acceptable.
    * For flip phones it is acceptable if the flip has minor damage.
    * Accessories will be accepted and properly disposed of but there is no additional credit for these items.
    * Not all phones are eligible for an account credit. Click here for a list of eligible units.
    * All devices must include battery to be eligible for credit.
    * IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO DELETE ALL INFORMATION FROM YOUR HANDSET/PDA BEFORE YOU SUBMIT THE HANDSET/PDA TO SPRINT. SPRINT IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR REMOVING INFORMATION FROM YOUR HANDSET/PDA AND CANNOT GUARANTEE THAT ALL INFORMATION LEFT ON YOUR HANDSET/PDA WILL BE DELETED. SEE YOUR HANDSET'S OR PDA'S INTSRUCTION MANUAL OR ITS MANUFACTURER FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT HOW TO DELETE ALL OF YOUR INFORMATION FROM YOUR HANDSET/PDA.
    * All account credits are subject to change without prior notification. All completed submissions will not be subject to any price changes.
    * Reimbursement will be applied as a credit against any outstanding balance on Customer's account within 2 billing cycles of receipt of handsets.
    “Wolves are the top of the food chain, and when the wolf population is healthy, all other animal and plant populations are healthy.” -- Lois Tulleners
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    What's the current selling rate on Ebay? Looks like you can get at least $50 for the 755p.
    Quote Originally Posted by vandi View Post
    What's the current selling rate on Ebay? Looks like you can get at least $50 for the 755p.
    When I checked yesterday there were a ton of 755p's on Ebay and literally none of them had any bids.

Link
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast