View Poll Results: What in-store retailer will you purchase the Pre from?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sprint

29 56.86%
  • Wal-Mart

0 0%
  • Best Buy

19 37.25%
  • RadioShack

3 5.88%
  1.    #1  
    With the news of the Pre costing $299 with a $100 main in rebate at Sprint one may expect (although the price hasn't been set) Best Buy to post a $199 sticker price with their "instant rebate" policy.
    BB (i'm not sure about Wally World or Radio-hack) does not offer "mail in rebates" but does have a best price in town guarantee.

Who is actually going to give Sprint $100 extra to hold onto while you go out of your way for a check in the mail?
    Since I am leaning towards holding out for a GSM Pre, I'm going to possibly have to go to Australia for mine, or if I am lucky, Telefónica Movistar México will have them in July/Aug too - Much shorter trip!
    In dealing with my business rep, all rebates have become instant. I don't think I've dealt with a rebate yet.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Local Walmart's don't carry Sprint, so that's out of the question. Next question is where is my best chance of grabbing one on the 6th... Gotta hit the local Best Buy and see if they carry Sprint anymore, I may be limited to Radio Shack and Sprint as my options.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    In dealing with my business rep, all rebates have become instant. I don't think I've dealt with a rebate yet.
    My account is a Business account, but I have just been dealing with the local Sprint Store people. Should I try to get a Business rep assigned to me, or how did you get one?

I went to almost every Sprint carrying place in my town today. Kiosk in the mall said that they probably won't get any in until two weeks after the release, but they will have the Pre in their system on the 6th and they could order one for me which will either arrive 3 to 5 days later, or, for an extra 10 bucks, would be here the next day....uh, which would be a Sunday, so noone delivers then, so it would be Monday. I didn't bother asking the bigger Sprint store in the mall coz they were all busy with dumb phones. The Radio Shack in the mall was sad as well. The guy I know there had no clue what the Palm Pre is, I had to spell it out for him. The other guy that heard of it wasn't much into it, but yet was excited about some pay as you go texting phone....whoopeee...

The next independent Sprint store finally had some people that knew what was going on, and I got the same story that they probably won't have anything until they order some after the Pre lands up in the system on the 6th. He said sometimes they show up early in the system so they can order them early from Brightpoint, meaning that they'd have some in the store on the 6th, but they can't sell them any earlier.

So...I don't foresee any lines in my future, just get there early, have them order one, and pick it up when it gets there.
    Best place to get it is Bestbuy because of that instant rebate
    Quote Originally Posted by mvpsanto View Post
    Best place to get it is Bestbuy because of that instant rebate
    Is there a way to avoid the activation fee at Best Buy or do you need to call Sprint for that?

Also are there any other contractual obligations to fulfill when buying from Best Buy like some authorized retailers do sometimes?
    leaning toward best buy... hopefully get the instant MIR, and rewardzone points to boot.
    I'm in the twin cities, which makes me sort of consider Mall of America- TWO sprint stores, a Best Buy, and a Radio Shack, all in one mall, with a Walmart nearby .
    Where my where ever I can get it option?? lol.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    If going to Best Buy and wishing to use the $150 upgrade, will we be able to do that and walk out the door with our phone without activation?

I'm on a SERO plan with two other lines but the account holder is currently in a different state. We'll be switching to a different plan but is this something that will be done at Best Buy?
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    Quote Originally Posted by nojok3 View Post
    If going to Best Buy and wishing to use the $150 upgrade, will we be able to do that and walk out the door with our phone without activation?

I'm on a SERO plan with two other lines but the account holder is currently in a different state. We'll be switching to a different plan but is this something that will be done at Best Buy?
    I am not sure I would do that with Sprint directly. It is likely that Best Buy would have no idea what SERO is/was.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    I'm in the twin cities, which makes me sort of consider Mall of America- TWO sprint stores, a Best Buy, and a Radio Shack, all in one mall, with a Walmart nearby .
    I was thinking of going there as well.
    Also, there's 2 Best Buy's in MOA, one full store, and a BB Mobile.
    The last Palm product I owned was the Zire71..the Prē is bringing me back.
    So, it's bringing sexy back!
    The only way i can use my $150 upgrade is online but at least i get free overnight shipping and they bill my account.