1.    #1  
    So I needed to switch before the Pre came out so I wouldn't be charged an extra month on my T-Mobile plan, so Sprint gave me a Samsung Rant as a loaner until June 6th. So anyways the rep says my number will be transferred in 2-4 hours which is reasonable. 4 hours later and two not working phones, I call sprint. Turns out they are having trouble porting the number and says it will take up to 3 DAYS to fix.... I mean seriously, 3 days?

I'm glad now that I transferred early to avoid having a practically bricked Pre for a few days, but a question to al of you who have sprint: When you switch phones with sprint, does it normally take a long time? Or will it transfer over smoothly?

I really don't want to have to wait 3 days again

*and on an aside, I gave my old unlocked phone to my brother who is on AT&T and so I called customer support for them to send the set up information and the rep was the most incompitent and thickheaded person I ever talked to... lol glad I'm not getting an iPhone*
    Hmm... how unfortunate for your first experience. Hopefully all will be fixed. How is that phone btw?
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    I signed 3 of my friends up with Sprint in the last half year. They all went smooth except one, she was with Metro PCS and the password got jumbled up which caused a bit of a mess. But her Metro phone kept working until the next day when the Sprint guys were back at work and switched it over no problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    I signed 3 of my friends up with Sprint in the last half year. They all went smooth except one, she was with Metro PCS and the password got jumbled up which caused a bit of a mess. But her Metro phone kept working until the next day when the Sprint guys were back at work and switched it over no problem.
    Hello, Hello, Hello.

Sorry I could not resist.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09

Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    Hello, Hello, Hello.

Sorry I could not resist.
    Off topic, but is that you in your avatar? If so, what is wrong with your nostrils? They look huge!
  6.    #6  
    Hmm... how unfortunate for your first experience. Hopefully all will be fixed. How is that phone btw?
    Yeah just kinda unfortunate

And I really haven't had a chance to do much with it seeing as it doesn't connect to the network, but the interface is nice. The screen has pretty bad viewing angles and the top row of the keyboard is really close to the top half. It doesn't support J2ME and the device is a rather large and brick-like... but I guess if I had to keep it for the 2 years it wouldn't be soo bad. It does support all the high-end sprint features (just not sure how well)
    I wouldn't worry too much about the 3 day thing.
    When I switched from Verizon to AT&T, for the original iPhone, I got the same type of message. Even said the same thing, it may take up to three days.

I went to sleep and when I woke the next morning it was all set.

I think the 3 day warning is probably a standard response when, in reality, it takes much less time.
    Quote Originally Posted by santos View Post
    Off topic, but is that you in your avatar? If so, what is wrong with your nostrils? They look huge!
    HAHAHA no that is not me, Google images

Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    HAHAHA no that is not me, Google images
    Thank God.
    I've had a few varying port times (from sprint to nextel....then nextel back to sprint).

First time was like 4 days...i had a loaner number (and PTT) so it wasn't too bad.

Back to sprint it literally was in an hour.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    switching from att to Sprint it took almost 2 days. the rep told me that if the number was not released by the end of the third day that I would have to send a letter demanding that the number be released.
    sorry you had a rough time. within sprint is very quick. even outside. when i went from cingular to sprint i few years back i think it took 30 min