Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Ok so chatting with a sprint rep right now (Karen) via live chat and wow am I in shock..

Being that i am a current sprint customer with only 1yr into my 2yr agreement with my current phone (centro) I am elegible for the $75 off upgrade discount but because of the 1yr only thing I am not elegible for the mail in rebate which is only offered to those of new contracts (never been with sprint before) or those who are over there 2yr contracts, even if i am agreeing to a new 2yr extension ....

So its looks like this 549.99 - 75 for uprgade and thats it ... ummm thats $474roughly plus taxes ... who the hell is gonna pay that for the Pre up front when you know the price will be lowered eventually ... $199 i can handle but 400ish cmon....

I am waiting on a price breakdown as we speak, will update ...

**Update
    All those who want to upgrade to the Pre and have only been in contract for a year and are elegible for the $75 discount will get just that and nothing else, according to the Sprint reps...$75 upgraders are no elegible for the mail in rebates and ironically there is no such info about an instant rebate either ... so as it stands on my end it would be 549 - 75 ... dam i hope thats not right ...
    Last edited by Impulsebuyer; 05/19/2009 at 07:43 PM.
    I would think with a new 2 year contract you should get the phone for $199 like everyone else.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Please update and find out what the price would be for someone with the full $150 upgrade credit but still under a current contract. I hope at least one of the rebates will be offered to me!
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    Please update and find out what the price would be for someone with the full $150 upgrade credit but still under a current contract. I hope at least one of the rebates will be offered to me!
    If you are elegible for a $150 upgrade because you have fulfilled your 2yr agreement than this does not apply to you, but those who have yet to get to the 2yrs are basically caught in the middle and get screwed

What makes no sense is either way you are still extending your contract another 2yrs ... so why would it be so unbalanced as to who gets what rebates
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    i read here/heard frpm sprint rep the same that you get the "lesser of" price of the two - which is usually the new customer 2 year contract price - ie $199 out the door after MIR rebate.
    Said it in another thread....

If you only get the 1-yr eligibility then you have $75 and nothing else off. If you can get the 2-yr then you get what basically amounts to the 2-yr agreement price that they list for new customers.
  7.    #7  
    Ok so as another update Rebecca a new sprint rep says I am elegible for $75 off and a mail in rebate of $100 which the other rep said i wasnt elegible for ..
    Hmmm whats going on here ... I think i need to call telesales ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Impulsebuyer View Post
    Ok so as another update Rebecca a new sprint rep says I am elegible for $75 off and a mail in rebate of $100 which the other rep said i wasnt elegible for ..
    Hmmm whats going on here ... I think i need to call telesales ...
    I was told that with my Premier status and 20 months remaining in contract, my price will be $474.99 - $100 mail in rebate = $344.99.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    If you are elegible for a $150 upgrade because you have fulfilled your 2yr agreement than this does not apply to you, but those who have yet to get to the 2yrs are basically caught in the middle and get screwed
    Folks amaze me. So, they're "screwing" you because they're insisting you honor your first contract before they give you a full discount for the second one?

Wow.

What makes no sense is either way you are still extending your contract another 2yrs ... so why would it be so unbalanced as to who gets what rebates
    Because, those that have completed their first contract (or have never had one) are under no contractual obligation to continue with Sprint, so Sprint has to find an additional incentive to bring them in.
    I thought that upgrading and renewing your contract were 2 different things?

From what I understand:

If you have fulfilled 1 year of a 2 year contract lets say, and want to upgrade your phone, the $75 would be taken off of the retail price and not extend your contract.

If you have fulfilled 2 years of the contract then you either get $150 off the retail price to upgrade your phone with no contract extension or renew your contract and get the new customer price.

This is what I understood from one of these threads on here. Am I right?

I want to know how this works as well because I'm going to be a Sprint customer.
    I spoke with two different Sprint Reps today and got two different answers. One told me during an online chat that a two year upgrade was only eligible for the 150.00 off, no instant rebate or mail in rebate. Surprised by this I called Customer Service and they told me something completely different. This rep told me that for a two year upgrade, I would pay 299.99 in store with a 100.00 mail-in rebate. Now I just don't know what to believe. She told me to go to Best Buy because they do not do any of the mail in rebates.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krod301 View Post
    I thought that upgrading and renewing your contract were 2 different things?

From what I understand:

If you have fulfilled 1 year of a 2 year contract lets say, and want to upgrade your phone, the $75 would be taken off of the retail price and not extend your contract.

If you have fulfilled 2 years of the contract then you either get $150 off the retail price to upgrade your phone with no contract extension or renew your contract and get the new customer price.

This is what I understood from one of these threads on here. Am I right?

I want to know how this works as well because I'm going to be a Sprint customer.
    No, if you take the $75 you renew another 2 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by pen91181 View Post
    I spoke with two different Sprint Reps today and got two different answers. One told me during an online chat that a two year upgrade was only eligible for the 150.00 off, no instant rebate or mail in rebate. Surprised by this I called Customer Service and they told me something completely different. This rep told me that for a two year upgrade, I would pay 299.99 in store with a 100.00 mail-in rebate. Now I just don't know what to believe. She told me to go to Best Buy because they do not do any of the mail in rebates.
    Ok so let me school u all who are getting different answers from this not so knowlegdeable sprint reps. This is how it works when I upgraded my old phone to a centro I was not renewing my contract yet I still got an instant rebate and my upgrade rebate. Plus there was a mail in rebate. Regardless of whether you are renewing your contact or not you will still get the your upgrade and the instant rebate. Now for the above quote yes go to best buy as they do not do the mail in rebate they give it to you instantly and they mail in the rebate themselves. How do I know well I have a friend at bestbuy and that is where I will be getting my Pre from so to dave yourself the hassel of having to mail in the rebate go to best buy and they take care of it for you. So again everyone still gets it for 199 unless you have only the 75 dollar upgrade then you will pay a lil more but you still get the instant no matter what the instant rebate is not based on new 2 year contract the 150 dollar 2 year contract discount is.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    21:41:04
    Yes it was that phone number. I had the mp6900sp (Sprint Touch) and I had unlimited data and unlimited text from February 2008-July 2008
    21:42:30 Tara S.
    Changing your plan was not necessary however, since the plan was changed and it is not $69.99 per month, you no longer qualify for premier status. Are you interested in changing your plan to a plan that is $69.99 or above?
    21:45:50

Not at this moment. I thought that once you were a Sprint Premier customer you couldn't be disqualified. I only wanted to know, if i was a Sprint Premier customer, because I wanted to buy a Palm Pre, but it seems I wont get any discounts.
    21:47:02 Tara S.
    Actually, you will. You qualify for a $75 upgrade discount towards the purchase of a new phone.
    21:47:54
    But that means I would still have to pay over $400 for the Palm Pre. UNfortunately thats to much to pay during the current economic situation.
    21:49:28 Tara S.
    You would receive the Palm Pre for $549.99 - your $75 discount and - $100 mail in rebate to equal = $374.99.
    21:49:54
    If I could buy the Palm Pre for $300 I'll surely buy it.
    21:50:59 Tara S.
    I do apologize. There is not a way to provide a larger discount than the $75.
    21:52:04
    Not even if i extend my contract for 2 years???
    21:52:54 Tara S.
    Using the $75 upgrade discount extends your contract for 2 years. You do not qualify for the $150 discount until 12/1/09.
    21:54:37
    and there is no way of getting the Palm pre in a price range of $300-$350
    21:55:09 Tara S.
    I apologize. There is not.
    21:55:45
    Alright Thankyou for your help

So this shows if your one year into your contract, the price is $374.99. Its also messed up that if you change plans your disqualified of being a Sprint Premier Customer
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Just got off chat with a Sprint Rep. Any one with $150 discount gets the phone @ the $199 price point.

and for those who still think its fake, heres the transcript Sprint emailed me. Notice that all the prices are stared $********

I am definitely getting one... depending on availablity.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the13th View Post
    21:41:04
    Yes it was that phone number. I had the mp6900sp (Sprint Touch) and I had unlimited data and unlimited text from February 2008-July 2008
    21:42:30 Tara S.
    Changing your plan was not necessary however, since the plan was changed and it is not $69.99 per month, you no longer qualify for premier status. Are you interested in changing your plan to a plan that is $69.99 or above?
    21:45:50

Not at this moment. I thought that once you were a Sprint Premier customer you couldn't be disqualified. I only wanted to know, if i was a Sprint Premier customer, because I wanted to buy a Palm Pre, but it seems I wont get any discounts.
    21:47:02 Tara S.
    Actually, you will. You qualify for a $75 upgrade discount towards the purchase of a new phone.
    21:47:54
    But that means I would still have to pay over $400 for the Palm Pre. UNfortunately thats to much to pay during the current economic situation.
    21:49:28 Tara S.
    You would receive the Palm Pre for $549.99 - your $75 discount and - $100 mail in rebate to equal = $374.99.
    21:49:54
    If I could buy the Palm Pre for $300 I'll surely buy it.
    21:50:59 Tara S.
    I do apologize. There is not a way to provide a larger discount than the $75.
    21:52:04
    Not even if i extend my contract for 2 years???
    21:52:54 Tara S.
    Using the $75 upgrade discount extends your contract for 2 years. You do not qualify for the $150 discount until 12/1/09.
    21:54:37
    and there is no way of getting the Palm pre in a price range of $300-$350
    21:55:09 Tara S.
    I apologize. There is not.
    21:55:45
    Alright Thankyou for your help

So this shows if your one year into your contract, the price is $374.99. Its also messed up that if you change plans your disqualified of being a Sprint Premier Customer
    I am in the same boat here. My contract ends 12/1/09 and I can get the 150 discount on Oct 1. I don't want to pay $375 for this phone so sprint will need to release a cheaper Android phone by July or they may just lose a customer.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Atleast the touch pro2 will be out by that time. Sprint should try to conserve its current customers. What does is matter if you get 500,000 new customers if you lose 750,000???
    i thought for the people who are only eligible for the 75 off, they just get that instead of the normal 150 off for 2 year subscriber (so you pay 75 more)...in other words 550-75-100 (instant)- 100 (Mail in)= 275 total
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    People in with one year to go dont get the instant rebate. So itll be 550-75- 100 (Mail in)= $375
    for christ sake...just tell them you want to cancel your account because you want to get an iPhone 3.0....you will eventually find your way to the $199 pricing...nuff said
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast