1.    #1  
    Just posted by Engadget (their source is a chat with a Sprint customer service rep, so take it for what it's worth):

Palm Pre to run $549 off-contract
    It will be interesting to compare that number to the prices on EBay.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Wouldn't that be $449 with the $100 rebate though?
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    It will be interesting to compare that number to the prices on EBay.
    Only way I'm getting a Pre is if I can somehow manage to buy enough of them for resale on eBay and cover the cost of the plan for two years. If I can fetch $200 profit per phone on eBay I'll need to resell about 7 of them.
    i wonder how much a unlocked gsm pre going to go for..... Hopefully less then $800!!
    I wonder if that price is still subject to the Rebates? The existing customers who have an upgrade credit should get at least one of the rebates. $400 after our credit is a little much! Means I cant get all the accessories that I wanted.
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    I wonder if that price is still subject to the Rebates? The existing customers who have an upgrade credit should get at least one of the rebates. $400 after our credit is a little much! Means I cant get all the accessories that I wanted.
    Rebates always require a new 2-yr contract so no, it wouldn't.
    At least initially you probably won't be able to touch one without activating. They just won't sell 'em to you, even at full retail. Not while they're still hot.
    my big problem with the way that cell phones are priced is that at $549, I might as well buy a netbook and data plan.

I'll spend less, have a device that is yes bigger, but can do way more.

Part of me wants the Pre- the same way I wanted the Handspring 600- here is a device that is game changing, and truly different than almost everything else on the market.