Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by the13th View Post
    People in with one year to go dont get the instant rebate. So itll be 550-75- 100 (Mail in)= $375
    ive read otherwise else where, but havent really looked into it since it doesn't effect me. good luck guys
    Good! I will be getting mine with my $150 upgrade credit and my wife will only have to wait till July 1st! If this pans out, I will be a very happy camper indeed!
    21:41:04
    Yes it was that phone number. I had the mp6900sp (Sprint Touch) and I had unlimited data and unlimited text from February 2008-July 2008
    21:42:30 Tara S.
    Changing your plan was not necessary however, since the plan was changed and it is not $69.99 per month, you no longer qualify for premier status. Are you interested in changing your plan to a plan that is $69.99 or above?
    21:45:50

Not at this moment. I thought that once you were a Sprint Premier customer you couldn't be disqualified. I only wanted to know, if i was a Sprint Premier customer, because I wanted to buy a Palm Pre, but it seems I wont get any discounts.
    21:47:02 Tara S.
    Actually, you will. You qualify for a $75 upgrade discount towards the purchase of a new phone.
    21:47:54
    But that means I would still have to pay over $400 for the Palm Pre. UNfortunately thats to much to pay during the current economic situation.
    21:49:28 Tara S.
    You would receive the Palm Pre for $549.99 - your $75 discount and - $100 mail in rebate to equal = $374.99.
    21:49:54
    If I could buy the Palm Pre for $300 I'll surely buy it.
    21:50:59 Tara S.
    I do apologize. There is not a way to provide a larger discount than the $75.
    21:52:04
    Not even if i extend my contract for 2 years???
    21:52:54 Tara S.
    Using the $75 upgrade discount extends your contract for 2 years. You do not qualify for the $150 discount until 12/1/09.
    21:54:37
    and there is no way of getting the Palm pre in a price range of $300-$350
    21:55:09 Tara S.
    I apologize. There is not.
    21:55:45
    Alright Thankyou for your help

So this shows if your one year into your contract, the price is $374.99. Its also messed up that if you change plans your disqualified of being a Sprint Premier Customer
    Sorry but anyone with a $75 rebate right now can go check the prices of Sprint's current phones and see that none of them have instant savings or MIRs. I don't see why this would be different for the Pre. Also if you switched to a plan below $69.99 per month how do expect to still remain a Sprint Premier Customer?
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

Sprint customer since 2001
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    The thing is that the requirements to be a Sprint Premier Customer is being a customer for atleast 10 years or have a $69 for three months. On the latter it doesn't mention that you have to continue with such plans after the three months. They fail to mention it.
    Quote Originally Posted by seekis View Post
    Notice that all the prices are stared $********

Wow, this looks so shady. Are they intentionally censoring the prices on transcripts so you can't prove a quote you were given by a CSR?! Very underhanded.
    The thing is that the requirements to be a Sprint Premier Customer is being a customer for atleast 10 years or have a $69 for three months. On the latter it doesn't mention that you have to continue with such plans after the three months. They fail to mention it.
    Yes it's not mentioned but it still doesn't make sense how you could assume you would still be in Sprint Premier by NOT paying the Sprint Premier minimum. It's like saying for a few months you'll pay $100 for insurance then all of a sudden drop down to $50 and expect the same coverage.
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

Sprint customer since 2001
    Sounds like Sprint isn't going to budge on allowing people to upgrade early at the 2-yr rate. I will keep trying though.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    for christ sake...just tell them you want to cancel your account because you want to get an iPhone 3.0....you will eventually find your way to the $199 pricing...nuff said
    I tried this. It didn't work. Who is the CEO of Sprint? His shareholders should see to it that he's canned, immediately. I am certain that Sprint will lose 1.5 customers for every one they gain on new plans. They are determined to drive me to Verizon or AT&T, and they are very likely to succeed.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom in Raleigh View Post
    I tried this. It didn't work. Who is the CEO of Sprint? His shareholders should see to it that he's canned, immediately. I am certain that Sprint will lose 1.5 customers for every one they gain on new plans. They are determined to drive me to Verizon or AT&T, and they are very likely to succeed.
    Well Verizon or AT&T wont let you get 2 year upgrade prices after 1 year either so what is the point? Seems like your guys' problem is more with the cell phone industry than with Sprint, even though I personally think these complaints are ridiculous. They need you to fulfill a 2 year contract to make the money back on the phone they are heavily subsidizing for you, why even have the policy at all if you guys think they should ignore it because you want a fancy new phone?

You're talking about how Sprint is going to lose customers (because they aren't doing what everybody else also isn't doing), but were they to do what you want them to do, it would be costing them more money. So the solution to this in your all eyes is to switch to another carrier where you will be paying $30+ more a month for the same plan meaning after 4 months you would have already spent the money that you would have needed to spend to get the Pre with the $75 discount. You pickin' up what I'm puttin' down?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom in Raleigh View Post
    OH PLEASE!!!! I am so sick of everyone thinking that they are entitled to everything! You signed a contract people! Fulfill your end of the deal and get out! No one owes any of you anything!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hegemon View Post
    You pickin' up what I'm puttin' down?
    I'm smellin' what you're cookin'.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by dbarrett5381 View Post
    OH PLEASE!!!! I am so sick of everyone thinking that they are entitled to everything! You signed a contract people! Fulfill your end of the deal and get out! No one owes any of you anything!
    Santa Claus still owes me a bike from when I was 7, but other than that, I agree with you.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    It's been said b4, but if you're premier AND 12 months into your two year, you get the $199, post rebate price. Otherwise, it gets REAL complicated as we see above. One of you bright folks on here needs to create a grid with all the scenarios so people understand what's up. Sprint is STUPID if they are going to let people walk in the door and hit them with a price $100 more than they expected.

They need to hire some of us so they can get this loyalty thing right.
    Sprint really needs to make this whole process more clear. Seems like a few years ago the 2 yr $150 off was all that you got. But now after 22 months you get the new contract price with a 2 year commitment. I personally think that is better...

Bottom line is that they hold you hostage if you don't have the 22 months between handset upgrades. Your only leverage is to port to another carrier and pay the ETF. I just tried to get them to early upgrade my wifes phone to a BB curve for the $50 AR new contract price. Note that she didn't even have a ETF because the last phone upgrade was only 1 year commitment.. NO way. She needs to wait 5 months - they did give me a $70 for each line in service credit, immediately for extending her agreement and I will get my credit once I buy the Pre this weekend.

Negotiating this crap sure is pain in the *^#.
    Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    I dont know what Sprint's policy is for canceling and opening a new contract, but I'm 6 months into my contract with Verizon and a BB Storm. When I break contract with them, I will be paying somewhere around $120. The BB Storm used is selling for much more than that on ebay. I plan on almost breaking even when switching to Sprint and the Pre.

EDIT: I also just sent in for a replacement Storm so the one I'll be selling is almost new.
    I am the same as you. I have had my HTC Diamond for about a year and the price for the Pre with a brand new 2 year contract will be $199. I have both talked with a Sprint Tech and double checked on chatting.
    maybe i'm wrong but i thought your upgrade depended on the amount of time since the purchase of your last phone and if you agree to a two year contract, not the amount of time left on your contract. my contract doesn't run out until july 2010 but i'm still getting the pre for $199 after mir because the last time i bought a phone was february 2006. my dad's contract expires in 2011 (just renewed in march) and he's eligible for the $199 price because it's been 2 years since he bought a new phone from then. i do have to sign a new two year contract to get it at that price but that's okay with me!
    I have an interesting situation. I joined Sprint on 9/3/07 but I spoke with 3 CSRs and they all told me that I am eligible for a $150 upgrade and that I would get the Pre for $199 (after mail-in rebate). How can this be? I thought I had to wait 22 months?
    Quote Originally Posted by i.freakin.heart.palm View Post
    maybe i'm wrong but i thought your upgrade depended on the amount of time since the purchase of your last phone and if you agree to a two year contract, not the amount of time left on your contract. my contract doesn't run out until july 2010 but i'm still getting the pre for $199 after mir because the last time i bought a phone was february 2006. my dad's contract expires in 2011 (just renewed in march) and he's eligible for the $199 price because it's been 2 years since he bought a new phone from then. i do have to sign a new two year contract to get it at that price but that's okay with me!
    that's exactly the way I understand it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    for christ sake...just tell them you want to cancel your account because you want to get an iPhone 3.0....you will eventually find your way to the $199 pricing...nuff said
    I tried that with one of my lines and they basically showed me the door.
    Phone history with Sprint since April 2001: Kyocera QCP-2035, LG Touchpoint 1100, Samsung i500, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Treo 755p, HTC Mogul, Blackberry 8830, Samsung A900M, Motorola ic902, Blackberry Curve 8330, Samsung Instinct, HTC Touch, Treo 800w, Touch Diamond, Touch Pro, Motorola i9, Treo Pro (personal)/Iphone 3G 16GB (gone to make room for Pre), Palm Pre, blackberry tour, iPhone 3GS 32GB
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast