1.    #1  
    I am currently talking a representative online about the Palm Pre. Since I am already due for an update on my account (actually three but I only want one Pre) I decided to ask if older customers had to pay more. Plus I was trying to get the rebate waived. So I asked her and she (Jennifer) could not waive it and she told me that current customers had to pay $399.99 before the rebate. I can't copy and paste the whole chat since I am at school and the computers won't allow you. Neither does the transcript have the numbers in it but I just hope this isn't true. Maybe if someone that works for Sprint could tell me some good news because I am not paying $400 dollars up front for a phone.
    Yo, simmer down. The current customer price is the list price minus whatever discounts you're eligible for. Depending on what discounts you can get, sure, you could end up paying more than a new customer.

Here's how it breaks down for new customers:

Retail Price - $549.99
    2-year service agreement - $150.00
    Instant rebate - $100.00
    Mail-in rebate (MIR) - $100.00
    Net price - $199.99 (after full upgrade rebate)
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
  4.    #4  
    I hope she is just one of those representatives who don't know anything. The Palm Pre is a great phone from what I know but that price tag is too expensive.
    to expensive? i am a multimillionaire.
  6.    #6  
    Sorry I got really upset but I needed to vent a bit. I trust most of the members of this board better than some representatives.
  7. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by laravia18 View Post
    I am currently talking a representative online about the Palm Pre. Since I am already due for an update on my account (actually three but I only want one Pre) I decided to ask if older customers had to pay more. Plus I was trying to get the rebate waived. So I asked her and she (Jennifer) could not waive it and she told me that current customers had to pay $399.99 before the rebate. I can't copy and paste the whole chat since I am at school and the computers won't allow you. Neither does the transcript have the numbers in it but I just hope this isn't true. Maybe if someone that works for Sprint could tell me some good news because I am not paying $400 dollars up front for a phone.
    Based on my conversation with Telesales this morning, this is (as others have pointed out) not correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by laravia18 View Post
    Are you out of contract, or still bound by a previous contract?
  9.    #9  
    Okay thanks!

Sorry for the outrage.